Laughing City
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Who's going? After much despair, today I was informed that I can go!!!!!
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
Last edited by anotherrandomtuesday on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

Myself, my wife, and 13 of my friends will be there!
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

THIRTEEN? Shocked
Anyone else?
NoSurprises11
Sea Post King

I'll definitely be there!

Myself, my friend, his cousin and his counsin's fiancee, my friend's brother, and 2 more friends of that original friend.

I actually have an extra ticket if anybody needs one. My friend had to bail out at the last second and I can't find anybody else that can go at such short notice. We won't make you pay anything above what we paid for them. We just need to get rid of it. PM me if you would like it.

Like you're so sure you do
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

It was a great show, I should have lousy phone pics up tomorrow.
NoSurprises11
Sea Post King

Awesome show! I was pretty excited since it was my first time seeing Eisley live.

It was absolutely packed at the Tabernacle and I didn't want to lose my decent spot in the crowd that I had weasel'd my way into (I'm a little short). When Sherri announced they would be at the merch booth to say hey I was tempted to go but decided I'd wait. But it turns out that they all hit the shower and went to bed after the show Sad. I did get Paul from MuteMath to take a picture with me and to sign the underside of the bill of my hat though... I just really wanted to meet everybody in Eisley. I did get someone named John that does something or another with Eisley to relay my message to the band when he got a chance (I hope he does)

Gah that was a good show tonight... My head's still ringing.

And holy crap, Darren stood on his tom on TOP of the crowd about 3 ft. away from me at the end of Break the Same. Didn't expect that...

Man, anyone that didn't go to this show totally missed out on an incredible experience.

Like you're so sure you do
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

anotherrandomtuesday wrote:

I hope you found Boyd! I'm glad it was a good show.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

Like I said in previous post, my wife, myself, and 13 others went to the ATL show last night. Unfortunately, it was the worst Eisley show I have ever seen, the sound was horrible. The band played fine, but it was almost unbearable to listen to. Tons of feedback, could barely hear the keys, bass was way too loud (actually everything was way too loud). Fortunately I have seen Eisley 5 times now and I know how good they can sound, how good they usually do sound. But for all of these people that I took that were seeing Eisley for the first time, they had a very bad first impression.

At first I thought it was the venue (my first time at the Tabernacle), but then Mutemath sounded great. I am not a Mutemath fan, their songs do nothing for me, but they put on a great live show. I am assuming that Eisley's late arrival and lack of sound check had something to do with the mix being so off.

Anyway, more about the show, the setlist was awesome. The highlight was when they played "Over the Mountains" and "Head Against the Sky" back to back. Other songs they played, not in order:
Many Funerals
Come Clean
Invasion
I Could Be There For You
Go Away
A Sight to Behold
Memories
Marvelous Things
Golly Sandra

I think that's it, the set was 45 minutes. Usually I would have been disappoointed in a set that short, but because of the sound issues it was almost a relief. For some reason I was under the impression that Eisley and Mutemath were playing similar length sets on this tour, but last night Mutemath played twice as long.

The crowd was obviously there for Mutemath. They were much louder for them and sang along to everything.

Anyway, if last night was your first time to see Eisley, be aware that they usually sound a million times better.

anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
anotherrandomtuesday wrote:

I hope you found Boyd! I'm glad it was a good show.

Yes! I caught everyone after the show, and managed to give the cookies directly to Stacy. Still wasn't preshow but as long as everyone got them (and they did) I was happy.
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

drenchedecent wrote:
Like I said in previous post, my wife, myself, and 13 others went to the ATL show last night. Unfortunately, it was the worst Eisley show I have ever seen, the sound was horrible. The band played fine, but it was almost unbearable to listen to. Tons of feedback, could barely hear the keys, bass was way too loud (actually everything was way too loud). Fortunately I have seen Eisley 5 times now and I know how good they can sound, how good they usually do sound. But for all of these people that I took that were seeing Eisley for the first time, they had a very bad first impression.

At first I thought it was the venue (my first time at the Tabernacle), but then Mutemath sounded great. I am not a Mutemath fan, their songs do nothing for me, but they put on a great live show. I am assuming that Eisley's late arrival and lack of sound check had something to do with the mix being so off.

Sorry about that. I was pretty happy at mix position, but we got there too late for me to be able to walk the room. I was basically just crossing my fingers that it was sounding reasonably similar throughout the venue. I would never have guessed that it would be that different anywhere but right by the stage. Where were you standing?

BTW, MuteMath's music is much more forgiving of bad sounding rooms and systems. They are a band that I would pay to see in venues that I would normally never want to see a show in. Also, their FOH guy, Steve, is an insanely good mixer. He has mixed for Bjork, Muse, and loads of other amazing bands.
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

Kappa962 wrote:
Sorry about that. I was pretty happy at mix position, but we got there too late for me to be able to walk the room. I was basically just crossing my fingers that it was sounding reasonably similar throughout the venue. I would never have guessed that it would be that different anywhere but right by the stage. Where were you standing?

that's why i always try to get as close to the "mix position" as possible, unless it's someplace really inaccesible, or really just a bad place to hear the music from in general (which shouldn't be where it is, anyways!) it sounded great to me at the House of Blues the night before!
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Kappa962 wrote:
drenchedecent wrote:

BTW, MuteMath's music is much more forgiving of bad sounding rooms and systems. They are a band that I would pay to see in venues that I would normally never want to see a show in. Also, their FOH guy, Steve, is an insanely good mixer. He has mixed for Bjork, Muse, and loads of other amazing bands.

I thought it sounded quite fine myself (except for the loudness part...but I expected that).
redrubberball
Sea Post King

I had a great time! I finally got my brother to agree to see Eisley. He doesn't like their music very much but he agreed to go and he enjoyed it! I was shocked. His favorite song was "Come Clean". I was so moved and during ICBTFY I started tearing up and was just overwhelmed by the whole experience. The music was great. I also got to meet the band again and Boyd for the first time! He was very nice and I kinda(ok, not kinda, I did) interupted a conversation he was having because we were hurrying to see MM. I think he found me weird. I apologized for inteprupting and then said "Hi! I'm redrubberball!" I'm pretty sure I confused him but then he sort of realized what I meant. Anyway, it was a good show. Actaully it was just a good night. I got to see Eisley with my brother and a friend I haven't seen in awhile. Good times.
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

redrubberball wrote:
I also got to meet the band again and Boyd for the first time! He was very nice and I kinda(ok, not kinda, I did) interupted a conversation he was having because we were hurrying to see MM. I think he found me weird. I apologized for inteprupting and then said "Hi! I'm redrubberball!" I'm pretty sure I confused him but then he sort of realized what I meant.

i just realized that i actually didn't tell Boyd, or any of the band, who i was when i met them! it never even occured to me! that might have been for the best, though…
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Alright, here's some photos I took with my phone--no cameras allowed. Sorry if they're blurry/repetitive...only so much I could do with my piece of junk.

It was really great getting to talk to Boyd for the third or fourth time and I waited for everyone in the signing line to clear out so I could talk to the band. I brought cookies for them this time--I'll be really embarrassed if they tasted bad. Anyway, I was upset about the no camera thing because the lights were pretty cool. Mutemath was so energetic, they put on a fun show. I had fun as always and really can't wait for the next show. I'll make some better cookies next time, I overcooked a batch. Or maybe brownies or something.