Laughing City
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

I went into my friend's room to do homework and her roommate and this other girl were there watching Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel because they really loved it when they were kids. It turned out to be the best thing ever and I got sucked in.

Anyway, there's one part where Anne is a teacher and all the kids in the class are playing a trick on her by giving fake names, and this girl with glasses stands up and tells Anne not to believe them, and one of the other kids calls her "Telescope Eyes." I thought this was awesome because people always think telescope eyes means a robot, but apparently it's an established insult for a person with glasses. I wonder if the DuPrees watched this movie when they were kids.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

sleepydusk wrote:
I thought this was awesome because people always think telescope eyes means a robot, but apparently it's an established insult for a person with glasses.

Wait...When did people think it meant a robot? I've always connected it with glasses. Hm...
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
sleepydusk wrote:
I thought this was awesome because people always think telescope eyes means a robot, but apparently it's an established insult for a person with glasses.

Wait...When did people think it meant a robot? I've always connected it with glasses. Hm...
Me too.
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

people have thought that. I just thought it was interesting that someone besides Eisley had used it to mean glasses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
giovanna
Lost at Forum

Yeah I always thought that Telescope eyes meant glasses and Metal teeth meant braces.
Lost at Forum

giovanna wrote:
Yeah I always thought that Telescope eyes meant glasses and Metal teeth meant braces.

yes. but i never heard 'telescope eyes' until i heard it from eisley.
that would be cool if they got it from that movie. Smile
norad
Vintage Newbie

pazatronix! wrote:
giovanna wrote:

yes. but i never heard 'telescope eyes' until i heard it from eisley.
that would be cool if they got it from that movie. Smile

It might have been in the book too.
xLottie
Sea Post King

giovanna wrote:

I actually hadn't heard it until the song either. I thoght they were talking about a ghost or a monster or something sill...I never thought of something to logical : P
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

I used to think it was about a robot or a monster, too. Especially after the video. Very Happy
norad
Vintage Newbie

LadyJaneGrey wrote:
I used to think it was about a robot or a monster, too. Especially after the video. Very Happy

I thought the video concept and the song were not directly connected.
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
LadyJaneGrey wrote:

I thought the video concept and the song were not directly connected.

Apparently not. Laughing