Laughing City
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

ks1990 wrote:
If only this were getting a physical release.

i know! i don't even consider online releases to be "real" releases at all! the quality is crap, you have to put up with DRM, and i can't listen to them off my computer (because i don't have an MP3 player, because the quality is crap!)
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

Catey wrote:
I love LTA.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
jabberjaw_04 wrote:
uncreative wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Mormon_seebs wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
pazatronix! wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
Lady Get Away.

yes please. Smile

I want to join in. Very Happy

You're not supposed to say anything Wink
Lady_Gown
Sea Post King

DRMS_7888 wrote:
jabberjaw_04 wrote:
uncreative wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Mormon_seebs wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
pazatronix! wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
Lady Get Away.

yes please. Smile
Joined: 02 May 2006 | Posts: 274 | Location: Asteroid B-612
Mister_Pine
Sea Post King

do not be afraid. wrote:
ks1990 wrote:

i know! i don't even consider online releases to be "real" releases at all! the quality is crap, you have to put up with DRM, and i can't listen to them off my computer (because i don't have an MP3 player, because the quality is crap!)

well someone might have DRM-free versions. Walmart or Amazon maybe. I know iTunes will be crap-Kbps and DRM but there are other stores out there. I, personally, am happy that it's releasing and at least at 128kbps which is where i draw the line between good and bad.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Mister_Pine wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:
ks1990 wrote:

well someone might have DRM-free versions. Walmart or Amazon maybe. I know iTunes will be crap-Kbps and DRM but there are other stores out there. I, personally, am happy that it's releasing and at least at 128kbps which is where i draw the line between good and bad.

So far, all of Eisley's digital-only EPs have been iTunes exclusives.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

their myspace page says it will be released december 18th on itunes! Very Happy
alinicole
Sea Post King

Mister_Pine wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:
ks1990 wrote:

DRM with iTunes isn't really an issue because all you need to do is burn the songs to a CD (using iTunes) and rip the CD onto your computer and you'll have the songs DRM-free.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

tragedienne wrote:
Mister_Pine wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:
ks1990 wrote:

DRM with iTunes isn't really an issue because all you need to do is burn the songs to a CD (using iTunes) and rip the CD onto your computer and you'll have the songs DRM-free.

That doesn't solve the quality issue, however.

Vintage Newbie

I've never noticed any quality issues. Sometimes I think people just say that crap to feel cool or something. Smile
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
I've never noticed any quality issues. Sometimes I think people just say that crap to feel cool or something. Smile

or maybe you just don't notice? if you encode an Eisley song losslessly, using the same exact format as iTunes, in fact using iTunes, you're lucky if the file isn't 10 times the bitrate used by the iTunes Music Store, and in order to get the files that small they've got to dump a bunch of information, which means the quality will be $#@!. period.

edit: okay, Combinations has a lossless bitrate of 965kbps (VBR), using the same encoding as the iTunes Music Store. songs at the iTunes Music Store are 128kbps — that 7.5 times less! not quite the "10 times" i said, although i have ripped files losslessly that were 1,280kbps+, but, still! assuming the single would require a similar bitrate, that's a pretty significant loss of quality! just sayin'…
norad
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
patrock wrote:

or maybe you just don't notice?

Probably 'cause I'm just listening to the music. I'm not looking for things that are wrong with it.
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:
patrock wrote:

Probably 'cause I'm just listening to the music. I'm not looking for things that are wrong with it.

but, if you're listening to it on iTunes, you're not listening to it, because most of the sound has actually been removed from the file! that might not matter to you, but it does to me!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:
patrock wrote:

People who notice are "just listening to the music," too. It's not that there's something wrong with the music, it's that there's something missing. You can look at a badly compressed JPG and see the picture, but it's a better experience to view a high-res, artifact-free image.

Some people really can hear the difference between ~1,000kbps and 128kbps. I'm one of them.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

I think it's safe to assume that the tracklist is exactly:
Like The Actors
Sunfeet
Many Funerals
Invasion

I thought Boyd's made that pretty clear. Confused

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>