Laughing City
Myself
Sea Post King

What song off of Combinations should the next music video be made to? I personally like I Could be There For You, but id think they'd go with something having a lighter feeling cause they've already done Invasion.
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

the question is will warner brothers fund another music video
Myself
Sea Post King

maybe it will be something like I wasnt Prepared for this...lower budget, never officially released
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

starbucksgod wrote:
the question is will warner brothers fund another music video

I think they're a long way off from abandoning this album.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vampirate
Sea Post King

I'd like to see Come Clean or Ten Cent Blues. But ICBTFY would be nice just to see Chauntelle sing some. =]
em-tucky
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
starbucksgod wrote:
the question is will warner
brothers fund another music video

i agree. after the band's break during the first part of next year they will be ready to hit the ground running again with promotion of the band and this album. i think another video would be perfect - possibly "I Could Be There For You"? Wink plus a lot of bands' albums dont pick up success until the 2nd album
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Come Clean would make for a good video and has a pop sound for mass consumption for than some songs I like better on the album.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

em-tucky wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
starbucksgod wrote:

i agree. after the band's break during the first part of next year they will be ready to hit the ground running again with promotion of the band and this album. i think another video would be perfect - possibly "I Could Be There For You"? Wink plus a lot of bands' albums dont pick up success until the 2nd album

That's so true, and sometimes all it takes is one song to blow up, and not necessarily the first or even second one released from the album (I'm thinking Gym Class Heroes off the top of my head, but really any alternative band that comes to mind really...)

SO....I think think Go Away or Taking Control have major blow up power on pop radio, but with ICBTFY and Come Clean being sleepers that gain ground to then eventually blow up. Personally I would LOVE to see ICBTFY as a video. That last bridge could get pretty trippy. It took me a bit to get used to the album version, but that song is back on my amazing list. I could listen to it all day.
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I think "Taking Control" is probably the most "mainstream" sounding song off the album, but I would also love ICBTFY. "Come Clean" would make a neat video too.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Seeing how they're not too happy about this little (but needed) break I wouldn't expect much more from WB for Combinations...but what do I know (nothing).

Maybe the next album...When do they start recording that one? (joking. I'm still set with Combinations.)
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

i think the next single/video should be "Many Funerals", just because it's my favorite! is it "commercial?" i don't know! i don't care! it just seems to me that it makes sense to put out the best songs as singles, whether or not their "commercial!" i don't Eisley is a band that will ever become famous because of a "radio friendly" single being shoved down peoples throats, and in a way, i think putting out the less commercial songs makes more sense — sort of letting them serve as an beacon for people who'll like Eisley just as they are (not "radio friendly), rather than trying to appeal to people who Eisley just simply won't appeal to!

not that i understand the "business" side of music at all, or anything…
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Tim Kim
Sea Post King

My stance on Warner and Eisley is simple because they signed Eisley precisely the same way I see the label itself. WB signs bands not out of trends but out of longevitiy. Eisley may not be selling out arenas now but they are a band with lasting value.

end.

change is happening.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia
em-tucky
Sea Post King

Mystic210 wrote:
em-tucky wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
starbucksgod wrote:

That's so true, and sometimes all it takes is one song to blow up, and not necessarily the first or even second one released from the album (I'm thinking Gym Class Heroes off the top of my head, but really any alternative band that comes to mind really...)

SO....I think think Go Away or Taking Control have major blow up power on pop radio, but with ICBTFY and Come Clean being sleepers that gain ground to then eventually blow up. Personally I would LOVE to see ICBTFY as a video. That last bridge could get pretty trippy. It took me a bit to get used to the album version, but that song is back on my amazing list. I could listen to it all day.

I LOVE the bridge of ICBTFY....it makes my heart light up with glee
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

i was listening to ten cent blues this morning and i really think it would make for a lovely video. although i don't think it could be the next single. Sad
creativeamp68
Sea Post King

do not be afraid. wrote:
i think the next single/video should be "Many Funerals", just because it's my favorite! is it "commercial?" i don't know! i don't care!

I agree. "many Funerals" has that awesome guitar riff in the middle of the subtle verses. When then keyboards, drums, and guitars take off...man! It sounds great live and is very alt rock.

Favorite Eisley Track of the Moment - Marsh King's Daughter
Joined: 22 Oct 2007 | Posts: 27 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia

goto page
 | next >>