Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

OceanMachine wrote:
Like this genuine 6x4 blue sapphire, which I think he's been hinting at wanting in his journals.

Hahah. That's so small. I wonder how much it is. Depends on if it's heated or not.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:
Like this genuine 6x4 blue sapphire, which I think he's been hinting at wanting in his journals.

Hahah. That's so small. I wonder how much it is. Depends on if it's heated or not.

I'd tell you, but he might see the price on here, and that would spoil the true spirit of Christmas.

Sea Post King

wait...why is that guitar so expensive?
keithabbott
Sea Post King

The first one because it's vintage and rare. Also take in consideration that it's a Fender. The second one, who knows since it's not but so old.

I'm sure they both feel they can get that price for them.

em-tucky wrote:

johnip
Vintage Newbie

em-tucky wrote:

"There are really no others available worldwide, and from what I hear, these never become available on the market, because they are so rare. The Tele book says only about 30 of these were made." - from the ebay page.

There is a very limited quantity of those guitars and it's almost 40 years old so that makes the price go up a lot.

As for the second one posted, it's also a limited edition guitar. It's a reissue though so it's not worth nearly as much. I remember seeing those in the music shops. They also made a pink paisley version (I think it was a bass tho).

Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I pick Boyd, and give him shotgun shells. To protect the ladies.

Feeling suicidal? I kid, I kid.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

For Sherri. Coupon never expires and can be used over and over again. Embarassed Smile
I got the idea from Kenneth the page on 30 Rock. Laughing

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

I'd pick Stacy and first i'd give her flowers (because all girls love flowers of course) probably gerber daisies.
Then I'd give her the book 'Only Revolutions' by: Mark Z. Danielewski. (I'm also getting this for christmas, and from what i've read so far it has potential to be the best book i've ever read, thats why i can't wait to get it so i can finish.) http://www.onlyrevolutions.com/

When I fly solo, I fly so high.
jabberjaw_04
Golly, Poster

ks1990
Lost at Forum

Does Eisley like video-games? Coz if they do, i'd get them the best game of the year...

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Super-Mario-Galaxy/dp/B000FQ9QVI/ref=pd _bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1197241573&sr=8-1

that's right, Super Mario Galaxy!!!! (in fact, i remember one interview with stacy, and she was wearing a nintendo tshirt.)
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

singsoftly wrote:
I'd pick Stacy and first i'd give her flowers (because all girls love flowers of course) probably gerber daisies.
Then I'd give her the book 'Only Revolutions' by: Mark Z. Danielewski. (I'm also getting this for christmas, and from what i've read so far it has potential to be the best book i've ever read, thats why i can't wait to get it so i can finish.) http://www.onlyrevolutions.com/

Give her House Of Leaves first. If she manages to find her way out of the house, then a little road trip with OR might be a fine idea.

Vintage Newbie

OceanMachine wrote:
singsoftly wrote:

Give her House Of Leaves first. If she manages to find her way out of the house, then a little road trip with OR might be a fine idea.

I don't want my dear Stacy reading that book. Mostly pages 108-109.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:
singsoftly wrote:

I'd argue that the more explicit stuff is actually less disturbing than that which is only hinted at or suggested by some of the other things Johnny writes.

Clara English, for example. But then, how far did you get into the book?

Vintage Newbie

OceanMachine wrote:
patrock wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:
singsoftly wrote:

I'd argue that the more explicit stuff is actually less disturbing than that which is only hinted at or suggested by some of the other things Johnny writes.

I'm a little more than halfway through.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:
patrock wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:
singsoftly wrote:

I'm a little more than halfway through.

Cool.

But I'll stop hijacking this thread with my nonsense.