Laughing City
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
When I met the love of my life.........GARRON!

hehe. My friend absentmindedly said to him "I love you!" meaning the whole band. He just chuckled and said thanks. hehe. Very Happy But of course, you had him first. Wink

rox_my_sox
Sea Post King

seeing them in concert for the first time in October-definitely amazing...
It made my life meaningful.

I dragged my cousin along with me who had just gotten a cast put on earlier that day...
even though she had never heard of Eisley before.

So during Mute Math, I asked them to sign it for her.
Chauntelle was so nice about it.
And when my cuz tried to twist and move her leg up higher for them to sign,
Sherri dove to the floor to sign so she didn't have to move.
Lovely people, those DuPree's.

rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

rox_my_sox wrote:
seeing them in concert for the first time in October-definitely amazing...
It made my life meaningful.

I dragged my cousin along with me who had just gotten a cast put on earlier that day...
even though she had never heard of Eisley before.

So during Mute Math, I asked them to sign it for her.
Chauntelle was so nice about it.
And when my cuz tried to twist and move her leg up higher for them to sign,
Sherri dove to the floor to sign so she didn't have to move.
Lovely people, those DuPree's.

YOU COULD' VE HAD AN ORIGINAL SHERRI DRAWING ON THAT CAST AND YOU MISSED OUT!Crying or Very sad i would have thought clever thoughts like that.

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
rox_my_sox
Sea Post King

^this is true, I would LOVE that, but considering it was not my leg...
aaaand I would have asked her if I could keep the cast, except the odor...
plus then a bunch of skuzzbags from her school signed over it.
No respect for the Eis.

while we hung out around the merch table, a lady was annoying Sherri into drawing a bird on someone's shirt.
Sherri's like "it takes me a few hours to draw something like this, but whatever".
in her totally polite way, of course.

I'm happy with the picture of the cast considering on my ticket they signed,
Sherri and Stacy were fighting 'cause one signed over the other's. I can't remember which.
what a wonderful night Smile

Catey
Lost at Forum

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:

- Hearing Dermot O'Leary play Taking Control on his BBC Radio 2 show.

That is because Dermot is a complete babe.

My best Eisley 07 moment was snagging their Reading Festival setlist aka MY ONLY memory..good memory.

I had to sit with 'Combinations' in my tote bag for nearly TWO days because our CD player in the rental in Florida would of tried to eat it and then I couldn't play it on the plane as I have an iPod so I had to wait alllll across the Pacific and then drive from London to Essex to hear it...untainted.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
bLackeNedcrowN
Sea Post King

july 07. seeing their acoustic show in san diego. literally the smallest room (if you can even call it that) to see them ever. sherri was like right in front of my face, it was awesome.

anyways, the best part of that show was garrons phone going off causing interference with the amps, and sherri saying "garron, i told you to tell your mom to stop calling you during shows."

haha, hilarious. Laughing

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

rox_my_sox wrote:

while we hung out around the merch table, a lady was annoying Sherri into drawing a bird on someone's shirt.
Sherri's like "it takes me a few hours to draw something like this, but whatever".
in her totally polite way, of course.

why would someone ask her to do this?

chani
Sea Post King

-PRE COMBiNATIONS-

The first time I saw them was in Salt Lake City (during their acoustic tour... it was fantastic). After the show, my friends and I went to see a movie at the nearest mall (we had to drive around a bit to figure it out because we were not from SLC, but from Vegas. We drove almost 8 hours to see them)..(totally worth it). ANYWHO....
Once we were at the theater, I noticed Weston's head sticking up above everyone's in line (the theater was packed due to harry potter). I was thinking to myself... no way. How crazy is it that Eisley came to this movie theater after their show!? Fate. Wesley Jennings was also there.

Let me interject and tell you that if I were to meet Tom Cruise today, I'd be able to casually walk up to him and say "sup, tommy" but because I am such a HUGE fan of Eisley's it took everything in me to go up to them. I was SO intimidated. And I really didn't want to bother them while they were just hanging out together.

But eventually I mustered up the courage and went up to the boys, as they were the only ones around at the time. I shook their hands and told them the show was amazing and that I had driven all the way from Las Vegas to see them. They were polite, but didn't say much, so I figured that was my cue to scram. As I was walking away I looked back and said.... "rock on" in an extremely shaky voice. Silly silly me.
I was humiliated. Who says "Rock on" anymore" wtf

Thennnnnnn...

-POST COMBINATIONS-

The next time I saw them was at a surprise show in Las Vegas at Gillians. It wasn't on their tour schedule. I guess they just stopped by. Just for me;)
So after the AWESOME show, I got to meet them at the merch table and told them all about my mortifying "rock on" incident.
they all laughed really hard (not one of those polite laughs, either) And Stacy (my favorite...) told me I should "totally bring that saying back". They signed my poster and both sherri and stacy wrote rock on by their names.

It's my story. And it was fabulous.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Good story, Chani!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

MUTE MATH SHOW.

FOSHO.

OH WAIT!!

Holy wow.

I just realized i saw them three times this year Shocked Very Happy
yay.

The Fray tour was awesome too, cause they played outside in the sun, it was lovely.

AND THE ACOUSTIC SHOW.

Oh my, I think that was one of my favorite shows I have ever been to. they should definitely do another acoustic tour or something. I'd love to take my mom to see it. She wasn't here when they they did this tour.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Seeing them live with Mute Math. Being an opening tour, it went by so fast and I missed the banter but it was an awesome concert; can't wait till whatever may come this summer! Specific hightlights from the night:

-Having a conversation with Boyd. Such a nice and awesome person!

-Getting a picture with the band. I happened to be at the table getting my shirt, so I was the first one in line to ask for a picture which made it interesting to initially find a right place/position for everyone in that small place.

-Being the first one in line, I forgot to get my CD liner signed so I waited 'till the line cleared to sheepishly go back through again. With a "You again?!" from Sherri, all was well, or so I thought...

-Which leads me to my last one: Chauntelle asked what color of the booklet did I want them to sign on, to which I did the ever so passive "Oh, it doesn't matter." From somewhere above within all the bustle I heard a strong "It DOES matter!" I must have looked up with such a confused/scared look on my face because immediately Weston's expression went from a mock stern to a huge smile. Laughing Oh, it makes me chuckle now. After a few sheepish comments from me and nice replies from the band, I went back in to see Mute Math. And thus my 2007 moments. Laughing
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

chani wrote:
-PRE COMBiNATIONS-

The first time I saw them was in Salt Lake City (during their acoustic tour... it was fantastic). After the show, my friends and I went to see a movie at the nearest mall (we had to drive around a bit to figure it out because we were not from SLC, but from Vegas. We drove almost 8 hours to see them)..(totally worth it). ANYWHO....
Once we were at the theater, I noticed Weston's head sticking up above everyone's in line (the theater was packed due to harry potter). I was thinking to myself... no way. How crazy is it that Eisley came to this movie theater after their show!? Fate. Wesley Jennings was also there.

During the show (or maybe it was after) they said they were going to the Gateway to see Harry Potter, and that anyone that wanted to come was invited. Wesley Jensen's people encouraged my best friend and I to go, but it was late, we lacked in money, and we felt vulnerable. There were transvestites walking around! I have to laugh because the Gateway is right by In the Venue, but on the other hand I would get lost in Vegas. Laughing

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
chani
Sea Post King

guitargirl wrote:
chani wrote:
-PRE COMBiNATIONS-

During the show (or maybe it was after) they said they were going to the Gateway to see Harry Potter, and that anyone that wanted to come was invited. Wesley Jensen's people encouraged my best friend and I to go, but it was late, we lacked in money, and we felt vulnerable. There were transvestites walking around! I have to laugh because the Gateway is right by In the Venue, but on the other hand I would get lost in Vegas. Laughing

Yeah, we realized it was pretty close after going around and around for a while. And I never heard them invite people! Damnit. Now I feel even more dumb. hah. thanks.
But I LOVED when they came back in and did Sea King!

savelatin
Sea Post King

* Hearing the song Combinations for the first time at the acoustic show. I would have cried if I wasn't a guy, I was so moved.

* Hearing the intro to Many Funerals to kick of the concert... twice. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite Eisley songs and its such a great set opener. That intro is killer, it gets me so excited.

* Talking to Boyd!

* Hearing that part in "A Sight To Behold" for the first time. You know the part.

* Going to see Eisley 3 times this year with my friends. The first couple of times I saw them I went alone, because I could never find anyone to go with. Now, years later I converted several of my friends over to the joys of Eisley and they love going to see them!