Laughing City
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Ah yes, yes! Another hair thread about the gals hair. Wink

I dyed my hair for the first time last year, and last month I had a horrible time with it. Right now it's all different shades of red but not blended in, and it began to grow out awfully fast. This was done professionally by the way.

My point.

I noticed in some of Sherri's pics that her pretty red hair is still very much all there, and rich looking, too. What is it that you use to dye your hair? And how often do you do it? I get mine done at what is recommended, but nothing is lasting.

Any help would be much appreciated because I'm desperate for some hair ..help. Laughing
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

I'm curious too. Do the girls get their hair done professionally? I've heard that Stacy loves cutting hair -- does she still do that for them?

I'm interested because I cut my own hair, but I'm getting really sick of it, and I'm almost to the point where I'll go to get it professionally cut, or colored.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

My hair lady tells me not to do anything out of the box because my hair will be ruined, blah blah blah, but quite honestly, they have messed up my hair the past two times (once, and then I went back for free to fix it, and BAM.. again) I'm not sure what the problem is because they are a really really awesome place.
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

Kylee Janai wrote:
My hair lady tells me not to do anything out of the box because my hair will be ruined, blah blah blah, but quite honestly, they have messed up my hair the past two times (once, and then I went back for free to fix it, and BAM.. again) I'm not sure what the problem is because they are a really really awesome place.
I know, they always say that! I wouldn't really know I guess either way, because I've only colored my hair once, and it was professionally. But I do know a lot of people that color their hair out of the box, and it looks great to me. But maybe it's a long-term damage thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Maybe! All the people I have known have had great luck, but my sister never did. So maybe I never would? I really don't know. But I'm getting really fed up with it. I have blonde, and this really weird penny like color growing out of my head (the roots) right now, and I feel like a clown.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
But maybe it's a long-term damage thing.

exactly.
the first few times with the box, your hair will look great, but every time you do it, your hair will get more and more damaged, and the color will look really weird eventually.

Semi-permanent dyes are a safe bet, especially with red tones. They fade, but you can always slap some more on.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

cynlovescandy wrote:
nevernever wrote:

exactly.
the first few times with the box, your hair will look great, but every time you do it, your hair will get more and more damaged, and the color will look really weird eventually.

Semi-permanent dyes are a safe bet, especially with red tones. They fade, but you can always slap some more on.
how long before they start to fade, usually?
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:

I had semi-permanent and permanent put into my hair and it got really, really messed up. So, I went back and she supposedly put in all permanent to fix it up for free 'cause some gal messed up, and it still came out, and it's still weird, haha.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
cynlovescandy wrote:
nevernever wrote:

exactly.

how long before they start to fade, usually?

it washes out.
4th Month of the Year
Lost at Forum

Last year was the first time I dyed my hair too. But I bleached and then dyed the bottom of my hair blue so I don't think I could really help you out.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I don't understand hair dye.

I accidently dyed my hair red like a year and a half ago and it took forever to lighten up. I eventually had to go to a professional to get it a little lighter. But now that I like a light shade of red, it starts fading after just a few washes.
I alternate between boxes and salons.

The only advice I have been given with red hair is to wash your hair in the coldest water possible.

Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Kylee Janai wrote:

Yeah, I had a hairstylist tell me I "damaged" my hair from dyeing it too many times, but this is the same lady that totally fried it.

I love the Duprees hair Smile It's always so shiny.

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I've been dying my hair religiously for 7 years and whenever I get my haircut (which is like... once a year) the lady (who is always a different one) always tells me, "Wow, your hair holds a lot of moisture, that means it's really healthy."

Not once have I had a professional dye job.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
Envenomed627
Sea Post King

Its because the dupree women are incapable of flaws.. The truth is, Sherri never "dyed" her hair conventionally.. all she had to do was want it and it happened
alastica
Sea Post King

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:

Yeah, I had a hairstylist tell me I "damaged" my hair from dyeing it too many times, but this is the same lady that totally fried it.

I love the Duprees hair Smile It's always so shiny.

I've heard that thats a genetic thing and has to do with your heritage, but I don't know if that's true or not. I know my mom, sister, brother, and I all have pretty shiny hair.

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!

goto page
 | next >>