Laughing City
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

So, my friends were begging me to play them a song on the guitar,
(because they'd never heard me, people just don't go around begging me to play).

So I played "Come Clean"

and they loved it.

They are now huge Eisley fans and are coming to see them with me in May.
score.

how did you bring your friends to the dark side?
(not that eisley's dark...)
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Nice work!

I'm not really sure I've managed to make any converts ...

However, my older brother got into them after I got him to go to a show in Austin with me. I guess that counts. ha ha.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Let's see, I've got 3 people into them. My mom, good friend, and girlfriend (before we were dating). I made a CD for my mom with some of their songs and she loved it, she would call me at random times and say "guess who I'm listening to right now" and I'd say "I don't know" and she'd say "The Eisley's!" (she thought it was their last name). When I was on my Eisley freak out stage (the first 6 weeks after I found them) I told my friends about them by posting a link to their myspace on my friends' myspace pages and I got one friend really into them and he went to the Mute Math concert with me, along with my mom. Then with my girlfriend I was chatting on aim and she asked what I was listening to and I said really good music, and she asked me to send her a song, so I sent Brightly Wound, then the next day she said she loves them and *coughdownloadedcough* like 20 more songs (I don't condone it, but I can't control other people). My friend bought all their albums, and I bought Combinations for my mom, and both went to their concerts. My girlfriend is a compulsive downloader, so don't blame her, it's a disease. Laughing

Wow, I probably wrote more than I needed to.
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

oh man, when I first heard Eisley I told all my friends about them, and a few now really like them, and a lot of my friends are familiar with some of them since I can't stop trying to get them to listen to songs. heh.
the other day me and my friend were staying after school for the French honor society and I told her had to listen to this reallllly good song. (Like the Actors) and she asked, "Eisley again?"
haha.
breathless
Sea Post King

Well, my whole family immediately got into them (especially my 9 y/o brother and 6 y/o sister), though my mom is still dubious.
Then I showed them to a good friend, Aubrey (PurpleCloud on here) and she fell in love. She's as obsessed as I am now. From there our whole (quite small) church became fans! It's pretty awesome.

Also 4 other close friends love them, and a bunch of people here in Dubai after we moved. There's one school here that's really into Eisley now cause I told one of my friends about them and she goes there.

Smile

kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I got my boyfriend into them..ish AND my ex boyfriend, who I believe showed his new girlfriend. So 3 people?
Catey
Lost at Forum

My friend's dont like them but then they are all into metal so that may be why.

Plus they mock because theres girls but really that should be a selling point for 19 year old boys!
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I've tried ever since RN came out to get people into Eisley. One person called it 'folk music,' ( go figure). Another just the other day, who I'd given a Combinations CD to, said she would 'burn' it, but I said "No no, it's yours to keep." Then I explained to her about the evils of 'burning.' Well anyway she brought it back the next day, saying it was too 'sedate! I mean time after time I've tried my darndest, but no takers. I figure they're just not ready. But the day will come brothers and sisters, the day will come!!