Laughing City
pullmyhair
Sea Post King

Okay, so. Jamie and I were discussing last.fm and the band's high amount of scrobbles compared to a few years back, and we noticed a rather unfortunate skew in the charts; Telescope Eyes is the most frequently played track last week AND overall. So we figure by posting a thread and urging you all to boost up Combinations tracks and halt all Telescope Eyes listening, the "weekly chart" can be tailored to the more lovely songs are and drop TE to third (atleast). So listen away! Focus on Combinations! MT! IWP! (By playing Marvelous Things and I Wasn't Prepared a bunch, Telescope Eyes will be forced into third at the least, and by listening to Combinations a lot those songs will get up there).

I am usually not this exclamatory! It's 4:30am here! Ahh!

http://www.last.fm/music/Eisley

To join:
www.last.fm

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Late night heady missions! Woo!

I'm gonna load up my iPod with Eisley tracks now to listen to while I sleep. Very Happy

Also, anyone not on last.fm should join, it's really neat and not too hard to get started on.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thismirage
Sea Post King

Combinations is the only way I've been rolling for the last couple of months so you know I'm in.
Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
Jared x
Lost at Forum

One thing that I've noticed with Last.fm:

If you use iTunes, make sure you don't listen to the same song multiple times in a row. It will not count all of the plays. Maybe they've fixed this by now, I'm not sure. I had e-mailed them about this a while ago, and they acknowledged that it was a problem.

Lesson: Play two songs back-to-back instead of one song over and over.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Thanks for pointing that out! I have been playing IWP, followed by Marvelous Things, followed by Combinations (the album). That grouping should insure success.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pollyanna87
Sea Post King

I'm in on this... I noticed Telescope Eyes being #1 last week and I also wondered why this was so. Combinations & Marvelous Things are playin Very Happy
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Just a suggestion: maybe we should pick certain songs off of Combinations to repeat rather than the entire CD? Just at first anyway, to bring some of them up. Right now I have "I Wasn't Prepared," "Marvelous Things," "Taking Control," "Come Clean," and "A Sight To Behold" on rotation. Each song will play approximately four times per hour. It will probably remain this way until late tonight.
tchock03
Sea Post King

i have so many plays for combinations on last.fm
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

I'm not trying to criticize the mission or anything, this is just an honest question: (It's sad that I'd feel the need to preface something like that here, but so it goes)

Why does it matter what song is top on the last.fm charts? The site is mostly just so that people can track their own, personal listening habits and it just so happens that Telescope Eyes has been Eisley's most-promoted song so far and has therefore reached the most amount of listeners. This isn't to say that I think it belongs there (heck, it doesn't even belong in the top 20 if you ask me) but I don't see what bumping it down a place or two will accomplish. Besides, it'll just go right back to TE next week Laughing

That said, Eisley has gotten so many plays off me on last.fm that it's slightly obscene.

Protocol Droid

Well, this isn't the most serious mission ever. ha ha. I just think people should listen beyond Telescope Eyes, and it might help if the first song they see on last.fm when they check out Eisley is something else ... maybe? It's just a silly excuse to listen to Eisley and promote them in a tiny way. And maybe have a little fun while hoping to make some kind of difference ...

Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
I just think people should listen beyond Telescope Eyes, and it might help if the first song they see on last.fm when they check out Eisley is something else ... maybe?

That's true. I'm actually really surprised that the first song in their player is that live track of Golly Sandra and not Telescope Eyes, or even Marvelous Things or Memories.

Golly, Poster

Faking the chart that way is not fair Razz And just a little pointless.
Isn't it better just to listen to whatever you feel like? Most of the people here won't play Telescope Eyes anyway, so...
But I might support this mission, just because I feel like listening I Wasn't Prepared and Marvelous Things a lot, and also because I still haven't gotten enough of listening Combinations. Or Eisley. Doubt it that I'll ever get enough Smile
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

It's not faking if we're actually listening to Combinations. The only thing I wonder is if maybe Telescope Eyes isn't a bad introduction. TE was the second Eisley song I got into before getting into all of their music. I'm over the song now like many of you but it had it's time. But it's like Jamie said, it's not a serious mission. Think of it as a Combination last.fm listening party.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Yeah, this is just fun. FUN. ha ha. And I think Telescope Eyes isn't the worst intro ever, to be honest. And it's not even a bad song, it's just that Eisley has done so much better.

But yeah, I don't consider last.fm to be entirely honest anyway, because some people change their habits because they are being tracked. It would have to be an unwitting tracker to be truly honest and accurate.

ANYWAY, ideally it's fun to listen to Eisley a couple of extra times just to see what happens.

Laughing

Odan
Laughing Citizen

I don't think the mission will work unless no one listens to Telescope Eyes at all.
And listening to a song multiple times won't help either.

Quote:
Number of listeners for the last week

...and not number of plays...

goto page
 | next >>