Laughing City
Penelope
Sea Post King

I am flying into Dallas just in time to see the show, need "anyone-who-has-ever-been-to-a-concert" type of info. I know a little of the area and it's parking, nothing on wait time or how the schedule works. Can I show up late just for Eisley of will I be stuck at the back of the early birds. Sorry if something similar was posted. I looked for it.
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Penelope wrote:
Can I show up late just for Eisley of will I be stuck at the back of the early birds.

At the Eisley show in Houston most of the crowd went away after the last supporting act was finished because it takes a while for the next band to setup. If you arrived at the end of the last supporting act you would have had a great chance to grab a close standing spot. It was the people who made an effort to stand there the entire time while Eisley set up that get close to stage spots. Smile

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Eisley is pretty big in Dallas, so you might want to show up early to get a good spot. Or at least by the last of the opening acts. Oh wait, Unregistered said that. ha ha.

And Washington? That's awesome! We should have a big boardie hangout/meetup. I've flown to California and NYC for Eisley shows before. It's fun! But anyway, we should all definitely meet up at the venue or something. I'll start a thread for it closer to time. Smile

Oh yeah, parking: There is decent parking just a block or two away from the HOB, so you should be ok with that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lazerbith
Sea Post King

dont rely on the whole 'the band has to set up and people will dissapear for awhile' thing.. that isnt always true. when they opened for nfg in nashville those punk rawkers wouldnt budge for ANYONE, even if they weren't there to see eisley. i had to get down n drrrty with a few of the burly boys by being like 'yo, i drive a jillion miles to get here for eisley alone, scoot over or you're gonna get it"..

you could always use what i like to call 'clearing the red sea' tactic. you just casually act like you're looking for a friend and slither through everyone straight to the front and then cross your arms to show that you're not movin. hopefully you're not tall otherwise someones gonna hate you but they'll get over it eventually. give them gum or something.

you can manage to get to the front no matter what time you get there. its just whether you want to annoy people or not Smile
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

lazerbith wrote:
you could always use what i like to call 'clearing the red sea' tactic. you just casually act like you're looking for a friend and slither through everyone straight to the front and then cross your arms to show that you're not movin.

DONT DO THAT! i hate when people do that. those people are the scum of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!! It's terribly inpolite to get in front of the people who have been standing there for hours waiting to see the band.

i remember once i went to good records for the YYY's instore. we got there two hours early cause we knew it'd be crazyy busy, and it was. we were front and center, like...i could just barely stick out my arm and i'd be touching the air space where karen o would soon be standing. then like fifteen minutes before the show starts these punk kids come in from the side, walk on the stage, and then squeezed themselves right between us and the stage. i was so close to giving those kids round house kicks in the face but then karen o and her lovely posse showed up and i was in awe, and forgot about the whole thing. but still...

[/rant]

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

jack_stripes wrote:
lazerbith wrote:
you could always use what i like to call 'clearing the red sea' tactic. you just casually act like you're looking for a friend and slither through everyone straight to the front and then cross your arms to show that you're not movin.

DONT DO THAT! i hate when people do that. those people are the scum of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1, you should be banned from shows for even planting the idea. Also, if you're going to cross your arms, I'm just going to casually send you backwards with a "polite" shove.
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

jack_stripes wrote:
lazerbith wrote:

DONT DO THAT! i hate when people do that. those people are the scum of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!! It's terribly inpolite to get in front of the people who have been standing there for hours waiting to see the band.

i remember once i went to good records for the YYY's instore. we got there two hours early cause we knew it'd be crazyy busy, and it was. we were front and center, like...i could just barely stick out my arm and i'd be touching the air space where karen o would soon be standing. then like fifteen minutes before the show starts these punk kids come in from the side, walk on the stage, and then squeezed themselves right between us and the stage. i was so close to giving those kids round house kicks in the face but then karen o and her lovely posse showed up and i was in awe, and forgot about the whole thing. but still...

[/rant]

i hate that too. i experience that at almost every show. and don't even get me started on the acl festival. Rolling Eyes
katie the spy
Sea Post King

everyone selfishly wants to see the band...which is expected, but manners matter. don't try to wedge yourself between people who have been there ages, just show up and wait patiently. of course there'll always be rude people so don't expect common courtesy, but please act on it.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'm not bashing Lazerbith (nor am I saying anyone is) ... but I would hate the soul of the person who did that to me. Actually, I hate the souls of a lot of people at this point because of that very same thing. ha ha. I navigate the crowd some when I have to shoot from it, but I beg people if I can stand in a spot for 1-3 songs and then move on ... AND I DO. I seriously am baffled by this obsession with abandoning all humanity and decency for getting a foot closer to the stage. It makes me lose faith in the world. Laughing

But seriously. Confused

But yeah, ilke Lazerbith said, don't count on being able to work your way up front. It would be best to get there as early as possible if you want to be sure of having a good spot.

But, to be even more honest: The sound sucks at front (and a lot of the people suck, too). Stand in the middle and actually HEAR the band well. You'll see them just fine, and you won't suffocate in a torrent of idiots.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lazerbith
Sea Post King

no one appreciates comedy here. ugh! Wink
no darlings. do not ram into people and stand there with your arms crossed. it was a joke. i was simply saying.. get there early to get yer spot or you're kinda stuck.

i must add, when i was filming in chicago on the acoustic tour i politely asked the guy near me if he would switch me spots so i(my camera) could get a better shot and he politely did. and then whenever boyd had to dart in front he always apologized. i loved that.
Last edited by lazerbith on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
But, to be even more honest: The sound sucks at front (and a lot of the people suck, too). Stand in the middle and actually HEAR the band well. You'll see them just fine, and you won't suffocate in a torrent of idiots.

I don't know about the sound, but I don't think she needs to worry about idiots in this case since it's an Eisley concert. I'm assuming by idiots you mean people who like to rough up the crowd.
Caley
Lost at Forum

Yes, like all of the other Texans have already said, you should get there early, especially since it's a Dallas show. But if you're alright being behind the sound booth or railing, you're still going to have a great view, so you can show up a little later. I mean, anywhere you stand in the HOB you're gonna get good sound and have a pretty good view of the stage (if a giant isn't in front of you, that is).

Also, when the show ends be ready to get ushered out quickly 'cause the HOB security and staff do not mess around.

Kayci
Golly, Poster

BNROCKS wrote:

I don't know about the sound, but I don't think she needs to worry about idiots in this case since it's an Eisley concert. I'm assuming by idiots you mean people who like to rough up the crowd.

I've been to my share of Eisley concerts and at least at the ones I've been to there's always a good number of those scrawny hipster kids who only know two songs tops but still want to push in front of me to get closer to the stage. I think this is the kind of people to whom he was referring.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I wish venues were set up to where people under 5'0 were at the front, followed by 5'1, then 5'2, and so on.... It seems everyone would be a lot happier.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

jamiga wrote:
I wish venues were set up to where people under 5'0 were at the front, followed by 5'1, then 5'2, and so on.... It seems everyone would be a lot happier.
That would be a cool thing! But for now since it is an Eisley show, it seems like the audience will be exuberant but not toxic!