Laughing City

Out of the Three Bands Touring with Eisley, Which is Your Favorite?
The Envy Corps
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Vedera
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
The Myriad
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

norad
Vintage Newbie

Mystic210 wrote:
patrock wrote:
Mystic210 wrote:
I probably shouldn't answer being I haven't seen their sets, but recorded: I LOVE the Envy Corps, then it seems like I will like the Myriad, then Verdera. I'm really excited for the Envy Corps show which means that my opinion of the other two can only go up! Smile

What show are you going to?

Pittsburgh....so this week! SO excited. I was just about to make a new thread about it, you know one of those annoying "who's going?!?!?!!" threads. Smile

Well...I hate to bum you out...but after checking their myspace tonight's show (the 21st) is the last Eisley show listed for them.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Saellys wrote:
The Envy Corps. I have no desire to check the other two out.

You might actually like Vedera. Being a female vocalist, I would think you might like to hear other female vocalists. i know I do...it challenges me.

Kim, what do mean by "challenges me"

as a vocalist. i like to be inspired to push myself further.

well a swift kick in the u know where usually works for me!!!

where do u sing? and do have any recordings of your voice i would love to hear u sing!! I bet u sing in the church choir??? Are u a soprano?? Alto? mezzo soprano!

haha! I'm the worship leader (10 yrs.), at the church we have attended for 13 years, The Vineyard Church of Tyler.
I would classify myself as a 1st Alto. My range is not real high, (like Sherri's, or real low...maybe a bit lower than what Christie can go).

I knew it!!!! What do u guys sing, Hymnals and such or contemporary ?

We do Hymns every once in a while, but mostly I search high and low for songs from any modern worship artist. I would try to list them, but it would take too long.

Hmmmm. Do u guys have any electric guitar in your band? and do u play any songs from U2 and others from that genre?

We have a full band with electric guitar, but as of yet, we haven't done the U2 thing. I know of churches that have done that successfully though.

Kim, your church website appears to be down. Do you sing on any of the CDs at the club vineyard site? If so, would like to hear.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
Mystic210 wrote:
patrock wrote:
Mystic210 wrote:
I probably shouldn't answer being I haven't seen their sets, but recorded: I LOVE the Envy Corps, then it seems like I will like the Myriad, then Verdera. I'm really excited for the Envy Corps show which means that my opinion of the other two can only go up! Smile

What show are you going to?

Pittsburgh....so this week! SO excited. I was just about to make a new thread about it, you know one of those annoying "who's going?!?!?!!" threads. Smile

Well...I hate to bum you out...but after checking their myspace tonight's show (the 21st) is the last Eisley show listed for them.

What?!? Oh, man! I knew they were leaving early, but I thought they were going to be on the tour until the beginning of May. Sad I guess another opportunity came up. That really stinks, because as of now, they were the only opening band that really caught me by their recordings alone and I was jamming to their music nonstop the past few days to get myself ready. I am bummed.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Saellys wrote:
The Envy Corps. I have no desire to check the other two out.

You might actually like Vedera. Being a female vocalist, I would think you might like to hear other female vocalists. i know I do...it challenges me.

Kim, what do mean by "challenges me"

as a vocalist. i like to be inspired to push myself further.

well a swift kick in the u know where usually works for me!!!

where do u sing? and do have any recordings of your voice i would love to hear u sing!! I bet u sing in the church choir??? Are u a soprano?? Alto? mezzo soprano!

haha! I'm the worship leader (10 yrs.), at the church we have attended for 13 years, The Vineyard Church of Tyler.
I would classify myself as a 1st Alto. My range is not real high, (like Sherri's, or real low...maybe a bit lower than what Christie can go).

I knew it!!!! What do u guys sing, Hymnals and such or contemporary ?

We do Hymns every once in a while, but mostly I search high and low for songs from any modern worship artist. I would try to list them, but it would take too long.

Hmmmm. Do u guys have any electric guitar in your band? and do u play any songs from U2 and others from that genre?

We have a full band with electric guitar, but as of yet, we haven't done the U2 thing. I know of churches that have done that successfully though.

Kim, your church website appears to be down. Do you sing on any of the CDs at the club vineyard site? If so, would like to hear.

No, I do not, but people have begged our team to record for years. We just have never had the funds to do so.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

How could that be remedied. Donations?
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

mikep0922 wrote:
How could that be remedied. Donations?

Well, we should just make it a serious project.

Sorry this thread got highjacked.
I will say to get back on topic that all the opening bands are worth seeing.
I think The Envy Corps is coming to an end, but it still is worth checking out the openers.
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

No worries, Kim, your input is always appreciated. =)
alinicole
Sea Post King

I enjoyed Vedera the most.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

ElDan wrote:

Vedera was pretty good. I liked them better live than on CD, on the three-song single they were giving away, the songs sound a little too polished, live they seemed more like a late-90's alt-rock band (a la The Sundays or That Dog. or something like that).

holy macaroni, if only!! not that those two comparisons have anything in common but ++ marks if vedera sound like either of them. i should check out some myspaceses to know a little about what's in store.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
Kim, I think you should on tour with Eisley next time and sing a song with them. Very Happy That'd be amazing.

Trust me...I know my place...I'm ain't no Billy Rae Sirus looking for a stage!
My daughter's talent blows me out of the water...I'd much rather watch them. Smile

Haha, if you say so! You still do have a lovely voice, and you can see where the gals get their talent.

After seeing the show,
I sayyyy.. Vedera. Her voice was soo pretty, and their guitarist looked like Heath Ledger! Crazy.
I did like the drummer for TEC and it was hard not to watch him; he was nuts! Same with the guitarist.. um.. I don't know names, but I liked watching him play.
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

ElDan wrote:
Vedera was pretty good. I liked them better live than on CD, on the three-song single they were giving away, the songs sound a little too polished, live they seemed more like a late-90's alt-rock band (a la The Sundays or That Dog. or something like that).

Wait what? Three song sampler? The one I got only has two songs on it...

Kylee Janai wrote:
After seeing the show,
I sayyyy.. Vedera. Her voice was soo pretty, and their guitarist looked like Heath Ledger! Crazy.

That's it! I knew he looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place the resemblance.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

KH Vandread wrote:
ElDan wrote:

Wait what? Three song sampler? The one I got only has two songs on it...

Kylee Janai wrote:
After seeing the show,

That's it! I knew he looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place the resemblance.

Haha, I thought it was like Heath circa 10 Things I Hate About You. It was sad, yet totally cool 'cause it was like HL jammin' out.
kellitree
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
Kim, I think you should on tour with Eisley next time and sing a song with them. Very Happy That'd be amazing.

Trust me...I know my place...I'm ain't no Billy Rae Sirus looking for a stage!
My daughter's talent blows me out of the water...I'd much rather watch them. Smile

HAHAHA billy rae sirus! freakin hannah montana cracks me UP! he was nothing until she came into the picture. besides the whole "achey breaky heart" or whatnot. i completely appreciate that line Kim!

My missions director from my church knows you somehow BTW. Stacy Nymark.. haha so random i know..

kellitree
Sea Post King

Kristen of Vedera has one of the most amazing voices aside from Eisley i have ever heard. She has alot of passion, and a very full beautiful voice. their new EP "stages" is super outrageously radical. go, go nowww and check it outt!
negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

The Envy Corps were by far my favorite. I wouldn't buy The Myriad's or Vedera's albums, but they were great fun to watch. Music is always more dramatic live, so I loved everyone.