Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>

Will the Cubs win the World Series in 2008?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
No
84%
 84%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 53

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

So I'm really liking a healthy Red Sox team right now (that is, Lowell, Cora, and Crispy getting better.)

Any team where Coco Crisp, Alex Cora, Sean Casey, and Julio Lugo should be your backups is a great team, IMO.

Now if only Lester could get himself together.

I'm going to the game tonight vs the Angels, btw.
hereiamagainonmyown
Sea Post King

BNROCKS wrote:
So I'm really liking a healthy Red Sox team right now (that is, Lowell, Cora, and Crispy getting better.)

Any team where Coco Crisp, Alex Cora, Sean Casey, and Julio Lugo should be your backups is a great team, IMO.

unbelievable.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:

Aww, man. Josh Beckett was just scratched from that game for a stiff neck. Well, lucky break for David Pauley, I guess. Good luck to him in his cup of coffee back in the bigs. I was glad to see Youkillis not get a hit on Patriot Day. Knocked a lot of people out in the beat the streak contest. And it didn't matter anyway, with Boston cruising to a win.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

Yeah I was all psyched to see Beckett tonight, but oh well. Jacoby hitting two HRs was awesome, and Pedroia hitting about 3 doubles was cool too.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Cubs go for their 10,000 win of all time (will make them the second major league franchise to reach that mark) tonight against the Colorado Rockies. They're also looking to extend their division lead (currently 1 1/2 ahead of Cardinals and 2 ahead of Brewers).

Greg Maddux goes for Career victory #350 tonight, as the Padres take on the Giants. He had a rough outing last time, hopefully better results for Greg tonight.

Congrats to Braves fans / Smoltz fans on his milestone = 3000 career strikeouts. Very nice! Too bad his team let him down and the 1 run he gave up ended up giving him the loss.
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Gosh the Cubs are on fire! If I was a Cubs fan I'd shoot myself if they didn't at least make it to the World Series this year. They definitely have the talent. It might take another Bartman incident to keep them out.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

100 years is long enough. Laughing And real Cubs fans don't blame Bartman for 2003. Heck, even Alou has said it wasn't Bartman's fault since then.

Now I'm mad! Greg Maddux, pitching for the Padres tonight, was going for career win #350. He threw 7 innings of shut out ball. Now in the 9th inning, Trevor Hoffman blows the save, gives up a run, and the score is tied 1-1. So Mad Dog needs to wait another 5 days to try again (he is no longer eligible for the win). Oh, well. At least The Cubs won tonight (their 10,000th victory all time). Combined with the Cardinals loss, Cubs are in first place by 2 games.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Now I'm mad! Greg Maddux, pitching for the Padres tonight, was going for career win #350. He threw 7 innings of shut out ball. Now in the 9th inning, Trevor Hoffman blows the save, gives up a run, and the score is tied 1-1. So Mad Dog needs to wait another 5 days to try again (he is no longer eligible for the win). Oh, well. At least The Cubs won tonight (their 10,000th victory all time). Combined with the Cardinals loss, Cubs are in first place by 2 games.

Don't mess with Molina.

Bengie, that is.

Go Giants!
gundamit
Golly, Poster

Maddux has pwned the Giants historically and last night was no different. Tip of the cap to Hoffman for allowing the Giants an opening. Very Happy
Vintage Newbie

10000 wins last night!

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
10000 wins last night!

Smile Got that out of the way. On to bigger and better things.
gundamit
Golly, Poster

mr pine wrote:
10000 wins last night!
So thats about 77 wins per season on average? Laughing So another 130 years to get to 20,000? They should have another World Series title by then right? Wink
Vintage Newbie

gundamit wrote:
mr pine wrote:
10000 wins last night!
So thats about 77 wins per season on average? Laughing So another 130 years to get to 20,000? They should have another World Series title by then right? Wink

What, you doubt that this is the year?!?!? Shocked Laughing
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Oh, well. At least The Cubs won tonight (their 10,000th victory all time). Combined with the Cardinals loss, Cubs are in first place by 2 games.

I'd rather have 10 Wold Series titles, but maybe that's just me. Very Happy

Oh and did someone say Cubs v. Rays World Series? Somebody break up the Rays! Razz
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Admiral79 wrote:
Oh, well. At least The Cubs won tonight (their 10,000th victory all time). Combined with the Cardinals loss, Cubs are in first place by 2 games.

I'd rather have 10 Wold Series titles, but maybe that's just me. Very Happy

Oh and did someone say Cubs v. Rays World Series? Somebody break up the Rays! Razz

I just mentioned the 10,000th win as an aside. It really doesn't mean a thing to me. Just another stat. Would obviously prefer World Series titles.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>