Laughing City

Out of the Three Bands Touring with Eisley, Which is Your Favorite?
The Envy Corps
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Vedera
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
The Myriad
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

fueledbyjessica
Sea Post King

i dont know much of the other two bands besides little snippets of songs that ive heard. i heard of The Myriad a while back when Sam from Luminate was sporting one of their shirts, so i checked them out, but other than that...umm...Eisley? haha
"Baby, breakdown, go ahead and give it to me, breakdown honey, take me through the night, breakdown, now im standin' here, you cant see, breakdown, its all right, its all right..." - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 | Posts: 257 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

fueledbyjessica wrote:
i dont know much of the other two bands besides little snippets of songs that ive heard. i heard of The Myriad a while back when Sam from Luminate was sporting one of their shirts, so i checked them out, but other than that...umm...Eisley? haha

I'll let you check out Vedera on Sunday. I've really started to like them.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fueledbyjessica
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
fueledbyjessica wrote:

I'll let you check out Vedera on Sunday. I've really started to like them.

sweet, thanks! i remember you mentioning them when we did those pictures last time, but i hadn't really gotten around to getting anything.

"Baby, breakdown, go ahead and give it to me, breakdown honey, take me through the night, breakdown, now im standin' here, you cant see, breakdown, its all right, its all right..." - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 | Posts: 257 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

Vedera is amazing.

The Myriad is amazing. Anytime an asian guy uses a violin bow on a guitar it makes my heart swoon.

Been listening to both their older albums nonstop.
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

mermaidentwinedshrubbery wrote:
The Myriad is amazing. Anytime an asian guy uses a violin bow on a guitar it makes my heart swoon.

lmao That made me pretty happy to see too.
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

I second that! haha That was pretty schweet, indeed, indeed. Smile
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

I don't get to make it to any of these shows (medical/financial barriers), but I'd imagine The Envy Corps would be THE act to see. I'm surprised to see so many people think differently.
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

Well actually, it seems to me that most people favor them....
kellitree
Sea Post King

KH Vandread wrote:

yeah it was pretty sweet when he freaking beat that huge drum too. both arms thrown in the air. that was sick

KH Vandread
Sea Post King

kellitree wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:

yeah it was pretty sweet when he freaking beat that huge drum too. both arms thrown in the air. that was sick

YES! That was probably my favorite part of their whole set that night.
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that part...that was sweet. Smile
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

Does anyone know his name? I forgot it...
ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

I went to the Philly show last night, so unfortunately I didn't get to see The Envy Corps. But from the two bands I saw, I thought Vedera were really good. I was unimpressed with The Myriad for many reasons that made my experience not a pleasant one.

The took forever setting up and working with the sound guy to turn everything up louder. The were burning incense right in front of me, which made my throat irritated and my eyes burn. I was standing right next to the speakers and the bass and drums were just way too loud. At least too loud for the tiny venue we were in. I felt like most of their songs were pretty bland and stayed on one level, to the point where sometimes they would end a song and I was surprised that it was over.

But that all being said, I kind of think I will have a different opinion of them if I hear their album. We'll see.

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

ladiosadice wrote:
I went to the Philly show last night, so unfortunately I didn't get to see The Envy Corps. But from the two bands I saw, I thought Vedera were really good. I was unimpressed with The Myriad for many reasons that made my experience not a pleasant one.

The took forever setting up and working with the sound guy to turn everything up louder. The were burning incense right in front of me, which made my throat irritated and my eyes burn. I was standing right next to the speakers and the bass and drums were just way too loud. At least too loud for the tiny venue we were in. I felt like most of their songs were pretty bland and stayed on one level, to the point where sometimes they would end a song and I was surprised that it was over.

But that all being said, I kind of think I will have a different opinion of them if I hear their album. We'll see.

Were you standing up near the front? That seems to be a problem for most people who are that close.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Vedera and The Myriad were both awesome at the show 5/3. Eisley sure picked a couple great bands to tour with. Loved the show, start to finish! Very Happy I wanted to buy The Myriad's CD (they had them for sale now), but I bought an Eisley t-shirt instead. Have a budget to stick to. Will probably pick it up later. The incense burning didn't really bother me. I guess going to Catholic church, I'm used to incense (which is burned in Catholic churches on holy days).