Laughing City
dannychair
Golly, Poster

I find it to be pretty awful that they have to shower in sinks while on tour but I think we, the fans, could help remedy this. I live in Los Angeles and I'd be more than willing to allow them to use my shower(s) when they come through. If you live in a city that hasn't been reached yet and you'd be willing to provide a place to shower, then post away. I don't know if they'd actually take us up on this, but it's worth a try!

RockerChick
Sea Post King

I'm pretty sure they think this is weird. I extended the offer in Chicago during the acoustic tour and Boyd was all *UMMMMMMWTFNO* Laughing I went home and thought about it and decided I probably wouldn't hop in random showers either, but I still thought a 120 pound girl with glasses and a poodle couldn't be THAT threatening. Wink

In short, they never came. But I still did that freak-out-clean that you do when you know someone's coming over. I'm like OH GOD...I HAVE TO MOVE THESE PAPERS SOMEWHERE AND GET RID OF THESE DISHES...TEH EISLEYS ARE COMEENG. So I got a semi-clean apartment out of it. Cool
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

RockerChick wrote:
I'm pretty sure they think this is weird. I extended the offer in Chicago during the acoustic tour and Boyd was all *UMMMMMMWTFNO* Laughing I went home and thought about it and decided I probably wouldn't hop in random showers either, but I still thought a 120 pound girl with glasses and a poodle couldn't be THAT threatening. Wink

In short, they never came. But I still did that freak-out-clean that you do when you know someone's coming over. I'm like OH GOD...I HAVE TO MOVE THESE PAPERS SOMEWHERE AND GET RID OF THESE DISHES...TEH EISLEYS ARE COMEENG. So I got a semi-clean apartment out of it. Cool

hahaha. i do that when my friends are coming over too! Laughing
i would offer my shower to eisley, but i live in dallas so i'm sure they would rather drive a couple of hours to shower at home.
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

[quote="RockerChick"]I'm pretty sure they think this is weird. quote]

I agree....if someone offered the use of their shower I'd probably decline.

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Didn't that other thread cover this subject to death already? I still think YMCA -- get yourself clean, have a good meal... Y M C A... Laughing

Oh, wait. That song is about gay men getting it on. Nevermind.
Envenomed627
Sea Post King

haha, It's probably just because they're girls. I'm a dude. If someone offered me the use of their shower I would accept.
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:

Sounds like a catchy tune...oh wait...it is

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

RockerChick wrote:
In short, they never came. But I still did that freak-out-clean that you do when you know someone's coming over. I'm like OH GOD...I HAVE TO MOVE THESE PAPERS SOMEWHERE AND GET RID OF THESE DISHES...TEH EISLEYS ARE COMEENG.

Good story. Laughing

Also, the original post scares me. That is all.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
fernster
Sea Post King

RockerChick wrote:

classic!!!!!

Jared x
Lost at Forum

Didn't that other thread cover this subject to death already? I still think YMCA -- get yourself clean, have a good meal... Y M C A... Laughing

Ohs no, teh gayz!!1 RUN! Rolling Eyes

While the premise of your idea sounds nice, it is a little odd for a stranger to go up to someone and offer up their shower. Haha. Nice try though.

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I was thinking about that last night. I was thinking it would be nice if a bunch of fans from each city pooled some money together and got them a motel room at each city, or every other city. If enough fans contribute, it should only be 5-10 bucks per person.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

uncreative wrote:
I was thinking about that last night. I was thinking it would be nice if a bunch of fans from each city pooled some money together and got them a motel room at each city, or every other city. If enough fans contribute, it should only be 5-10 bucks per person.

Also a good idea.

I think there could be some trust system worked out ... I don't know what that would be. But the contributing money thing could be helpful. ha.

I don't think I'd let my daughters use any kind of public shower, YMCA or not.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fernster
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
uncreative wrote:

Also a good idea.

I think there could be some trust system worked out ... I don't know what that would be. But the contributing money thing could be helpful. ha.

I don't think I'd let my daughters use any kind of public shower, YMCA or not.

Well i have travelled the hiways and byways of this country and you can get a shower for a few bucks at most of the larger truck stops. i have done that alot. Actually i am surprised there would even be an issue.
So think about it. How do those truckers get cleaned up when they are driving their big rigs from city to city????? Truck stop showers. And they are not funky. Alot of them are better then some peoples bathrooms I have seen!!ha! Lets get them a TRUCKE STOP SHOWER GIFT CERTIFICATES!!!! Very Happy

anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:

Sounds like a catchy tune...oh wait...it is

Laughing Laughing
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
xLottie
Sea Post King

[/quote]TRUCKE STOP SHOWER GIFT CERTIFICATES!!!! Very Happy[/quote]

That. is. hilarious!!!

all the Y M C A's around my house are NASTAY! I used to go to the salvation army and that was so gross-- i'm a such a wimp, but all I could think was athlete's foot.

goto page
 | next >>