Laughing City
trinnibee
Sea Post King

this is my first Eisley show ever, and I'm super excited to go tonight... discuss after it's over! I'll try to get some good videos. Smile
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

trinnibee wrote:
this is my first Eisley show ever, and I'm super excited to go tonight... discuss after it's over! I'll try to get some good videos. Smile

Woo! Have fun! I hope it's great. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
magiugacire
Sea Post King

I went to the San Diego Show last night. It was my first Eisley show too. I loved it.

If I had my license, I would totally drive to Pomona to see them again. But alas, I only have my permit.

trinnibee
Sea Post King

it was so amazingly wonderfully brilliant. loveloveloved it. I loved how they completely rocked out to every song, even "I Wasn't Prepared." we got to say Happy Birthday to Weston, and by request they sang Trolleywood at the encore.
the.
best.

bLackeNedcrowN
Sea Post King

Ok, honestly. I have to write a long story about this show. it was too amazing.

I've seen Eisley 10+ times and this was the most amazing. Minus the disgusting heat that would not go away.

Their voices were absolutely flawless. (they actually got better and i dont know how that was possible)
Garrons stage presence, (which in the beginning was kind of awkward to be completely honest) was amazing. He was dancing and clapping his hands and it was awesome!
The intros that Stacy did were flaaawless.
Christie's singing was flawless.

Definitely THEE best Eisley show I've ever been too.

And also, I cant believe Weston is 22, because I've loved Eisley since Weston was 16... how did time seriously go by like that?

Anyways, I wish tonights show could happen again.

trinnibee
Sea Post King

it really was amazing. I'm glad that it was my first Eisley experience.
uhhhkatie
Sea Post King

Like Flava flav says, Wooooow.

Sarcasm and terrible reality tv jokes aside, this show was amazing. Surprising to hear That Weston is 22. I saw them for the first time on their Coldplay tour and I doubt he was older than 18? I don't know.

I'm so stoked we all got to enjoy Eisley as the header of the tour. Thank you, Dupree family for making the shows intimate and fun. Your gratitude and modesty never fails to warm the whole room. Truly, thank you.
hello hero!
Sea Post King

Last night was my first Eisley show too. I'm so so disappointed I couldn't take good picture, my stupid little sister took the digital without telling anyone and I had to resort to using this little video camera which can also take pictures....but it didn't feel right, so I didn't shoot a lot. I took a video of "One Day I Slowly Floated Away" though....I didn't take it right when Stacy did that awesome intro though before she played it....and I didn't even take a vid of "I Could Be There For You" and that's my all time favorite song from Eisley! I was too into it, lol.

I'm so glad they played Trolleywood last. I love that effin song. The only song they didn't play that I love was "Plenty Of Paper". Hopefully next time.

I was not disappointed at all. They all sound SUPER good live, although it kinda throws me off the way Sherri sings, like she sings the words a beat behind than she does on the albums...if that makes sense...but they sounded amazing. I was surprised how much she was rocking out too, and Weston was banging on those drums! Lol. Chauntelle looked like she was having a great time, mouthing along when she was playing. Ah. I love them.

Did anyone meet them? Sherri said during the show that they kinda lingered in their bus all day, but after the show? I saw Weston and Garron come out, but I was kinda exhausted so I didn't stay to see if the girls came out.
Joined: 23 Feb 2007 | Posts: 39 | Location: San Gabriel Valley, CA
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

hello hero! wrote:
They all sound SUPER good live, although it kinda throws me off the way Sherri sings, like she sings the words a beat behind than she does on the albums...if that makes sense...but they sounded amazing.

Hey that's a good point, she does some interesting things with the words and the timing. Makes singing along a little tricky. Smile
murlough23
Sea Post King

This was my third Eisley show (first was the Hollywood House of Blues in '06 with Simon Dawes and way too friggin' many opening acts; second was opening for Mute Math last fall), and the band's 3 for 3 in my book. They deliver an A-grade performance every time. This time I felt that they were a bit more "ragged" than before, but not in a bad way - it just made the songs a little more intense and less polished than I remembered them being. I also noticed the business with Sherri and Stacy's voices being "behind the beat" on some songs... it was most distracting on "Marvelous Things" (my favorite Eisley song), but then, I think that's the way I've always heard them sing it live, so no biggie.

I'm always amused by Chauntelle's shyness in front of the mic. She's clearly rocking out and having fun, but I guess she's a little uncertain about her own voice? It's kind of funny to see her singing along and loving every single song, but backing just far enough away from the microphone to not be heard. I guess that's why her solo part in "I Could Be There for You" always gets cheers of encouragement. Don't be ashamed of your voice, girl... it's pretty darn good for a 34-year-old! (Yeah, I know she's not really 34. But she said she was. So there.)

Does anyone know what that instrument was that Garron was playing during "Combinations"? God, that was gorgeous. I was so surprised that they were able to recreate that one live. "One Day I Slowly Floated Away" was also a lovely surprise, since it's an older song that I'd never heard them play live before. Now if they'd just do "Brightly Wound", "Lost at Sea" and "If You're Wondering" at the next Eisley show I attend, I'll have heard them play every song from their first two albums. It'd also be awesome to hear "Marsh King's Daughter" live, but I probably shouldn't push my luck; it might not work without the horns.

I'm trying to put together a setlist from memory... let me know what I'm forgetting or remembering wrong.

Go Away
Many Funerals
(What the heck was that third song? I'd never heard it before.)
Marvelous Things
Come Clean
Taking Control
Like the Actors
Mr. Pine
Golly Sandra
Sun Feet
I Wasn't Prepared (feat. Kristen May of Vedera)
Combinations
Memories
Ten Cent Blues
One Day I Slowly Floated Away (was that intro part of another Eisley song or just something Stacy made up?)
I Could Be There for You

Encore:
A Sight to Behold
Trolley Wood

The Myriad's Setlist (they were also awesome, BTW):
Forget What You Came For
A Clean Shot
Get on the Plane
Braver than the Rest
The Holiest of Thieves
Godray
Throwing Punches
You Waste Time Like a Grandfather Clock
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

murlough23 wrote:

(What the heck was that third song? I'd never heard it before.)
Lady of the Wood.

murlough23 wrote:
One Day I Slowly Floated Away (was that intro part of another Eisley song or just something Stacy made up?)
it's something they wrote as an intro for the song.

murlough23 wrote:
Does anyone know what that instrument was that Garron was playing during "Combinations"?
the marxophone.

murlough23 wrote:
I Wasn't Prepared (feat. Kristen May of Vedera)
no, that was their little sister, Christie DuPree.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AceNguyen
Sea Post King

(first post here! long time lurker)

This was my first Eisley show too and it was incredible. They sounded great and put energy into every song. Sherri does tend to ad-lib and go offbeat, but she always manages to stay on track with the rest of the band. I think it makes for an interesting listening experience. Stacy sounded incredible and somehow actually looks even more beautifully porcelain-like in person.

Did anyone else notice Sherri tending to the small cut on her arm during every break and even in the middle of songs? C'mon Sherri, you're in a rock band! Minus 25 tough points, even though I forgive her because she was great.

By the way, the singer from Vedera was amazing, she is a straight out star. She honestly might have the strongest voice I've ever heard.
jabberjaw_04
Golly, Poster

This was my 4th Eisley show and by far the best. I think Lady of the Woods made it for me, I've been waiting to hear that song for so long. The Myriad was amazing as well! Vedera and The Northern were good too, but The Myriad stood out, a lot.

Here's the setlist

and some pics

There's more pictures at :
http://flickr.com/photos/jabberjaw_04/
Last edited by jabberjaw_04 on Mon May 19, 2008 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnip
Vintage Newbie

use the bottom URL on flickr and put the [img] tags on it Smile
Golly, Poster

johnip wrote:
use the bottom URL on flickr and put the [img] tags on it Smile

there fixed it. Very Happy
Sorry about that I hadn't posted pics in a loooong time.