Laughing City
Little Firefly
Sea Post King

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/th_playlist.html

"I Wasn't Prepared" is on her playlist for The Host.
Last edited by Little Firefly on Sat May 24, 2008 5:49 am; edited 2 times in total
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

wow. Eisley is number 4 in her list.. ha! I must see this twilight series again, it's been a while..

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

My little sister is HUGE Twilight fan, and she told me about that this morning.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
redrubberball
Sea Post King

Ahh! Shocked This is very cool. I'm a big fan of Stephanie Meyer's(I actually met her once at a book signing, she was nice and funny) and to find this out is sooo cool. If anyone here has not read "The Host" or the Twilight books I highly recommend them. I can't stop raving about them! I think I'm beginning to annoy people...
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I work at Barnes & Noble, and those books sell like crack. Hopefully her fans will take notice of that playlist on the website and maybe look further in Eisley.
Caley
Lost at Forum

I've been meaning to start reading the Twilight series... because Kristen Stewart is starring in the first one. But now that the author is an Eisley fan, I may just get around to that sooner.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

This breaks my heart. I've never ever been subjected to a less-redeeming piece of "literature" in my entire life. This is good news for Eisley, though, since Meyer's fans eat up anything she writes down. Maybe they'll win over a few fans because of this.
Golly, Poster

Jared x wrote:
I work at Barnes & Noble, and those books sell like crack. Hopefully her fans will take notice of that playlist on the website and maybe look further in Eisley.

I work at a bookstore too, and I know what you're talking about. I'm thinking I should read those eventually...
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

i don't get it. how do u have a playlist for a book? or maybe i'm just not getting something here...
soupey
Sea Post King

Don't. I'll sum it up right now. Girl thinks she's ugly and boring, vampire loves her but doesn't tell her. She loves vampire but doesn't tell him. They both love each other but think the other one is too good for them. Both can't believe the other though that. Cue romeoxjuliet story that drags on and on.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

soupey wrote:
Don't. I'll sum it up right now. Girl thinks she's ugly and boring, vampire loves her but doesn't tell her. She loves vampire but doesn't tell him. They both love each other but think the other one is too good for them. Both can't believe the other though that. Cue romeoxjuliet story that drags on and on.

Don't forget that he's "beautiful" and "dazzling" and can read everyone's mind but hers. And he's a good vampire who's sworn off feeding on humans, but her blood is particularly alluring making her hard to resist. Oh, the drama. Rolling Eyes

Lost at Forum

Mooncutter wrote:
soupey wrote:

Don't forget that he's "beautiful" and "dazzling" and can read everyone's mind but hers. And he's a good vampire who's sworn off feeding on humans, but her blood is particularly alluring making her hard to resist. Oh, the drama. Rolling Eyes

hahahahaha. I just finished reading the first one for the first time.
I didn't downright hate everything about it. I recognized everything that has made it so appealing to so many girls.

But that was a fairly accurate summary. Laughing

They are okay for light, non-serious reading. Far from high literature.
Just very silly teen romance/suspense novels. I still think they'll make fairly engaging movies though.

norad
Vintage Newbie

It sounds a bit like Buffy and Angel.
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:

I was thinking the same thing but I suppose Buffy and Angel's romance fits into the mold of Romeo and Juliet as well. The legend of Tristan and Isolde goes back to the middle ages so really even Shakespeare was using an old gimmick.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:
patrock wrote:

I was thinking the same thing but I suppose Buffy and Angel's romance fits into the mold of Romeo and Juliet as well. The legend of Tristan and Isolde goes back to the middle ages so really even Shakespeare was using an old gimmick.

I always thought that R&J was more of a knock off of Pyramus and Thisbe.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere