Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

http://popwreck.blogspot.com/2008/04/interview-with-sherri-dupree-of-e isley.html

i didn't see that it'd been posted anywhere else yet.

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Thanks for posting that.
I don't think it has been posted yet.
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

that was a great interview and that would be awesome to see some sherri art in a book. Smile
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

I love the interview... thanks for sharing this, really Wink

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
ks1990
Lost at Forum

thanks for posting, I hadn't read it before
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

ks1990 wrote:
thanks for posting, I hadn't read it before
Nor I! That would be great wouldn't it, something illustrated by Sherri!
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

whoa! ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, haven't listened to or heard anything about them in a long time... kinda miss them now. Also didn't think that was something Sherri was into. but thats awesome.

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

she mentioned "Mad with power" again, glad that's become part of the Eisley lexicon. Laughing thanks for the link.
Caley
Lost at Forum

I think it would be pretty ballin' if Sherri made a graphic novel. Doesn't Coheed and Cambria do a comic book or something for each album? I don't know if I'm correct about that, but I remember my friend telling me something about a book the lead singer came out with that followed the storylines of each album or something.

She's a wonderful artist! I'm sure if she ever did do illustrations or a graphic novel she'd be successful.

nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

i could sort of see her writing and illustrating a childrens book.. something like Where The Wild Things Are

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

nerdcorex0 wrote:
i could sort of see her writing and illustrating a childrens book.. something like Where The Wild Things Are

i would love to see that happen.

Hilary Duff cover!! yessss...

Kimbrtones wrote:
See what interesting things I can make you people do? Laughing
This thread has gotten quite amusing but.....my lips are sealed.

On Chauntelle:
Kimbrtones wrote:
wow guys! She's not Jesus! Smile
But she is awfully sweet, and kind hearted.
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

reflectedxglory wrote:
nerdcorex0 wrote:

yeah.
i've always wondered if she's written songs based on a character she drew first.

there might be an interesting idea:
write a cycle of songs with a world of characters and then illustrate a book to the lyrics. you buy a book, get a cd, you listen to and read and look at the book simultaneously. i'm sure it's been done, but i can't think of any. kevin barnes/of montreal kinda did that - minus the booklet - not too long ago and there have been plenty of concept albums over the years.

if anyone could pull it off, i think sherri probably could.

i've also wondered if she's ever written songs using a prior character from another song. surely Sea King and Marsh King are either homies or enemies.

reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
reflectedxglory wrote:
nerdcorex0 wrote:

yeah.
i've always wondered if she's written songs based on a character she drew first.

write a cycle of songs with a world of characters and then illustrate a book to the lyrics. you buy a book, get a cd, you listen to and read and look at the book simultaneously. i'm sure it's been done, but i can't think of any. kevin barnes/of montreal kinda did that - minus the booklet - not too long ago and there have been plenty of concept albums over the years.

i've also wondered if she's ever written songs using a prior character from another song. surely Sea King and Marsh King are either homies or enemies.

i'll have to look up the stuff that kevin barnes did because things like this really intrest me. i would love to see whatshe would do with different characters and using them in the different artist measures would be a sight to behold...okay so i totally thought that up before realizing how cheesy it was. i need to stop coming here when i'm sleepy.

Kimbrtones wrote:

On Chauntelle:
Kimbrtones wrote:
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

reflectedxglory wrote:
bigideas wrote:
reflectedxglory wrote:
nerdcorex0 wrote:

yeah.

i'll have to look up the stuff that kevin barnes did because things like this really intrest me. i would love to see whatshe would do with different characters and using them in the different artist measures would be a sight to behold...okay so i totally thought that up before realizing how cheesy it was. i need to stop coming here when i'm sleepy.

the thing with kevin barnes concept albums is that i never can pull out the complete story. with Gay Parade and Coquillecot(sp?) his brother drew artwork to go along with the different characters. everything is so bizarre and out there, i can't really follow a story throughout though. maybe there's really not one to begin with, a loose concept if you will.

reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
reflectedxglory wrote:
bigideas wrote:
reflectedxglory wrote:
nerdcorex0 wrote:

yeah.

i'll have to look up the stuff that kevin barnes did because things like this really intrest me. i would love to see what she would do with different characters and using them in the different artist measures would be a sight to behold...okay so i totally thought that up before realizing how cheesy it was. i need to stop coming here when i'm sleepy.

the thing with kevin barnes concept albums is that i never can pull out the complete story. with Gay Parade and Coquillecot(sp?) his brother drew artwork to go along with the different characters. everything is so bizarre and out there, i can't really follow a story throughout though. maybe there's really not one to begin with, a loose concept if you will.

maybe that is partly his point, make to draw your own conculsion make up your own mind about his stories. ovs. i have yet to look it all up but sometimes i prefer things that let you make you own mind up about them, like opening ended endings of movies or stories. or artist that let you make up your own minds as to what their songs are about. if you get what i mean?! loose concepts can be more interesting sometimes that way.

though also a complete story and experience could be cool to, i heard showbread is doing something similar with their new cd and the artwork/booklet that comes with it.

Kimbrtones wrote:

On Chauntelle:
Kimbrtones wrote: