Laughing City
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

I almost forgot.. any info on the parking situation would be helpful as well- hope someone is in the know... Wink
mattr
Golly, Poster

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/maumee+oh/431+E+Congress+st+detroit+mi/

St. Andrews Hall faces Congress street and the entrance to the Shelter is in the back parking lot. There is plenty of parking behind the venue and across the street. Traffic can be heavy between 4:30 and 6:30 pm until all of the people who work in the city leave, but after that it's usually a ghost town.
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Thanks so much for the info! I never been to St.Andrew's or the Shelter and don't know my way around Detroit very well.. The Mapqest is definitely a life-saver. thanks again Smile
Michigan Eisley Fan
Sea Post King

We had a great time - just got home an hour ago. Took my daughter Shereen. We met Christie out front of St. Andrews Hall by the bus and she was really nice. We saw Eisley with Mute Math last October upstairs at St. Andrews, which is a much larger venue than the Shelter (which is in the basement). Instead of a stage, there is just a raised platform about 15 " high. It was neat being so close to the bands while they were playing. We enjoyed all the songs - especially the different intro on ICBT4U. Sherri's monitor went out partway into the concert, but she troopered on and sounded great until they were able to repair it and get in back online. Got to meet Boyd too - one of the nicest people I have ever met. He even saw us outdoors when we were leaving and came up to visit some more. He was pleased that the turn out in Detroit is growing as they do more and more shows here. I was glad to hear that because I hope they continue to come here! All in all, a wonderful night of outstanding music and friendly people.
katie the spy
Sea Post King

the mic/thing went out because of me. whoops

but i bought garron's compass to make up for it.

garron, if you read this, yes i am holding it ransom

bmxbandit
Sea Post King

I thought it was a great set overall. Just a good mix of songs, and by the 2nd or 3rd song they were all warmed up and sounding great. Only missed the snow patrol tour and the acoustic set so far for their Detroit shows..God I love this band.
stripteaseheart
Sea Post King

it was definitely a great show last night.
my only problem was that my camera broke as they came on. so if anyone has pictures they'd like to share, i would love you forever!!

if you could email them to angry.love.songs@gmail.com that would be amazing.
bmxbandit
Sea Post King

I really enjoyed Stacys strange yet beautiful intro to I Could Be There For You
Michigan Eisley Fan
Sea Post King

katie the spy wrote:
the mic/thing went out because of me. whoops

but i bought garron's compass to make up for it.

garron, if you read this, yes i am holding it ransom

I saw that compass for sale too. Zane, the Merch. guy said that last week he sold one of Garron's half eaten sandwiches for $5. He said that he gets 40% of anything like that he can sell Very Happy

Michigan Eisley Fan
Sea Post King

stripteaseheart wrote:
it was definitely a great show last night.
my only problem was that my camera broke as they came on. so if anyone has pictures they'd like to share, i would love you forever!!

if you could email them to angry.love.songs@gmail.com that would be amazing.

Here are a few pix I took, but my camera doesn't do well in low light.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/429megasite_bucket/Eisley%20C oncert/DSCN7096.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/429megasite_bucket/Eisley%20C oncert/ShereenChristie.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/429megasite_bucket/Eisley%20C oncert/DSCN7120.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/429megasite_bucket/Eisley%20C oncert/DSCN7122-1.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/429megasite_bucket/Eisley%20C oncert/DSCN7127.jpg

katie the spy
Sea Post King

that's good for Zane, then! I'm really glad I have this compass, to be honest. i have pictures that i will post soon. i want to see everyones just to check if i can see myself and my boyfriend Very Happy
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

We thought the Detroit concert was awesome, since it was our first EISLEY live... The Shelter was really not what we were expecting, but it was cool. I felt like I was back in college again.. and that was 30 years ago..
The sound wasn't very good, but the band was awesome and we were just thrilled to see them sing in person. My daughter Sam was one of those 9-year old girls to the right of the stage that Sherri acknowledged ( and I guess that makes me one of "the cool parents" she said brought their kids to see them. Samantha also handed Sherri a gift bag as she exited the stage after the encore (It had boxes of Cap'n Cruch, Lucky Charms, and a couple of Sam's Eisley drawings & artworks she wanted them to have) . Sherri said 'Thanks" and gave Sam a big bear-hug. Sam was SO thrilled to get a hug from Sherri that she didn't take a bath or shower for 3 days!
Her Mom and I drew the line yesterday- take a shower or else Wink

We were disappointed that all the Eisley members made themselves so scarce both before and after the concert ,though. None of them were even around during the opening bands. We had a several things we wanted to get autographed , but to no avail. We did get to meet Christie by the bus before the concert, and Garron graciously met with fans , and signed and posed for photos after the concert next to the bus. Oh well, We got to see and hear EISLEY live for the first time- and that was the best! We'll just have to go to more concerts on their future tours...

Michigan Eisley Fan
Sea Post King

Dan and Sam wrote:
The sound wasn't very good, but the band was awesome and we were just thrilled to see them sing in person. My daughter Sam was one of those 9-year old girls to the right of the stage that Sherri acknowledged ( and I guess that makes me one of "the cool parents" she said brought their kids to see them.

My daughter was right behind your daughter Very Happy Regarding the sound, Boyd told me that the sound wasn't very good when listening from the side so I wandered out in front where the sound system was pointing and it was way, way better. However, my daughter found it more fun to be up close to the band at the side where your daughter was. All in all, we totally enjoyed the concert too and will definitely attend again on Eisley's next visit!

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

I agree.. it was an awesome concert and a great experience Smile It was our first EISLEY concert,( and that made it extra special )but it certainly won't be our last. Now that Samantha is old enough to go with me, we'll plan on seeing every future tour. Maybe next time they tour, we'll try to go to Cleveland AND Detroit (an EISLEY double-header). There really is nothing better than going to a live performance of a band that we love and admire as much as EISLEY. We'll both remember it for a long time to come-

Dan and Sam

Saturnine67
Sea Post King

It was crazy when Sherri asked everyone to give themselves a round of applause, and nobody did anything but literally me... she saw me clapping, and said, "oh great, like ONE person...." and we just smiled at each other for a sec. I think Stacy had just said something so nobody really heard Sherri. Anyways, I like smaller shows with the more intimate feel... The stage setup was kinda weird in accordance to that huuge bar in the middle of everything, but oh well.

sorry this is a late post...first internet capabilities in months.. Smile

David = Beloved, Roy = King, Marsh = Marsh

So I am the Beloved King of the Marsh.
The Marsh King!!

p.s. check out my band if you're bored
www.myspace.com/celestialmischiefband
Joined: 27 Oct 2005 | Posts: 155 | Location: Battle Creek, MI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger