Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

reflectedxglory wrote:
This thread is way entertaing. Very Happy I want to see Eisley in texas one day because I feel like bands just pull out something different when they are in their home state amongst so many friends and family, but maybe that is just me. It also would be neat to run into Jamie again, it's been a while but I miss talking to you sir. Also Max on that song I enjoyed it, I think the song was redone a little it could work, but once again may just be me and my lack of sleeping well talking...

I want to see Lullabye played live, even if i just dreamed it up.... Wink

Aww ... We need to catch up. It'd be fun to have you at a Texas show!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
reflectedxglory wrote:
This thread is way entertaing. Very Happy I want to see Eisley in texas one day because I feel like bands just pull out something different when they are in their home state amongst so many friends and family, but maybe that is just me. It also would be neat to run into Jamie again, it's been a while but I miss talking to you sir. Also Max on that song I enjoyed it, I think the song was redone a little it could work, but once again may just be me and my lack of sleeping well talking...

I want to see Lullabye played live, even if i just dreamed it up.... Wink

Aww ... We need to catch up. It'd be fun to have you at a Texas show!

feel free to im me or email me: telescopexeyes@gmail.com

Hilary Duff cover!! yessss...

Kimbrtones wrote:
See what interesting things I can make you people do? Laughing
This thread has gotten quite amusing but.....my lips are sealed.

On Chauntelle:
Kimbrtones wrote:
wow guys! She's not Jesus! Smile
But she is awfully sweet, and kind hearted.
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

glad to see the Dallas show garnered positive attention in DMN, but- I have to say it- the article seemed pretty clueless to me. And not just 'cause the guy doesn't seem to know what they played.

His whole "old" vs. "new" Eisley bit seemed particularly ridiculous. Especially Stacy being "stuck" in old Eisley mode or whatever.

The beauty of Eisley's music for me is the juxtaposition of the soaring, harmonious, ethereal vocals with the crunchy, loud music. Maybe he thought the acoustic tour was the "vintage" Eisley or something, I dunno. I first saw Eisley (or was it Moss Eisley back then) on a completely random outing to somewhere in Deep Ellum some time in the early 2000s (must have been after 01, though 'cause I was back in the country-don't ask). Don't remember where they were or who else played; I had no idea who they were; My first impression was that they looked young. Someone I was with said he thought they were a sort of teenie girl band. My impression after the show, though, was that my friend had been dead wrong; They were a noisy bunch of kids!!!! My ears hurt!!! And I liked them- at least definitely more than the average random local band one catches on a serendipitous outing. They reminded me of some of the music I liked growing up. They rocked. Especially Chauntelle (at the time just "that girl on guitar" to us, of course). And they sung like angels. Simultaneously. So I don't know what Old vs. New Eisley sound this guy's talking about. And can't a band have range? Isn't that, like, good?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

reflectedxglory wrote:
feel free to im me or email me: telescopexeyes@gmail.com

Sweet, feel free to say hi to me, too! ha.

And yeah, I think it's weird that people think they don't move a lot when Stacy and Sherri have to be glued to their mics for most of the set. Eisley doesn't just pound out an instrumental part that much.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Eisley doesn't just pound out an instrumental part that much.

true.
i wonder if there exists an Eisley instrumental somewhere in the vaults?

mykatjim
Sea Post King

i have some not-so-great pictures and video clips. please excuse the black lines you'll see - i was up in the balcony and those were part of the barrier. also, the videos look kinda jerky - i think that's photobucket's doing. anyhow...enjoy!

i spy with my little eye...weston's feet!

come clean - clip
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/mykatjim/eisley%20-%20hob/?acti on=view&current=DSCF2689.flv

taking control w/max beemis - clip
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/mykatjim/eisley%20-%20hob/?acti on=view&current=DSCF2690.flv

i could be there for you intro - clip
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/mykatjim/eisley%20-%20hob/?acti on=view&current=DSCF2702.flv

sun feet - clip
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/mykatjim/eisley%20-%20hob/?acti on=view&current=DSCF2691-1.flv

i could be therefor you - chauntelle - clip
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/mykatjim/eisley%20-%20hob/?acti on=view&current=DSCF2703.flv
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

mykatjim wrote:
i have some not-so-great pictures and video clips. please excuse the black lines you'll see - i was up in the balcony and those were part of the barrier.

i've seen pics of Garron jumping off but this is the first i've seen of him standing up there.

how did he even get up there with his bass
and at what point in which ever song does he jump off?

kylacash
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
mykatjim wrote:
i have some not-so-great pictures and video clips. please excuse the black lines you'll see - i was up in the balcony and those were part of the barrier.

i've seen pics of Garron jumping off but this is the first i've seen of him standing up there.

i'm pretty sure there were steps behind it, because he just walked up onto it.
and he jumped right when stacy started singing a sight to behold.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

kylacash wrote:
bigideas wrote:
mykatjim wrote:

ah, so is it like they go off and come back for the encore and he gets up there while the lights are down and then jumps off when the song starts?

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
kylacash wrote:
bigideas wrote:
mykatjim wrote:

ah, so is it like they go off and come back for the encore and he gets up there while the lights are down and then jumps off when the song starts?

No. He comes out and gets the crowd clapping, goes up there and continues to get the crowd clapping, and then I'm pretty sure the band is out by now and has started the son and he just JUMPS! Pretty badarse.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
bigideas wrote:
kylacash wrote:
bigideas wrote:
mykatjim wrote:

No. He comes out and gets the crowd clapping, goes up there and continues to get the crowd clapping, and then I'm pretty sure the band is out by now and has started the son and he just JUMPS! Pretty badarse.

He didn't do that in Portland or Seattle... I want my money back.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i found either the night before or after up on youtube and i guess he didn't do it that night either unless it's off camera. it looked like that stage may have been too small and cramped for him to do it without risking landing on Sherri.

did anyone film the song for the Dallas show - or one where he does it?

<< prev | goto page