Laughing City
keeplookinup
Sea Post King

oh eisley! you know they're from here in tyler right?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

keeplookinup wrote:
oh eisley! you know they're from here in tyler right?

Ha, yeah. I go to church with them when I can make it to Tyler on Sunday mornings. Speaking of, maybe I can finally make it back there this Sunday ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
magiugacire
Sea Post King

Haha they all say the same thing.

"Eisley? Who?"

xsongdreamingx
Sea Post King

haha people ask what is my favorite band and i tell them Eisley and they just stare with a blank expression on their face and i will be like, "You've never heard of them right?" and they reply, "Eisley, who?".... Rolling Eyes XD
seansy
Sea Post King

I've only met a couple people who actually new who the band Eisley spontaneously. A lot of are big fans of Brand New since I'm from Levittown where Brand New is from too, having seen Eisley on their Deja Endtendu tour. One other person i saw at a show who i knew was surprisingly a huge Eisley fan like myself, the only big fan I have ever met.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

When I do ask someone they usually don't know who they are, but if I wear a shirt someone will usually say something. Every once and a while I run into people talking about them. I was waiting to get sat at this restaurant with some people a while ago and another group was waiting on the other side of the room and it was one of the girl's birthday. She was opening her presents and one of her friends got her Room Noises. He went into explaining the band and seemed really into them.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

my favorite reaction was from my buddy Max.

"ugh. i hate that band."
*plays air piano*
"i wus int preeeeepaaaaaared for diiiiiiiis ooooooowwwooooooooooh" (in high nasal voice).

I know he secretly loves eisley.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
sootandstars
Sea Post King

"Oh really? Never heard of them."

Oh, you have now. No excuse!

Look each other in the eye
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

Whenever people ask,
"What kind of music are you into?"
I say, "Oh, this amazing band called Eisley."
They go,"Huh..never heard of them..." and walk away. Crying or Very sad

"Which ones eisley?"
"They're too mellow"
"Is their last name eisley?"
"THIS is that band you never stop talking about!?"

But, I did get a couple of my friends into them. Very Happy Very Happy

stumple13
Sea Post King

Usually people have no idea who they are
or if they come up when im around my friends,which they try to avoid the conversation
because i get all giddy and excited
they know im a little too obsessive haha
But i have introduced alot of my friends to eisley and they all love it now
not as much as me of course
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

I dunno anyone who knows them besides my neighbor, he's into a lot of different types of music though. And maybe he only knows about them cause I play them in the car ride to school sometimes. I brought a friend to a concert, the majority of the music he listens to is *power metal* (whatever that means). He didn't seem to hate them, or he was covering it up well if he did, but I'm not sure he'd listen on his own time. I'm giving a different friend a cd for her birthday. She's into country music. Hm...
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Who!? Confused
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I look back on my old posts in the thread - did I really say that? Laughing Old thread, indeed. Yeah. Pretty much have to repeat myself when I mention Eisley still, 2 1/2 years after this thread, as still nobody knows of them (other than that I listen to them). I did get a few coworkers, and my wife, to listen to Eisley since this time. But mostly I get a perplexed reaction when I mention them.
norad
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
I look back on my old posts in the thread - did I really say that? Laughing Old thread, indeed.

My thoughts were "Oh my god! Why didn't I spell check?!?". But I forgot what Tyler said about them being the "female version of Radiohead". Hahah. He complianed about the live recordings we were listening to once. Since it wasn't "high quality" enough. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Let's see, a friend(likes electronic music) was over and I put on the Invasion video and he seemed disinterested. I showed my brother(new country convert who hates rock now) the Golly Sandra live at the Troubadour vid that's on this site. At first he looked up at the name on the site and said "What's Eisley?" Then when the video started I said "This is my favorite band now. This song sounds sort of like Roy Orbison." He said "Hmm, yeah." We didn't even watch the whole video. I took a mixed tape to my Mom's(classic rock, new country). It was on in the background while we were talking, then like a week later when I went there she said "I listened to the sweet girls' tape. The songs are pretty and also have a sadness." I know a girl(metal and new country) I forgot was from Tyler but she was talking about it at a party. I said "A band I like is from Tyler called Eisley." She said "What Isaac? What kind of music do they play?" But she had never heard of Eisley and later she mentioned something about "Isaac" to me again. That's about it I think. But if someone mentions some band out of the blue to me it doesn't really grab my attention either.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX