Laughing City
oh_curiousity
Sea Post King

"Oh my gosh, are you serious? I love them too! Are you going to their next concert..."

Fortunately I have met lots of Eisley fans and not many "Who? Like Star Wars?" or "They suck..."

ks1990
Lost at Forum

Sadly, I always get negative responses, like 'Pah! who the hell are they?' etc. Which has led me to stop trying to spread the Eisley word and keep them all to myself. Laughing
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

A lot of people don't even make the star wars connection for me...
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Cendrillon wrote:
A lot of people don't even make the star wars connection for me...

I've met people who've never seen Star Wars.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Michigan Eisley Fan
Sea Post King

When I have told people about Eisley, the most common question I get is for them to ask if I am talking about the Isley Brothers! Those who we have introduced to Eisley are overwhelmingly positive and wonder why they aren't hearing their music on the radio.
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Pantheon4 wrote:

I don't believe you.

Marvelousgreen
Sea Post King

kulvir wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

I don't believe you.

OOOh it's true. There is a 17 year old kid on my street who watched episode III in theaters and said "WOW, I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke's father!!!!!?!?!??!". I have no idea how no one ever told him, thats amazing to me.

And I'm one who didn't make the Mosseisley connection at first, even though I've seen it a million times. Maybe because I think I had hear of Eisley that last name by that point. I love how people think it's a girl's name, it dose have a feminine ring to it but you might want to be sure before you assume. Rolling Eyes

Caley
Lost at Forum

kulvir wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

I don't believe you.

Yep, it's a very true thing. My friend recently revealed that she never saw Star Wars either. We all (my friends and I) made sure she would never say such a terrible thing again... so we gave her all of our movies and made her watch them until she turned into a zombie.

To stay on topic, when I say I like Eisley, it usually causes people at my school who've never met me before to say, "Oh right, you're that Eisley girl!" Then when I talk to people who are a little bit more music versed, they usually say something like, "Shoot, they can sing!"

trippin
Sea Post King

Michigan Eisley Fan wrote:
When I have told people about Eisley, the most common question I get is for them to ask if I am talking about the Isley Brothers! Those who we have introduced to Eisley are overwhelmingly positive and wonder why they aren't hearing their music on the radio.

I get the same reaction too. "You mean the Isley Brothers?". However most of the time I receive blank looks.

I'm waiting for the day when I bump into an Eisley fan on the street or in a Starbucks. I'll be jumping for joy and hopefully make a new friend.
Joined: 01 May 2005 | Posts: 67 | Location: Palo Alto, California
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
I have two friends who like Eisley. One is my best friend and one lives in Sacramento.

From everyone else?
"Who's Elsie?" They say as they look at the Eisley pic on my binder closely.

We'll show them. They'll see. Eisley will win EVERY SINGLE Grammy award this year. We'll show them ALL.

Yeah, I have an Eisley "shrine" on my wall and whenever new friends comeover they all say "Who's Eels-ley?" then i correct their pronunciation and make them listen to the greatness that is Eisley. I've won many a convert that way. Actually I guess Eisley did all the work, but heck, it's fun to say you've won converts.

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

I don't believe you.

I was in a Mythology class, and my professor used Star Wars, Superman, and Jesus to explain the hero pattern. So before the following class, this girl says, "I thought I saw Star Wars, but I saw Star Trek."
And about four or five people pipe up "Yeah, I've never seen it either."

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
MichaelMakeArt
Sea Post King

I get these responses a lot (since I go to art school).
"Eisley? You mean the band that Pitchfork doesn't review?
"Aren't they, like, an emo pop band? Ew."
"Girls, indie, folk, pop and happiness? Can you give me their music?"
"I don't care about music like that. It's kitschy and naïve. Have you heard the new Grizzly Bear album?"

I avidly defend Eisley in Baltimore, but I am almost always vanquished by the Malificent dragon called "The Existential Intelligent Indie Freak Folk Scene".
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

MichaelMakeArt wrote:
I get these responses a lot (since I go to art school).
"Eisley? You mean the band that Pitchfork doesn't review?
"Aren't they, like, an emo pop band? Ew."
"Girls, indie, folk, pop and happiness? Can you give me their music?"
"I don't care about music like that. It's kitschy and naïve. Have you heard the new Grizzly Bear album?"

I avidly defend Eisley in Baltimore, but I am almost always vanquished by the Malificent dragon called "The Existential Intelligent Indie Freak Folk Scene".
that sounds horrible. elitist jerks. Sad
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Mostly that. Alot of people haven't been lucky enough to hear Eisley. From my younger sister and my mom I get varied reactions because they both like really hard rock.
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
keeplookinup
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
keeplookinup wrote:
oh eisley! you know they're from here in tyler right?

Ha, yeah. I go to church with them when I can make it to Tyler on Sunday mornings. Speaking of, maybe I can finally make it back there this Sunday ...

yeah, i go to the vineyard whenever i can. it's been a couple weeks though...