Laughing City
Lynn
Golly, Poster

Just come to Bulgaria, is not that far away from Istanbul anyway ^^
You're right that the internet changed everything.
Morwen
Sea Post King

New Zealand, too, I think would be receptive to Eisley. As much as I don't want them to tour there cos that means I can't see them Wink

I'm not sure why Eisley isn't more popular. Everyone that I've ever introduced them to has loved them, and I know they've gone on to introduce their friends to the band.
Caley
Lost at Forum

I know a way for Eisley to get a lot of press coverage -- say they're going to try and break the Guinness World Record of being the first band to play in Antarctica!

Then the day before they're set to go... say the weather wouldn't allow it.

Why does this sound so familiar...?

nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

jasonemerge wrote:
dubai is one of the cities on my "grand wish list"... i've been there tons of times, but it's just recently becoming a place with concert venues. if you want to play in the middle east, you're pretty much limited to egypt (maybe... this would be the most difficult), lebanon, jordan, israel (actually the largest market in the whole area due to the individual purchasing power of its citizens - except if you play here, most of the other countries in the area will not issue you work permits to perform in THEIR countries), palestine (immigration controlled by israel), and dubai. abu dhabi is the second emirate to start developing a western culture thing... bands will probably be playing there by 2010.

my point was this... i would love for eisley to play dubai, istanbul, casablanca, and porto alegre in the same year. i'm trying to think of places that would love the band and contact promoters in those areas to make something happen - it's not the same "tour the US, Canada, Europe, Japan and Australia" thing anymore.... the Internet changed everything. small bands can do whole south american and pacific rim tours. it's insane.

-jason

had the best chicken sandwich and mango shake in my entire life there. hoping to go back. been 6 years or so. but keepin my fingers crossed.

and you said a mouthful... the internet changed everything.

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

jasonemerge wrote:
my point was this... i would love for eisley to play dubai, istanbul, casablanca, and porto alegre in the same year. i'm trying to think of places that would love the band and contact promoters in those areas to make something happen - it's not the same "tour the US, Canada, Europe, Japan and Australia" thing anymore.... the Internet changed everything. small bands can do whole south american and pacific rim tours. it's insane.

-jason

That would be unreal. Eisley never did try Japan, though, and people over there seem to love all things poppy, wholesome and sweet. Wonder why they've been so ignored.

Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
jasonemerge wrote:

-jason

That would be unreal. Eisley never did try Japan, though, and people over there seem to love all things poppy, wholesome and sweet. Wonder why they've been so ignored.

was Japan where the Beatles got really hounded - pratically scared to death?

juan
Lost at Forum

Mooncutter wrote:
jasonemerge wrote:

-jason

I would love to see Eisley play in Japan. I think the Japanese would go nuts for Eisley.

Also, Jason - welcome on board by the way, get a Mosslake tour sorted! Or at the very least, get a proper UK tour sorted, and not just a few dates here and there with utterly crap bands, play small venues if they have to, is this financially viable or is that the reason it hasn't happened yet? There are so many good small venues in the UK. Manchester in particular seems to have an excellent music scene with a scattering of small clubs across the city. Even here in Newcastle I seem to 'discover' small venues I'd not heard or been to.

And if the band want to play fesivals in the uk in the future, try this one - www.thegreenmanfestival.com

Anyway good luck with it all, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the future.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Mormon_seebs
Sea Post King

Two words Jason:
Wisconsin SUMMERFEST Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

How about Brewtone's shows every once in a while to keep the band fresh between the next album/tour cycle?
Wink

gundamit
Golly, Poster

Welcome Jason. Looking forward to your "emergence" into the Eisley community. Whether it it is in the forums or perhaps the Trollywood bloggins it will be great for the fans have yet another look inside Eisely from another vantage point.

After Boyd's introduction, we (yes I speak for the entire Eisley community - really) expect nothing less than magic from you. Wave your wand and give the band enough generational wealth and personal happiness, that they can concentrate exclusively on their craft. The credibility meter is already running so get cracking! Wink

Vintage Newbie

Welcome, Jason!

Mormon_seebs wrote:
Two words Jason:
Wisconsin SUMMERFEST Very Happy

YES! The World's Largest Music Festival. 11 Stages, 11 days, over 700 bands. June 26 - July 6 this year. It's around the same dates every year (ending on the 4th of July weekend). Hope to see Eisley there one of these years (soon). Smile
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

^^ I'd be very happy. I'm afraid that they didn't feel enough receptiveness from the audience and will never come back to the state though. On the mute math tour I think they said the least number of people on the whole tour showed up for the milwaukee show.
bathwater_m
Sea Post King

jasonemerge wrote:
dubai is one of the cities on my "grand wish list"... i've been there tons of times, but it's just recently becoming a place with concert venues. if you want to play in the middle east, you're pretty much limited to egypt (maybe... this would be the most difficult), lebanon, jordan, israel (actually the largest market in the whole area due to the individual purchasing power of its citizens - except if you play here, most of the other countries in the area will not issue you work permits to perform in THEIR countries), palestine (immigration controlled by israel), and dubai. abu dhabi is the second emirate to start developing a western culture thing... bands will probably be playing there by 2010.

-jason

one word.

please please come down to sunny island singapore! it would be awesome if you guys could just..

..wait, thats more than... hmm...

singapore!!

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Cendrillon wrote:
^^ I'd be very happy. I'm afraid that they didn't feel enough receptiveness from the audience and will never come back to the state though. On the mute math tour I think they said the least number of people on the whole tour showed up for the milwaukee show.

I drove to Madison show for Mute Math tour, because the Milwaukee show was on a work night. But Summerfest is THE PLACE to get major exposure in the Chicago-Milwaukee area. If you want to build on what you've done here, that would go a long way towards that.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
inorbit wrote:

Try searching for Eisley on Pitchfork some time...

i was listening to that TrailVan Hyde stuff and i have a very strong feeling if you released those lo-fi home recordings pretty much as is that websites like Pitchfork would go ga-ga for it. it really reminded of hearing the bootlegs from the Beach Boys Smile sessions. it feels so 60's, slightly psychaedelic and off-the-cuff. Pitchfork goes ga-ga for anything remotely Brian Wilson/Beatles influenced (and admittedly i do for the most part).

here's a question - why do you think Pitchfork recognizes Feist, My Brightest Diamond, etc, but not Eisley? most of the ones i can think of are female solo acts. i have a gut feeling if any of the girls released a more lo-fi solo record that they would latch on to it, though i'm not sure why.

any ideas?

p.s. i've also wondered why no news items since they've been featured on albums of bands that are - The Elected, Bright Eyes

my theory may well have been proven.
this music is not unlike some of the trippy home recordings like People Go Away, Hummingbirds and some of Stacy's songs with the Bjork-ish feel:

http://www.thrilljockey.com/catalog/index.html?id=102897

(High Places - you can stream the whole album - all Thrill Jockey releases are up for streaming. this i did not know until looking them up today)

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/highplaces/03070907

of course, it only has 7 reviews at this point and the full length they put out since then has a little lower rating though still in the 70's.