Laughing City
pumamina
Golly, Poster

What does it matter how much things can be?
A rich man can buy from a thrift store and a poor man can buy from a rich man's store.
Just be money wise and you'll get everything you want almost

lazerbith
Sea Post King

i work there. do NOT let the pricetag fool you. buttons fall off left and right.. just wander back to the dressing room closet and take a gander at the rack for the 'damaged goods'... ALL CLOTHING eventually goes on sale, typically. its just whether you're patient enough to wait. or you can bribe people like me for their online discount with lots of sour gummy worms. urban outfitters is the same story. they make forever21 quality and jack up the prices because they're urbanoutfitters. i'll bet you still go and buy you hipsters you.
doreen
Sea Post King

tawnysigala wrote:
i ADORE their furniture.
when i'm rich someday, i'm going to own ALL of it.

My sentiments exactly Smile

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

redboots wrote:
Btw, I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to be in style... people can dress how they like. Not wearing something because it is in style is like not listening to a band because they became successful.... totally ridiculous, in my opinion.

That's not even close to the point I was making.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

greatgood wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
greatgood wrote:
I have flannel sheets. Maybe I could make a shirt out of that.

flannel sheets changed my life, do not damage your precious flannel sheets! i know it gets could down in Missou too.

that's my topic-unrelated post for the day. Wink

uh, i hate flannel. not the look of it. it's too hot to wear or have as sheets. sorry. random rant.

It's too hot now. Winter is another story. And my bed is right next to the window. But honestly I'm lucky to change my sheets twice a year.

Well yeah, they're definitely made for winter. Bad for summer. But I'll never have to hire a hooker again just to warm up the bed. (JOKE!!)

norad
Vintage Newbie

I have flannel sheets right now! I also use three comforters...and two throws....and a fleece robe that three sizes too big....and warm socks. Laughing I got some micro fiber sheets too.
greatgood
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
I have flannel sheets right now! I also use three comforters...and two throws....and a fleece robe that three sizes too big....and warm socks. Laughing I got some micro fiber sheets too.

You use that now? All at once? In Kansas? Shocked I think it's supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow.

norad
Vintage Newbie

greatgood wrote:
patrock wrote:

You use that now? All at once? In Kansas? Shocked I think it's supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow.

Yes and YES.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

My mom keeps our house really cold, so I use flannel sheets all year long. I just got a lighter comforter so I don't get too hot.
Sometimes when it's 95 outside I still want to put on a sweatshirt because of it.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
Last edited by guitargirl on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
soupey
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
greatgood wrote:
patrock wrote:
I have flannel sheets right now! I also use three comforters...and two throws....and a fleece robe that three sizes too big....and warm socks. :lol: I got some micro fiber sheets too.

You use that now? All at once? In Kansas? :shock: I think it's supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow.

Yes and YES.

I feel a little less ridiculous now in jeans and a sweatshirt with philly's 90 degree weather
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

i prefer urban outfitters to anthropologie, simply because i find anthropologie's clothing to be moderately boring. that said, the only thing i own from urban is a hoodie i got for 20 dollars. i just use it as inspiration to search for similar pieces elsewhere. i know clinton & stacy swear by having more expensive clothing that will last longer, but that's not always the case. i may find a $300 dollar dress i bought completely ugly or stained or ripped within a year.

target and old navy have always been my best bet. in my experience, their clothes have been of good enough quality at a reasonable price.

occasionally i find a great find or two at thrift stores, but have generally had bad luck. things tend to be in poor quality often or just heinous. i mostly use thrift stores for costume parties.

Vintage Newbie

grain thrower wrote:
greatgood wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
greatgood wrote:

flannel sheets changed my life, do not damage your precious flannel sheets! i know it gets could down in Missou too.

uh, i hate flannel. not the look of it. it's too hot to wear or have as sheets. sorry. random rant.

It's too hot now. Winter is another story. And my bed is right next to the window. But honestly I'm lucky to change my sheets twice a year.

Well yeah, they're definitely made for winter. Bad for summer. But I'll never have to hire a hooker again just to warm up the bed. (JOKE!!)

oh, no, i meant for anytime of the year, yes, even the winter. for me, atleast.

my mom washes our sheets once a week. it's nice cause i love having clean sheets.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
leighish
Vintage Newbie

admittedly I've found a couple of awesome things in a second hand store, but for every awesome thing I find, there's a lot of crap.

I've never been to anthropologie nor have I been to urban outfitters. Maybe one day I'll wander in when there is a hope in hell that the clothes would actually fit me. Then I'd probably leave when I realize that chances are VERY good that none of it is my style anyway.

I'm a JC Penney and Target girl, myself.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
greatgood
Sea Post King

Music_Lover wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
greatgood wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
greatgood wrote:

my mom washes our sheets once a week. it's nice cause i love having clean sheets.

It was nice when my mom washed my sheets. If it's left up to me, it will get done twice a year. That has started to change, because I eat in bed a lot. I spill.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

greatgood wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
greatgood wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
greatgood wrote:

It was nice when my mom washed my sheets. If it's left up to me, it will get done twice a year. That has started to change, because I eat in bed a lot. I spill.

mmm, a bed with a built-in midnight snack Very Happy