Laughing City
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

6th grade history class, I remember not knowing what the WTC were and sitting in the library, watching it on the news and being VERY confused about what was happening. Then they sent us back to class and told all the teachers not to talk about it, so our parents could explain, or something.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
sebas
Golly, Poster

I was back in Mexico, in the American school there, 6th grade I think. Was all terribly confusing.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
stumple13
Sea Post King

I was on my way to school in the 5th grade.
We were driving across the Cherry Creek Dam road when we heard on the radio that the first tower got hit.
We assumed it was an accident.
Then they reported the second tower getting a hit a little later and we knew something was wrong.
Then i hears about the other plane crashes when i got to school.
But everyone was calling it a bombing so i was really confused that whole day.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

My mom, my siblings and i were one our way to our grandparents house and we heard about it in the radio. i remember everything that morning just kind of was a blur. it was really surreal, but yeah. i remember watching the tv and just being in shock. i still remember the morning as if it were yesterday.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

I was in the fourth grade and it was 6 in the morning, and I just remember eating my breakfast in the living room with my mom and my dad was about to leave for work and was watching the news. and i just remember him going "ah man"
and my mom doing that dramatic asian-esque "oooh!"
and i was confused, and remember seeing the building fall down on t.v.
i didnt really know what it was. i just knew it really upset my parents, and i can still see how the light reflected in the room, and what my dad was wearing.

and then i went to school and everyone was like "its world war 3!"
and we listened to the radio about what happened. and i STILL had no idea what the world trade center was.. i thought it was something different then the twin towers, cos i was an idiot then and it totally confused me that people were using two differet names.
haha
yeah.

-Mae West
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

I was at home and didn't turn on the TV until 11 am and I thought it was all an accident. I remember how eerily quiet it felt with no airplanes flying over which is a regular occurrence here. This would be interrupted by the loud engines of military jets patrolling which was anything but normal.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

In a trailer in my 10th grade economics class. We watched from the time the second plane hit to when the buildings collapsed. We didn't do any work the whole day. Just watched the news in all my classes.
Lost at Forum

I'm really surprised at how many of you seem to have television in the classroom.
Laughing Citizen

I was a freshmen in college and newly excited, just moved away from home, in the dorm room chilling before my 11 am class.

I was online and my friend from home IMed me "Did you hear what happened???" and sent me an online news link. I turned on my tv which was nothing but tv "snow" with a random flash of an image of one of the towers smoking (oddly enough, the cable in our dorm was out that morning).

I remember our hallway crowding around one girl's room because she had a radio and we were listening to what was going on via that. Felt very "War of the Worlds"-ish....only real. I went to class anyway and I remember our professor saying one comment then going on like nothing had happened.
Mormon_seebs
Sea Post King

4th grade i was waiting outside for the bus (about 8:20), when the parents of some of the kids started talking to my mom and told her. for like, a month my parents wouldn't let my siblings or i watch the news with them because they didn't want us seeing the replays.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

My mom woke me up to watch it on TV. I watched until both towers had fell before I had to go to school. I remember walking into the kitchen after the second tower fell and saying to my mom "there are no more Twin Towers." I was a freshman, and I remember watching TV pretty much all day at school. And I watched all day after school, as well.
soupey
Sea Post King

Mooncutter wrote:
I'm really surprised at how many of you seem to have television in the classroom.

We have flatscreen TV in every room and three in the cafeteria.
But we don't have air conditioning in the whole building.

Anyway, I remember being in 4th grade, and not understanding why my teacher looked so serious when he told us. I didn't know what the WTC was and I didn't understand what had happened. I remember being afraid our school was gonna get bombed though, and worrying for my 1st grade sister.

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

my bro woke me up, i was pissed.
after a quick glance at the tv, i thought it was an accident,
about five minutes later, the next plane hit.
i was really confused. in fact, i'm still really confused about the whole thing.
i went to school like normal.
i was really scared that the attacks were going to continue.

lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

I was like 8 so all I remember was my teacher telling us that class was being interrupted because we had to watch the news...I was immature so I thought it was kind of cool to watch the two towers bombed. Anyways...I don't think it's cool now.
One person I know had a relative who had just walked out of one of the towers when they collapsed.
We had things planned for today at school, but school in my district was officially not going to happen because of a hurricane...so yeah...

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

We had just moved in to our house September 10th. We had no TV, no furniture, nothing. So my mom dug out the first TV we could find so that we could be updated throughout the day.
I myself was at school when it actually happened, but going home to nothing but a TV playing tragedies all evening was depressing.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>