Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Inorbit, I for one, enjoyed reading your post! It was very contemplative! Eisley's music is nothing if not complex! What seems so simple at first hearing, is so deceptively sophisticated! It's as if when they listen to the music that influences them, they pick up every nuance, and then just nail it!

The things they were doing on Laughing City at such a young age, would make other much more mature artist like Alan White and Tom Waits proud!

Thank you for your analysis, although I respectfully disagree with you about 'Brightly Wound!' Smile

mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

Quote:
P.P.S.
mybrotherisadino wrote:

if you havent noticed he is my god.

please get help

'nuff said
Joined: 25 Aug 2007 | Posts: 127 | Location: Minneapolis, MN
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

mybrotherisadino wrote:

eew Laughing
nothing personal against the guy, but that picture is a whack-attack.

gilbert
Sea Post King

I don't think i remember ever saying the word "drugs" Shocked
i just said they sounded sort of similar...
sorry for the confusion, but thanks for that gnarly response
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

mybrotherisadino wrote:
Quote:
P.P.S.
mybrotherisadino wrote:

please get help

'nuff said

He's going to be competition for John Edward for the Biggest Douche in the Universe award.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Enough with the Tom DeLonge crap. Confused Seriously. There's being off topic, and then there's being ridiculous.

tawnysigala wrote:

That is an AWESOME tattoo. Great job. I'm not sure there are any drawings of Sherri's that I would want to get a tattoo, but she's a terrific artist. I think it would be cool for someone to incorporate a bunch of her works into a sleeve or something.

mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

cynlovescandy wrote:
mybrotherisadino wrote:

eew Laughing
nothing personal against the guy, but that picture is a whack-attack.

eh i know. that was during his unhealthy/drug days so you cant really blame him for looking weird.

Pantheon4 wrote:
mybrotherisadino wrote:
Quote:
P.P.S.
mybrotherisadino wrote:

please get help

'nuff said

He's going to be competition for John Edward for the Biggest Douche in the Universe award.

i think he's going to be competition for jesus for the coolest person in the universe award.. Very Happy
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

*sorry I know this is continuing being off topic, but this should help put it to rest.

Travis Barker on blink reunion " don't know. You know, to be honest with you, I haven't spoken to Tom [DeLonge] in five years. I speak to Mark [Hoppus] every day, he's one of my greatest friends, so...that's the status of that. I think everyone would have to be friends, and I think we'd all have to want to do it in order for it to happen."

I think this speaks for Tom's deuchery and prickness enough. I used to like the guy too, you're delusional if you still do, just accept it.

When I fly solo, I fly so high.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

*Sorry for continuing the off topic-ness, but honestly, how can you take anyone seriously when he says he's about to release the best album of the past 20 years, an album that will be completely revolutionary and potentially the best thing anyone's ever heard? I mean really, have you heard AVA? My goodness.

More on-topic, I've actually thought about a Sherri-art sleeve. I think it could look amazingly cool, but then I realized that because of the line of work I want to enter I can't actually get a tattoo that size. Oh well!

Vintage Newbie

When is that Blink Behind the Music going to come out? I've been waiting for it for over a year now.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

singsoftly wrote:
*sorry I know this is continuing being off topic, but this should help put it to rest.

Travis Barker on blink reunion " don't know. You know, to be honest with you, I haven't spoken to Tom [DeLonge] in five years. I speak to Mark [Hoppus] every day, he's one of my greatest friends, so...that's the status of that. I think everyone would have to be friends, and I think we'd all have to want to do it in order for it to happen."

I think this speaks for Tom's deuchery and prickness enough. I used to like the guy too, you're delusional if you still do, just accept it.

tom doesn't want to do blink first of all.
tom doesn't hate mark or travis, but since everything that's happened in the past they can't really get past it :/

i think it's pretty rude to call me delusional for still liking tom. could i have an opinion please?

also: http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/05/19/delonge_says_no_to_ blink_182_reunion

Mooncutter wrote:
*Sorry for continuing the off topic-ness, but honestly, how can you take anyone seriously when he says he's about to release the best album of the past 20 years, an album that will be completely revolutionary and potentially the best thing anyone's ever heard? I mean really, have you heard AVA? My goodness.

um. you know that he took all those things back?
since pretty much only one other person here like tom, i don't think any of you will do this.. but if you do then.. do this rofl.

go buy start the machine http://www.loserkids.com/product-exec/product_id/7624/nm/Angels_and_Ai rwaves_Start_The_Machine_DVD/category_id/558
there's this LONG section with tom talking all about his statements to the press (saying that jesus came down to buy the record, being the best band, best record, changing the world) he was crazy with the pain killers and later he took all of it back, and let the music speak, not his words.
and of course, blink was about 100 times more popular and bigger than AvA, as of now, and i think the main reason why people always use this as a reason not to like them. "i spent a decade singing about fu cking dogs in the a.ss, why do people all of a sudden care what i say? you know what? if i was in blink and i said this, people would just be like 'oh, cool they have a really good record' but since this is a new band, people automatically reject it."

one more quick point: my brother always says "tom says he's matured now, but listen to the shi.t he says between the songs live.." and tom, musically, matured, he is STILL THE SAME PERSON.

i hate when people say that too.

ok, last thing i swear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp61CQapLQQ
that was BY FAR the best show i've ever been to..

Very Happy tell me he's not the same..
mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

ooh also.

"do i think we're the best band in 25 years? no.. maybe 24.*laughs* f.uck 'em."
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Ughh, to try to get back on topic:
Nice tramp stamp Wink

we're really not alone, we have each other