Laughing City
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
inorbit wrote:
not like I know them or anything, but I think there are a couple of young members from Houston who I haven't seen any posts from since the night before the storm. Hope they are OK.

Hm. Remember the names?

That little girl crazeemunkeyz? Last time she posted she said she and her parents were going to ride the storm out. She must be without power all this time, that would suck.
She and her family are still without power but she got online the other night from her aunt's house who has power. She's fine.

Oh ok, cool thanks.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Ceryini
Sea Post King

I'm glad Ireland doesn't experience any natural disasters x.o The closest I've come to one is when I was staying in Florida with relations like 2 years agoish. There was a tornado a few kilometers north from us.
yamomaokik
Sea Post King

I feel so lucky to live where I am (I just about 2 hours from Brisbane, in QLD, Australia). We don't' get any earthquakes, or hurricanes or anything remotely resembling a natural disaster.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

yamomaokik wrote:
I feel so lucky to live where I am (I just about 2 hours from Brisbane, in QLD, Australia). We don't' get any earthquakes, or hurricanes or anything remotely resembling a natural disaster.

I was talking to my dad about that a week or so ago. Australia and Candada. Two places to move to if you're not a fan of natural disasters.

So I was reading an article at work (I work for a newspaper, a low...low level job) and found this:

"After spending hours in traffic that backed up for 10 miles, some residents found their homes in ruins.

"I wasn't prepared for this," taxi driver Patricia Davis said."

It reminded me of the Katrina video someone made and was posted a few days after that hurricane.

Good luck to all those who now are dealing with the aftermath.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

yamomaokik wrote:
But I hear that you have spiders the size of dinner plates, down there! Laughing
norad
Vintage Newbie

mikep0922 wrote:
yamomaokik wrote:

But I hear that you have spiders the size of dinner plates, down there! Laughing

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad