Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>

Will the Cubs win the World Series in 2008?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
No
84%
 84%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 53

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
mikep0922 wrote:
So Manny just popped one out of the park! 5-2 Angels, but it's just the 1st game!
Smile

You mean Dodgers, not Angels. And the game is not over yet.

It is now. Is it too early to say "uh-oh"? Soriano is off to another bad post season.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
mikep0922 wrote:
So Manny just popped one out of the park! 5-2 Angels, but it's just the 1st game!
Smile

It is now. Is it too early to say "uh-oh"? Soriano is off to another bad post season.

Cubs best pitcher at Wrigley this year has been Ryan Dempster. Tonight, he went 4 2/3 innings, giving up 7 walks, walked the bases loaded in the 5th inning before giving up a grand slam. So yeah, Soriano needs to get hitting (and Fukudome, and Soto), but pitching lost that game early on. Oh, well! Need to take 3 or the next 4. Carlos Zambrano vs. Chad Billingsley tomorrow. GO CUBS!!
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
mikep0922 wrote:
Smile

Cubs best pitcher at Wrigley this year has been Ryan Dempster. Tonight, he went 4 2/3 innings, giving up 7 walks, walked the bases loaded in the 5th inning before giving up a grand slam. So yeah, Soriano needs to get hitting (and Fukudome, and Soto), but pitching lost that game early on. Oh, well! Need to take 3 or the next 4. Carlos Zambrano vs. Chad Billingsley tomorrow. GO CUBS!!

I hope the Cubbies win, I really do. And I mean the whole thing. Although after they win their fans will probably be so annoying I'll wish they hadn't. Laughing

Just kidding, haha. They can't be as bad as Yankees fans, (as of recently) Red Sox fans, Lakers fans, or USC fans.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Right before Dempster pitched to the batter prior to Loney, I said aloud, "They (Cubs) will be very lucky if he gets them out of this" since Piniella decided to leave him in with such shaky stuff. And they weren't lucky at all. Better go looking for heads-up pennies and 4-leaf clovers before tomorrow's game.
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

Poor Cubbies
gundamit
Golly, Poster

Sweet jebus! Anyone but the Dodgers! I wonder what the statistics are for winning a best of five series when you lose the first game at home ... Confused
Vintage Newbie

Carlos Zambrano today, Rich Harden on Saturday, and Ted Lily on Sunday. Hope the Cubs can win the next 3 so they don't have to decide who to run out there for game 5 (Dempster or Zambrano). Still have a good shot at this series. GO CUBS!
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

Jon Lester, baby! Every person in Boston is proud of this guy like he is our own child. What a great performance to shut down a great Angel's lineup, and only letting up ONE UNEARNED run over seven. It's so surprising even though he's been the Red Sox best pitcher over the year, since he is only 5-5 on the road (10-1 at Fenway.)

And Jason Bay!! Screw Manny, this guy is ready and honest. 2 run shot FTW > 1 run shot for a bigger lead, imo.

GO SOX!!
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

BNROCKS wrote:
And Jason Bay!! Screw Manny, this guy is ready and honest. 2 run shot FTW > 1 run shot for a bigger lead, imo.

GO SOX!!
And he's Canadian! I just thought I would point that out.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:

GO SOX!!
And he's Canadian! I just thought I would point that out.

Canadians can do very few things well. Playing the "American Pastime" that's declining in popularity apparently is one of them. I just thought I should point that out.

I mean come on! How many great Canadians have there been? Feist, James Randi, Joni Mitchell, Tom Green? All smart Canadians eventually realize the superiority of life below the 49th and become Americans. Oh! Communist Health. Sorry, I forgot. Rolling Eyes $#@! THAT! We are an intrepid breed. We'll go years without any health insurance--not because we're dumb, but because we're tough! The only Americans that go to Canada, are frat boys looking for alcyhol.

More to the point, Canada isn't even really a country. And if it is, why then do you still have her royal lowness stamped on your coinage? When was the last time she even came for a visit? 2002? Six years! She don't like you're crappy cold country. She'd rather eat crappy British food, than you're Can'tadian bacon.
If you aint an American, you aint $#@!!

These colors don't run!

SHOCK AND AWE!

Slavery!

COOLIO!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Very Happy
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Pantheon4 wrote:
How many great Canadians have there been? Feist, James Randi, Joni Mitchell, Tom Green?
Your omission of Leonard Cohen illustrates your complete lack of knowledge about Canada. Way to dispel the notion that Americans know nothing of the world out their border.

But we have no answer for Coolio. You have us there.

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Cubs gave up a bunch of unearned runs, and a couple earned runs, and are losing 6-0 after 6 innings. Two errors in the same inning, 3 errors so far for the game COME ON CUBS!!
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Cubs gave up a bunch of unearned runs, and a couple earned runs, and are losing 6-0 after 6 innings. Two errors in the same inning, 3 errors so far for the game COME ON CUBS!!

Not looking good...

If they can't come back tonight, they'll have to win the last 3 games of the series, with the next 2 in LA...

As a Giants fan, I really want the Cubs to take down the Dodgers. C'mon Cubs...
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
How many great Canadians have there been? Feist, James Randi, Joni Mitchell, Tom Green?
Your omission of Leonard Cohen illustrates your complete lack of knowledge about Canada. Way to dispel the notion that Americans know nothing of the world out their border.

But we have no answer for Coolio. You have us there.

כֹּהֵן‎ is Jewish. That's why I didn't put Shatner there either. Jews belong to Israel.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>