Laughing City
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I sure didn't! *Sarah Palin wink*.

The only reason I even post on this forum is because of the intelligent conversation.

I just think that people who like things that aren't necessarily high quality tend to get frowned upon by certain people. I play along with Jeopardy as often as I laugh along with Gossip Girl (which, in my opinion, is entirely quality as far as silly teen dramas go). I like them both, and my IQ is well above 90. I like balance. I don't take myself too seriously, nor do I treat everything with levity.

patiopatio
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
patiopatio wrote:
i'm not going to lie, you are all a little bit nutty.

are you going to start burning books now? such severe reactions to a simple interest in something so insignificant is a tad bit scary.

No book burning from me. I think the extreme reaction stems from the myth that people have spread about books, "If you read any book it makes you smart because it's a book!" Many people have come to realize how stupid this line of thinking is and don't want their literary sanctuary to fall to the idiotic kids who are sycophantically following a fad. Ergo, they attack books to save the face of reading. Quite noble really.Wink

Oh, I read Sherri's reply to this thread. Somehow, I'm not ashamed of anything I typed. Picnics are fun. Roller coasters are fun. Pissing of little kids is fun. But the Twilight series is torture for anyone with an IQ over 90.

even the most idiotic twilight reader will be able to tell from reading your inane tripe that you are simply desperately trying to appear intelligent in a forum where no one cares. for someone that claims that they do not take themselves too seriously, you sure are adept at contributing to such banality as persecuting somebody for liking something that is not "intellectual." i am going to assume that you are here because you are a fan of eisley and thus, probably appreciate what they have to offer as a band. by saying that twilight would be "torture" for anyone with an IQ over 90, then you are (by way of great ambiguity) insulting sherri. as an english major, i have had to read a variety of books that i am not too fond of but i would never diminish somebody's intelligence because they care to indulge in something that i personally do not prefer.

please respond with all of your wit and delightful banter, but i will not respond for i have far too much victorian literature to wade through and no time for you (but the fact that i'm reading mary barton and adam bede makes me smart right? oh wait, i'm assuming that you know what i am talking about. shame on me).

ps: i do not find your plight to save your "literary sanctuary" noble. unless you have been dubbed the savor of the canon of great fiction, then i find you to just be sad individual who should spend less time here and more time reading.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

patiopatio wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
patiopatio wrote:
i'm not going to lie, you are all a little bit nutty.

are you going to start burning books now? such severe reactions to a simple interest in something so insignificant is a tad bit scary.

No book burning from me. I think the extreme reaction stems from the myth that people have spread about books, "If you read any book it makes you smart because it's a book!" Many people have come to realize how stupid this line of thinking is and don't want their literary sanctuary to fall to the idiotic kids who are sycophantically following a fad. Ergo, they attack books to save the face of reading. Quite noble really.Wink

Oh, I read Sherri's reply to this thread. Somehow, I'm not ashamed of anything I typed. Picnics are fun. Roller coasters are fun. Pissing of little kids is fun. But the Twilight series is torture for anyone with an IQ over 90.

even the most idiotic twilight reader will be able to tell from reading your inane tripe that you are simply desperately trying to appear intelligent in a forum where no one cares. for someone that claims that they do not take themselves too seriously, you sure are adept at contributing to such banality as persecuting somebody for liking something that is not "intellectual." i am going to assume that you are here because you are a fan of eisley and thus, probably appreciate what they have to offer as a band. by saying that twilight would be "torture" for anyone with an IQ over 90, then you are (by way of great ambiguity) insulting sherri. as an english major, i have had to read a variety of books that i am not too fond of but i would never diminish somebody's intelligence because they care to indulge in something that i personally do not prefer.

please respond with all of your wit and delightful banter, but i will not respond for i have far too much victorian literature to wade through and no time for you (but the fact that i'm reading mary barton and adam bede makes me smart right? oh wait, i'm assuming that you know what i am talking about. shame on me).

ps: i do not find your plight to save your "literary sanctuary" noble. unless you have been dubbed the savor of the canon of great fiction, then i find you to just be sad individual who should spend less time here and more time reading.

now who's nutty.
Last edited by inorbit on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

God bless the Canadians.
Sherri
Sea Post King

haha, chill guys....different strokes for different folks! it's all good.
i love you all and don't care if you insult me or not, i'm used to it, i'm in a dumb band so it's what people like to do when you're in the public eye.
i got no bad feelings for anyone....going to grab some dinner and a movie.
see you guys later!
xoxoxo,
sherri

My dumb photos for fun.
http://flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/
A bit of the art...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherrisink/
Older art...
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/slitgizzard/ArtWork/
sebas
Golly, Poster

๏̯͡๏)

-Mahatma, Gandhi
alinicole
Sea Post King

Sherri wrote:
haha, chill guys....different strokes for different folks! it's all good.
i love you all and don't care if you insult me or not, i'm used to it, i'm in a dumb band so it's what people like to do when you're in the public eye.
i got no bad feelings for anyone....going to grab some dinner and a movie.
see you guys later!
xoxoxo,
sherri

Aw I don't think people were trying to insult you. I think most of the negative comments were towards those that don't read much else but that Twilight series. I'm fairly certain everyone here knows you read a whole lot of other books/series/etc so you don't really fall into that category. That's what I got out of most of these comments, anyway.

Last edited by alinicole on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Some people have broken sarcasm detectors, Laughing

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
amandamae
Sea Post King

[quote="patrock"][quote="Sherri"]geez louiz you snickerdoodles, i didn't mean to start such a
ruckus with that one little post about the vampire book series...
the books are fun reads, i never said they were william shakespeare!

i'm gonna tell stephanie meyer you are being meanies.

i will boil your bones, you rabid little snakes, you...
totally kidding, i don't even care.
they're fun books though![/quote]
Laughing

[quote="Sherri"]anyway, right now i'm reading "nocturnes" by john connolly
and it's so good! and so dark and spooky...
ooo, perf for halloween time! oogedy boogedy : )[/quote]
I wonder if she's read The Book Of Lost Things?[/quote]

I remember in one post she made, she said she was reading The Book of Lost Things for the like 10th time or something. I saw it and decided to read it. It's probably the best book I've read in a while! I put Nocturnes on my Christmas list Smile
amandamae
Sea Post King

ok why is it that my quotes NEVER work. ugh.
Last edited by amandamae on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

9 pages? you snickerdoodlians. that is ridic. I quit reading after page 2 or so.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Some people have broken sarcasm detectors, Laughing

It's half the fun.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Pantheon4 wrote:

It's half the fun.

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

There's generally two reasons we have for reading. One is for enjoyment and the other for edification. As far as enjoyment goes, there is a whole genre (escape fiction,) which exist so we can pretty much get away from everything and let our imaginations run wild, which is just as necessary to our well being as anything else we do! So let's chill, and enjoy for gosh sakes! Very Happy
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

mikep0922 wrote:
There's generally two reasons we have for reading. One is for enjoyment and the other for edification. As far as enjoyment goes, there is a whole genre (escape fiction,) which exist so we can pretty much get away from everything and let our imaginations run wild, which is just as necessary to our well being as anything else we do! So let's chill, and enjoy for gosh sakes! Very Happy

So... people don't enjoy edification?

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>