Laughing City
lazerbith
Sea Post King

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for?

i would like to see less hole in the wall bars with bad sound and bad stench. indianapolis!! manchester orchestra!! calvin college has a great faith & music festival that brings in various performers... i.e. sufjan and emmylou harris, etc.

also, it'd be great if they could afford to get a teeny mini orchestra to go around with them to certain shows. add triangle or banjo or violin to whatever song. special!

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

i'd love to see stacy bring her beats to the stage and go at it. something new. we cant deny a lot of us have heard lady get away in its compelete geniusness. i'd like to see eisley get past the 'rock' sound, in general. im just one person, but i value the girls voices more than loud rock noise. they could win over so many people with their harmonies alone, on stage, with nothing else. i just miss stacy singing lady of the wood all alone on stage. quiet. mood lighting. it was amazing.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

i like eisley because of their down on the farm appeal. the quirky other worldly vibe. i would hate for eisley to emulate other 'rockband' lifestyles. they are not like other bands. and you know what. im gonna go ahead and say it. god is cool. hes cooler than anyone you know. its okay to love god. you dont have to hide it to appease other people. and i hope eisley (as a band and a persons) wont ever do that. also...sorry, but. swearing isnt cool. it never was. but i mean, whatever!

What kind of record are you expecting?

creative songs that push them ABOVE the industry. more of stacy and her organ!! less rock. ew. more of their folky soul showing through. more of that warm feeling of the family sitting around the christmas tree singing o holy night. speaking of, EISLEY CHRISTMAS ALBUM PLEASE PLEASE. come onnnn. mariah carey did it.

my favorite albums ever were the EP's. and i'll tell you why. i fell in love with eisley because they emulated an innocence that resonated in hearts. a throw back to childhood. i loved hearing stacys soft voice hit whirly high notes. i desperately miss those storybook songs. those 'weird' songs that told of daydreams. i loved the unproduced sound. perhaps less layers? of course any artist should push their creativity, but i truly loved the simplicity of those songs. like maybe if fleet foxes and eisley had a baby; a fairytale earthy folk baby. .

above all of that, i just want the band to make songs that they truly love. i remembered back during room noises years when sherri was TOILING over having to create a radio friendly song and ending up with that very forced 'my lovely'... please dont ever let that happen again. the radio friendly forcefulness. no one even listens to the radio anymore. COME ON.

no jewel cases! they crack and are such a hassle!

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations?

i think eisley sounds best after they've had a good sleep and a good shower. that way they're more focused on ruling the stage instead of feeling tired and grimey. seriously. figure out a way to tour so that everyone can be rested on an every other day basis or something!! we notice the extra zap in their performance (or lack thereof)!

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?a nd Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph.

eisley does NOT belong on mtv. mtv has deluded into a trash heap. i sorta wish they would move to a non major label or become completely independent. didnt hanson do that? are they still making money?
and
i am 25. b.a. in photo. i dress like i wish i were alive in the 60's and my favorite things are jesus, the beach boys, green tea, beach cruisers, and cupcakes.

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

danielson. noah and the whale. johnny cash.
its fun to listen to bands that havent blown up. its neat knowing that 8 billion other people havent heard it yet. makes it special.
i discover new bands via music blogs (hype), and myspace band friends.

i fear eisley touring with another girl fronted band (one is enough)... i also fear them touring with say anything. no diss to sherris bf but i dont think i can handle the touch myself song in person. eeep. also, please no more poppunk bands in general. a lot of my friends wont even take eisley seriously as a band because they toured with nfg and tbs. they need to do a tour with an esteemed indie band. someone with street cred, ya'll.

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

its tough. lets pretend you played in chicago. thats 60 bucks in gas alone. not to mention ticket and hotel. a girls gotta pay bills! and it sucks because by the time we've paid for everything we dont have any money for merch. and isnt that how bands truly make their money money?

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

sherri fake art tattoos.

What do you want to see in my lo-fi studio videos this time around?

i would love to see more of the band in their natural habitat. maybe have sherri give a tour of her art wall. record stacy practicing songs in her room. hallooween candy. chauntelle telling about her favorite things. cute stuff!

oh yeah. and CHRISTMAS ALBUM. did i say that earlier? here... i'll say it again now. CHRISTMAS ALBUM. and then you can make videos of cookies baking and christmas elves and crap.
Last edited by lazerbith on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:51 am; edited 3 times in total
theauthenticsimpsonian
Sea Post King

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

I live in Connecticut, so having more shows in New York would be fine for me. A show in Connecticut would be great, but I don't expect that to happen.

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

I would like to see more singles/videos for the new album since the last one had one song that was pushed, and that's it.

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

Their job here is never complete! Or at least as long as they keep performing, I'll keep listening. Will they be extremely popular and have records that sell 10 million copies? Who knows, though if that happens that would be great since you deserve it, but it doesn't matter too much to me. I really don't know what's in future for the band, to be honest.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

If Eisley changed their style to try to be a popular band just for the sake of selling records I probably wouldn't listen to them. However, I don't expect them to do that. That doesn't mean they can't experiment with new musical styles. If they somehow make an awesome rap or classical album, more props to them. I like them since they feel a regular family (which they are). I like that I can email the band members and actually get a response back. I like banter during the concerts, rather than just playing music and saying the names of the songs, which can be ok, but it's not quite the experience.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

The only thing I really like having on the album is a song like Trolleywood or Combinations and If You're Wondering that closes out the album. That's all that the album really needs, to me. Before that, do whatever you want. And even then, do whatever you want. Wink

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

The more shows the better? Honestly, there's really no wrong venue, as long as it's reasonable (I don't think they're quite ready for a stadium tour, but one day, who knows). As for how early, I don't mind hearing songs before they're released, though when I did see them on the acoustic tour Combinations had been out for a week.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

I don't think Eisley needs pyrotechnics, if that's what you mean. Lights and color is fine, but not so much that it distracts from the show.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

Your response goes here

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

The acoustic show I saw was fantastic. I would LOVE to see another show like that, though it fits better in a smaller venue.

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

Your response goes here

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

Only me, sadly, from my family. As for friends, a friend introduced me to you, but I don't know if anyone else listens to you. Oh, I'm also 21.

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

I mostly listen to bands that friends tell me about, which is how I found Eisley in the first place. As for a sample of my last purchased or listened to music, Hercules and Love Affair, Ladytron, The Pipettes (though I have no clue what the new lineup sounds like), Lucky Soul, and Tegan and Sara. Also I found some old Blondie records in the house and have been listening to those.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

I don't use Myspace, Facebook, LastFM, etc., though I do frequent Sherri, Stacy and Christie's Flickr pages, if that counts. Pictures are more fun, anyway. The only time I use Myspace is to listen to a new song or something that has only been posted there.

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

Everyone will be hurt in the new economy, so I guess Eisley will be included. As for how much I spend on music lately, I'll set money aside for an album I know I want to listen to, such as the new Eisley album, but I might reconsider getting an album by someone I'm really not sure of.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Last edited by tahruh on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

Baltimore! D.C. is fine and all, but Baltimore is a lot closer

I'd like a place to buy merch online, and more music videos. And just for them to keep doing what they doing, they haven't not met my expectations.. i'm just greedy. Laughing
Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

No! Never! Haha.. I just want to see them to continue making music. There are more souls out there who have not felt the magic of Eisley, and I still haven't gone to an Eisley show yet.

I love Eisley for their creativity, their harmonies, their music, their lyrics. I love Eisley's older stuff, like the songs about mystical creatures and reaaally out-of-the-box stuff. But I also love the simple, more mainstream music. Such as their love songs, or the songs from Combination. Which aren't as unusual, but still so so beautiful. Their all so very down to earth too, and very non snobbish and cocky.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

I want more songs, like 14 or 15 on the album, haha. I want a big mix. Like a clashing of Room Noises and Combinations.. but better. Love Songs, songs that rock hardcore (hah) like Many Funerals, with the heavy guitar, and also the quiet acoustic songs. I don't want them to write what they think should be written (conforming to what WB dictates, or the pressure from society) but what they want to write about. Eisley just needs to keep on making music however they see fit. And I don't care much about packaging. oh, oh, and i'm expecting A LOT more Chauntelle! Please! WIth some amazing Chauntelle solos, and greaat harmonies with all their voices.

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

Early! But really any time Eisley is ready, I'm just impatient. I would love to go to an Eisley show during winter break.. but spring is good enough too. I'd like a few new songs thrown in the mix, whatever Eisley feels comfortable with. But I don't want them to forget their old stuff too. I don't think long rests will hurt Eisley, but it won't help. However, it's not good for the band to always be on the road.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

I want small, personal, intimate shows. However, I wouldn't mind a big show, I just want to see Eisley. But I don't care much about the appearance of it, jazzy lights and elaborate stage set ups are not necessary for me at all. I've never been to an Eisley show, but I like banter. They don't need to bring it to the next level, their music skillsss are beyond the next level.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

I think it was toured too little. I want shows with them headlining, but also them opening. cos i want a chance to be able to see them after their set... but with headlining it's more Eisley. so, it's about even.
I'd try to go to every Eisley show happening in my area.

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

Acoustic touring is very nice, in my opinion. It presents the songin a great, intimate way. And they just seem very nice, more personal, more honest. The harmonies seem more striking too.

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

I don't even care about the industry. I don't listen to most contemporary music, becos I dislike it. I think that having Eisley on a major label is too limiting for Eisley. WB doesn't seem like it's doing crap for Eisley, and I think they'd be better on any other label that would give them more freedom and help promote them. They'd probably be better doing it themselves, but I dunno how possible that is for Eisley. But I would love to see Eisley on the television. And radio play too, though I don't listen to it. I just want to get Eisley out there, but I want them to retain their essential Eisley-ness.
I love art and music. I listen to more older stuff like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac. I really love Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, though. I like to drive around in my friggen big SUV blasting Eisley with the bass turned waaay up. no lie, i always get evil looks for that. I hate teenybopper music like Paramore and Fall Out Boy.
How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

I'm 16, about 3 of my friends like Eisley A LOT. A few others think they're songs are okay, and the rest listen to crap they get from MTV siiigh. My dad likes Eisley, he likes their harmonies and the way they trade up the lyrics as opposed to "this is a Stacy Song cos Stacy is singng it"
I am both?

Right now I'm getting into Fleetwood Mac a lot. My favorite bands are The Beatles, Someone Still Loves You Boris Yelstin, Neutral Milk Hotel, Fleetwood Mac.. I really like George Harrison. I don't mind bands that get big per say. But I dislike bands that.. 'sell out' and I do tend to get more disinterested in a band that is suddenly becoming one of those 'MTV' bands... always on MTV, and stupid teenyboppers claiming them as their favourite cos of their single. Anyway, I get my bands from people whos musical tastes I respect and recommend them to me. I usually listen to older stuff that I get from my dad though. I try to buy the record that way I have a hard copy of it and can put it on my iPod. And I also like the CD art, and just like being able to hold it in my hand. I don't think Eisley should tour with bands you see on MTV. I think they should tour with more 'indie' type bands... like SSLYBY... please? that would be beyond epic.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

I can only think of Facebook ... I have no idea what LastFM.com even is. and I dunno where else you could put Eisley online.

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

NO. I think Eisley needs more promotion, I dunno how. But put more singles out there, more music videos. I dunno how, but they just need more exposure. And then the people who've been exposed need to tell all their friends.

Yes! I will! I am broke as crap, but I really love Eisley and I am going to do all in my power to support them 100%. I do think that the economic situation will hurt Eisley, the only way I can think of helping them is to lower the prices. that way more people are persuaded to buy merch or go to shows since Eisley itsself if a good reason with their amazing music. if you make it cheap then they'll be even MORE willing to buy stuff, and buy more of it, and make their friends buy more.
What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

T-Shirts, Posters, Zip up hoodies, Pullover Hoodies, Tote Bags, Posters, Buttons, Stickers are all things I want. Definitely online! Cos not everyone can make it to the shows, and it's easier buying things online in case things runout at the shows. But it's good to have merch tables... and that would be nice to have Eisey in stores. The only store I can think of is Hot Topic. But I'm that into Hot Topic, but I'd definitely buy Eisley merch wherever I could get it.

Behind the scenes stuff. Like them preparing, and talking about whats going on. Just how everyday life is for them/what they do. And then new songs, showing new harmonies, melodies, guitar/piano riffs.. and a chauntelle solo Very Happy

-Mae West
Last edited by kathymunster on Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

WISH LIST FOR EISLEY 2009

Don't shy away from the unicorn barbie rock past. Embrace it! It's awesome. It's Eisley. Besides, the last time Rolling Stone was right about something music-related was three decades ago.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes

All of the above, combined with their genuineness, personableness, accessibility, honesty and really dorky sense of humor.

I want to hear whatever songs they want me to hear, and I want them how they're meant to be heard. The free reign and broad resources of the last album recording should be duplicated and augmented. You can do great things design-wise with a digi-pack.

And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

I don't think Eisley can be over-saturated, as they don't have canned responses or personalities or in any other way seem cheesy, disingenuous or trying too hard. Those are the things people get sick of. Throw as much mud as possible at the proverbial wall, because anywhere it sticks is good.

Eisley's one of those bands where, when seeing them live, I don't dance, sing, and I sure as hell don't look at the lights. Just listen. That's an experience unto itself, and I don't see a need to dress it up. It would only detract from the music. The only things I can think of to improve the live show are setlist variation and the reappearance of the Rhodes.

I think it's important to keep supporting other acts to grow the fan base. Something Eisley hasn't done much of in the past, however, is play one-off dates while on a larger tour. I know time off is important, but it can never hurt to headline a small club the day before/after an opening gig, or to hit an outlying city on the way to somewhere else.

I flew across the country to see them play acoustic. Please continue. Nothing against W&G but stripped down and raw is how Eisley really shines.

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others

If there's such a thing as indie-stream, go for it. That, digital radio, college radio. I think a mini-major or indie label would not only be able to give Eisley the attention and marketing they deserve, but also know how to best use that attention and marketing.

As for me, I'm your typical underachiever. Things come easily to me whether or not I try. I learn languages for fun, do the crossword every day and read instead of doing my work. I love sports, politics, music, literature. One of those small-town(ish)-can't-wait-to-get-to-the-big-city kids. I do play Guitar Hero, though.

18. About half of my friends have been introduced to Eisley and liked it, and my mother is a (very casual) fan as well.

In this past week I've been listening to NMH, The Avett Brothers, Andrew Bird, Sleeping at Last, Anathallo, Portugal the Man, Jeremy Enigk, Bon Iver, Travis, Jack's Mannequin, Josh Ritter, Bell X1. I never use iTunes unless it's for an exclusive, and a band's popularity isn't what would either sway me to or deter me from listening to them. Total non-issue. I find new bands from friends, from last.fm but mostly from who's touring with who.

As for who Eisley shouldn't tour with, pretty much anyone (A) they've toured with before, or any band that the first band A has also toured with (this does not include bands Brand New has played with; acts like Manchester Orchestra or Anathallo would be awesome). They really really need to get out of that genre. I don't want to see any MxPx or Senses Fail or Paramore or Fall Out Boy anywhere near Eisley any time ever.

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

No on street teams and overall promotions. After nearly five years of failure you'd think they'd realize that they've been still throwing the band at people who aren't interested. Last album cycle gave an exclusive to absolutepunk, which is a good music news site and has a few Eisley fans. However, the majority of kids there aren't interested, they're fans of the acts Eisley tours with, and not Eisley itself.

I do my best to see Eisley whenever and wherever I can. Not only is going to shows the best way I can support artists I love, it's my ultimate pasttime in terms of enjoyment. I think bands like Eisley won't have much trouble if they get on to the right tours... Now that money's tight for people there will be more incentive to go to shows if they like more than the headliner or more than the opening act. Building strong tours with broad yet similar fan bases should keep rooms full, even if wallets aren't.

Online would be great. And do retail stores other than Hot Topic routinely carry band merch?

I loved the videos from the RN recordings, seeing the band interact as people, as friends and family and not solely a band. Hand over the camera sometime and see what they can do; Stacy's video to a Kashmir song was really neat.

Vintage Newbie

Come back to Athens, Ga! Big college town and musical factory. Y'all came here in 2005 a few months after I heard of Eisley, but didn't know of the tour. Sad (plus I was in school living in Atlanta at the time.) I'm sure you could get a good following of college kids from around here.

I don't really have any expectations, they've already been beaten. You guys are the only band I know that connects with the fan base so closely. I don't really go to a lot of bands websites, but the ones I've been to don't have forums and I only know one other forum that has as nice of people Love . Some have journals, but they don't post stuff from their Flickr accounts and random drawings. Certainly not on a regular basis.

Job on earth is definitely not done! I want to see y'all get the recognition you deserve.

First part definitely. I love that they're down to earth.

I'm expecting another good album. Wink I love both albums, but if I had to pick a favorite it'd be Room Noises, but not by too much. I've never heard anything like it, and that's why I got hooked on Eisley. How ever #3 sounds, I'm pretty sure I'll like it too. But if it has a few Room Noise-ish songs on it, that's all the better. It should be longer than Combinations.

Not really sure on this one. I guess when the album hits? The spring tour was cool. People are at home/school in the Spring. If you wait till Summer, vacations can get in the way, and college towns are dead(at least Athens is).

I think how the last tour was is fine. I don't really think lasers and smoke and pyrotechnics would mesh that great with the style. Laughing Nice lights are good though.

Headlining is great. Long set, and all that. But it couldn't hurt to open for a big band a few times... Just don't be the first out of 4 openers and plays 2 songs. At $15 a ticket, every time you show up I'd be there Very Happy Once you go up to 30-45 opening for a big band, then less certainly. I'm a not-so-rich college kid. Embarassed

I didn't make the acoustic tour, but judging from the videos on youtube, it was good. I like the full instrumentation better though. I think it'd be cool at in-stores, but not sure about a whole tour.

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

Not sure about the industry. WB certainly hasn't helped much. I guess they got you to Sundance, that was cool. If you can make more $$ on a smaller label, go for it. As long as I can buy a CD somewhere, it doesn't bother me.

I don't have a clue how to stereotype myself. I'm not in a scene or anything. I drive a '95 Corolla, but I have a '71 Ford Maverick to play around with. I'm a computer building nerd, I like video games. I was studying mechanical engineering, but now I'm gonna major in electronics. I'm into photography and art, the outdoors and astronomy. I love music. I listen to anything from Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan to R.E.M. and Radiohead. The only genres I don't get is death metal and the hip hop they play on MTV.

I'm 22. My old roommates have listened to Eisley, but only one seemed to get it. I'm sure a few of my friends more into indie type stuff would be into them if I sat em down and made them listen. A few others are the frat boy type, so they're into either hip hop or crap like Bob Seger and Bruce Springsteen.

My brother listens to them sometimes. My mom might like them, she always asks me who's playing when I'm on my computer, but she's never asked to borrow my cds.

This very moment I'm listening to Alkaline Trio. I listen to music that I like. If I heard it on the radio and they're the new big thing, then that's fine. If I'm the 8th person to hear them, that's fine too. I usually find new stuff myself. Online mostly.. youtube mostly I guess.

I buy the record. It just feels so much better to have the disk and booklet..plus it sounds better. I don't like iTunes downloads unless that's the only way to get them.

It doesn't really bother me who Eisley tours with, I'm open to anything. For their sake though, I think the warped tour bands are out.

Not really sure on this, but I think Myspace is still the main one. I don't know the new hip music outlets. I don't go on myspace much at all. I have an account, but only so I can look at peoples pictures. Wink Facebook is what I use, but not much. I'm not real big on the social networking. I have one to keep up with friends around the state that I don't see often. But I'm not sure how bands work on there. Certainly step up the youtube channel. Put all the videos there that you post in the blog.

WB has not done a good job with promotion straight to people. The only street team stuff I've seen is one person on the forums when Combinations came out. She sent out stickers and some posters, but that was the last we heard of her.

Did WB get the Invasion video featured on youtube? They got that new years video on the main page, but we know how that turned out. I really don't know what they could do though. Make a new music video and get it featured on there and myspace.

I'd say get singles on the radio, but no one listens to big stations anymore. We have 4 or 5 major stations here. 1 is country, one's top 40 crap, and the others are rock. In the last 6 months they've all switched to mostly 80's music. No kids listen to radio anymore it seems. The only one that played just 90's to present alternative shut down and moved to HD radio in January.

I'll be there unless something stupid happens. I usually only buy a few CDs a year so I don't foresee much changing there. Certainly our new economic situation can't help, but hopefully it'll get better soon.

As many have said, posters and (bumper)stickers would be cool. Other than that, shirts and the usual is fine. Definitely get that online store up and running and of course merch tables! As for retail stores, I dunno. The only places I know that sell band stuff are a place downtown and Hot Topic, so I guess you could try there.

The webisodes were nice. Just a little window into the process and going-ons.

Whew! I only planned on answering the first question haha. Hope all this helps y'all out one way or another. Smile Keep up the good work Boyd, you da man! I hope you don't have a brain overload from reading all our stuff. Laughing

Sea Post King

Ideally, I'd like to see Eisley make at least one US tour of similar scope to the Combinations tour, and two national television appearances, be them performances on a show like Conan again (doing after he takes over for Leno would be totally boss), music video(s) played on whatever station still plays music videos, or what have you.

My expectations for Eisley have been met in every way the entire time I've been a fan. Never have I expected something that the band didn't deliver (and often did they deliver more than I expected). Where my expectations have not been met is by the label, by the main stream media, and by various other sources outside of the band. I suppose if I were to cite any fault with the band, it's that I wish they'd update their journal posts more often.

If the band were to announce that they thought that their mission had been accomplished, I'd be extremely upset. They have done so much, and so much more than I think the average person would be able to imagine they could do, but there is still so much more. I know that Eisley has changed my life, and I don't think they're work is done until they are able to ensure that everyone has the opportunity for their life to be touched in the same way. I see much bigger things in the future for them. I'm not sure I can state exactly what they are, but I know they aren't there yet.

I think my favorite thing about the band isn't the music, but who they are. I've only met them a few times and for but a brief time each, but between that and the contact through the website, I have come to know the members of the band and love them. As much as I love the music, the parts that make me smile the most, and every time I hear them, are the "DuPrees!" at the end of Silver Bugs, the dual "Thank you"s after the In an Aeroplane Over the Sea cover, and the "I gotta take off my jacket, ok, this is krunking my style" before The Escaping Song. These things ARE Eisley. It's not just the music, it's the people that make Eisley as great as it is. If they changed to become more like a typical rock band, especially if that change were unnaturally motivated, I would be beyond pissed.

Ideally, I'd like the next album to be a mix of Room Noises and Combinations. Room Noises, I think is a masterpiece. When I listen to Room Noises, I feel like I'm reading a book. The album is taking me on a journey, down some path, the ultimate destination of which I know not. There are periods of joy, some of sadness, some of surprise. This is what I felt was missing most from Combinations. There isn't a song on Combinations that I dislike, but when I listen to the album, I feel like I'm just listening to songs, not to some grander work. I suppose it might be fair to say that while the songs are what I might expect from Eisley, the album as a whole feels like something that an "ordinary rock band" would come out with. In an ideal world, I'd want the next album to recapture that "larger work leading me on a journey" feel that Room Noises has.

I also wish for more "fun" songs. I realize that the band is aging, and with that come new experiences that lead to different topics to be included in the songs, but I think that Combinations was missing the whimsy of the earlier works (EPs and Room Noises eras) and even some of the more recent B sides like Sunfeet and Marsh King's Daughter (which I agree didn't fit the main album). And maybe that's the problem, that Combinations was what it was is such great density that those other songs couldn't fit in.

For the other little tidbits I like the packaging that Combinations came in. I loved the two SKU release, the art, the everything, and I hope to see something like that again. I don't think that Eisley has anything to prove, and bands like Death Cab and Snow Patrol who made tons of albums before "hitting it big" show that the 3rd album isn't the last chance. Everything I know about the band implies to me that they are in it for the long haul, and I think they should plan for that and do now whatever it is that allows them to continue in the way they want. Think long term, because the short term is gone before you know it.

Darn you Boyd. You call it question 6 and then you ask 10 questions in it. Prepare for (another) long answer.

I think (in my not fully informed opinion) that it'd do them more good for them to tour while the album new and "hot." I'd say in that regard that the period 2-10 weeks after the release is ideal for a tour. I would expect to see a tour in probably March/April based on what I know from the journal posts. I would not like to see a tour before the album release. I find it hard to enjoy songs at concerts that I haven't heard before, usually because a concert isn't the best audio experience, and familiararity with the songs helps offset that. One-off shows are great, but I don't know how much they "help" the band. I suppose it's some exposure that they wouldn't have had before, but I don't think it's in any way as good as a full tour would be.

I don't think that there's such a thing as over-saturation for Eisley right now, and I daresay that any exposure they can get can only be good. I think taking an extended break would be bad, not because they would lose momentum or be forgotten or something like that, but as an opportunity loss, having wasted time that could have been spent promoting themselves. Of course, this should all be caveated with the statement that Eisley shouldn't do any shows, any tours, unless they absolutely want to. I can't think of anything worse than forcing them on the road when their heart isn't in it, and I want to see the same excitement that the Combinations tour had in future shows.

I think that the shows are good as they are. I feel that all Eisley needs is some decent lighting, decent sound, and a giant Eisley background. The acoustic Combinations shows had some lights moving in patterns behind them, and I'm not sure if that added anything, and may have even taken something away.

Far too little. There was really only one real tour, and it came way late in the cycle. I think touring as an opening act is fine, but if the opening act is "big" then you run into a cost issue for Eisley fans, the upside of course being that it's more exposure to new audiences who are going for the main act. I think a balance needs to be struck between pleasing existing fans with headlining and opening tours, and that the best metric is that Eisley should only open for bands that they want to open for, not bands that should/are allowed to open for.

If Eisley came by once a month, I'd be at every single show. So how many times a year? As many as you can. Realistically, I'd be happy with 2-2 shows a year, at least one of which is headlining.

The acoustic tour was cool, but it wasn't quite as cool as a non-acoustic show. I'd go to either type of show, but I think that perhaps the best way to have the acoustic side come out is with an acoustic release (maybe a few months after the main release) and more in-stores. That is, focus on the usual rock, and bring the acoustic to a more accessible side feature.

and

I think, and I think you think the same, that the music industry is crap and only getting worse. Where does Eisley fit? I think you know the answer to that as well. They don't. So what should they do? I don't think I can answer that. Ultimately, they should do what allows them to be happy, to do what they want, and as a secondary concern, reach the greatest audience. I don't know the industry well enough to know which of the 4 options you list there is best for the band.

As for who I am, I'm a college student, majoring in physics and astronomy. I'm a geek, and a vegan. Not sure what else to say here, so hopefully that helps some.

I'm 24 (discovered Eisley when I was 21). I know of only one other person who is a fan (not a friend, but someone with whom I share a number of classes, whose Eisley fandom I learned about from her Facebook. I've been able to get 4 of my friends to become fans of the band my exposing them, so I'd call myself an influencer.

I know it's work for you to have to click a link, but my last.fm profile speaks volume more about who I listen to than I could type here. I listen to artists who have music that I enjoy, regardless of what their status is (wildy popular or in such obscurity that ripping songs off their myspace page is the only way to get it).

I find new music almost primarily through last.fm recommendations, augmented by suggestions from friends, and also from random songs I stumble upon as used in television shows (primarily Scrubs). In finding new music, I'll download some from the internet (free I'm afraid). If I find that I like the group enough that they are worth support from my limited fund for such things, I, I will then purchase the album and search for nearby concerts I can go to.. I will only purchase digital content if there is no physical version available, and even then I will only do so grudgingly. The physical version doesn't even have to be all that great (a CD in extra cheap packaging would have been highly preferred to iTunes only for the LTA EP).

I think that eisley.com and myspace.com are the important places to be. I will say that I think it's important that information be mirrored on them though; as it is not sometimes info will be put on myspace but not here. The way I see it, as fans want more and more information they move from myspace->eisley.com->the journals, and in going from one to the other, information should only ever increase, never decrease in quantity. Other than that, I think that Eisley has a fine online presence.

I can't comment too much on this. I can say that I think the reason Eisley isn't bigger isn't because of any "street" level stuff, but rather a lack of exposure on a more national level; in stores, on TV, and on the radio.

I'll make sure I see Eisley every time they come within 150 miles of me. More casual fans though, I don't know. The economy is rather sour though, and I'm sure there's a measurable effect from it for all bands. My best suggestion would be to concentrate not on making money right now, as much as you can. Try to think of content that can be put out for free, be it because it's streaming instead of available for download, or because it's some extra track that wouldn't have been released otherwise and thus nothing else would have come out of it, or something else. The more I can say "hey, check this out" and provide a link, the easiest it is to grow Eisley's base, and a bigger base means more people who might have money to spend.

First and foremost, an online store. I want to be able to, at any time, buy merchandise from you. Ideally, you'd offer all the albums, plus a rotating stock of shirts, hoodies, buttons, stickers, and bumper stickers, with both simple Eisley logos, as well as Sherri art. One complaint I have about the Eisley merch of past is that often the art on the shirts isn't what I'd want on a shirt, and there isn't normally a more "basic" option. I'd far prefer for the merch to remain high quality, even if the price if high. I don't want to buy an Eisley shirt and be disappointed in the quality.

For where, online is, I think, the most important place. In stores, you should focus on getting the latest album there, but that's it. Shows need to have merch, but a smaller variety than the online store offers is acceptable there.

I'd like to see them actually get up! :p

Thanks. bd
You're welcome. Mike

Sea Post King

Short and sweet:

I would love a release of I Could Be There For You (with the NEW INTRO!!!!)
My word, it's so bittersweet!!

Combinations and the #3rd record should be released on vinyl. Yeah. Room Noises on vinyl is twice as good.

Singles could be pushed more . . . I think Invasion could have been a big hit on radio (not because it sounds like the other mindless music on the radio, but only simply because it was incredibly grabbing and hooky). Music videos!!!! More music videos!! More tv appearances (like Conan)!!

Combinations was practically perfect in every way, to quote Mary Poppins. It not only matched my expectations for Eisley, it exceeded them. You've done it already in my book. No pressure for album 3, you guys already hung the moon, musically speaking.

A cover of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams!! This could be a hidden track or b-side or something.
boyd
Eisleyoid

This is great. Thanks so much. Try to use the brighter type if u r able. No matter... you guys are gold. Still working on video as I type (well... as i'm importing a fat file). I have read every word. Keep it coming. cya.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

INFORMAL QUESTIONAIRE. ANSWER ANY OR ALL OR NONE.

I'm really hoping for a hybrid of Ep & Room Noise lyrics (the ones that paint very detailed pictures in your head) and Combinations lyrics (more superb lyrics, but no images in my head, which was a disappointment) To clarify: I love the physical/visual lyrics from Room Noises (i.e. "shining motor cars and eyeglasses full of stars", etc.) and I liked certain lyrics from Combinations (i.e. "she's made of sulfur in the night," "and my stilts they began cracking...[ten cent blues has amazingly visual lyrics!!! more of that please! Smile]", basically the visual ones).
I really want Eisley to tour with Vedera again! (Eisley Headlining, of course) I'd like another music video.... a long the lines of I Wasn't Prepared (minus random actors talking or music) and Memories (i love love love indie music videos that are artsy).

(use font color to code this and simply toss in this color so
I'll have uniform color-analogous response: #c9d577

I love how Eisley's music is an escape from normal reality. I really like that. Their earlier music really created new lands that you could linger in and just forget about life. Smile I just love the stories they tell. I remember when I first got into Eisley, I loved how listening to their music felt like reading a book. Please do more of that! Very Happy More stories.

Embrace your indie-ness! I see Eisley becoming totally creatively in control, possibly starting their own thing away from a label. They still have many beautiful songs to share with us! Including Wings & Windows, and other beautiful ones that fell through the cracks. No, your job is NOT done.

I do not wish Eisley would go "bad". Frankly, it would ruin Eisley for me!! I really embraced the innocence of their earlier music. So much of music today is about being experienced in everything under the sun: sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. Please maintain your difference from the other bands around you! Also, please don't curse in your music. That would really ruin the whole innocence thing.... and it's hard to find GOOD music without cussing in it nowadays. so... PLEASE don't cuss. Smile
Also, I whole-heartedly agree with whoever above said that it's OK to love God!! Smile Don't be afraid to be direct about it when asked. God is AWESOME Very Happy

My dream Eisley record:
EPIC PROPORTIONS! Cardboard (not jewel case), beautiful artwork (not super creepy/morbid, perhaps?), lush production and mix, and at least 12 songs. Smile Maybe even a concept album? That would be fun. aaand sorry, but I'm one of those "no vampires" people. so ya. Smile

I don't really have an opinion on this. :/
But could you guys come to Arkansas within the next four years? lol I'm going to college in Arkansas next year, so I wanna be able to see you guys!!

I loved the smaller shows I've been to of Eisley. Acoustic tour was AMAZING. So enjoyable. Everything I imagined an Eisley concert would be. Please have more concerts in like auditoriums where people can sit and just enjoy the music. As far as more production, maybe slightly themed costumes or stage pretty things up a bit? I would love really cool lighting effects and really good sound (not so loud it's distorted, please).... and possibly the Rhodes??? I miss it terribly. :/ I think fog would be cool. or like some trees or something awesome that really made a complementing atmosphere to Eisley's music. Smile I think that would be really cool! Or maybe tvs that show pictures of things that go with the music for people who can't understand what's going on? I know that from experience cause I'm HOh (hard of hearing) and understanding singing & speech at concerts is a problem for me.
One thing I really liked about the acoustic tour was how they all dressed up nice (and the shows where they wore Ben Sherman garb), it really adds to the visuals. I think more sensory the better as far as their shows go. Smile
More stage effects would take Eisley's show to the next level for me.

I think Combinations could have toured a little more. Twice a year would be awesome to see Eisley, but once a year is fine. Smile It keeps 'em special to me. Please keep headlining shows.

I LOVED THE ACOUSTIC TOUR!!!! The vocals were pristine and I could hear and understand very well. it was sooo enjoyable. Smile Please do another one or two or three!!!! Very Happy

Please stick to indie roots. Maybe move to an Indie record company? Smile No MTV, please...

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others

Eisley's fans are very diverse.
I am an 18 year old girl who is a Christian, and a songwriter who loves creative music. Some of my favorite bands are (besides Eisley) Beatles, Anathallo, BarlowGirl, Classic Crime, Fair, Feist, Fireflight, Hundred Year Storm, The Hush Sound, Keith Green, Leeland, Miss Angie, The Myriad, She & Him, Showbread, Starflyer 59, Sixpence None The Richer, and Superchick.

I'm 18. hmm... 20% of my friends like Eisley about 100% of them know I like Eisley. They mention stuff about Eisley to me if they hear an Eisley song or something. My sister likes Eisley a lot. I influenced her. I influenced at least 3 people for Eisley. Smile

When bands "blow up" like say, Paramore or Flyleaf, it turns me off. I feel like they aren't as genuine. I love how personal Eisley is to their fans. I've been listening to Pandora for new bands, but I haven't really found any "new" bands. Mostly old bands that I'm just now discovering.
Please do not tour with a different scene (i.e. punk rock.). I want to be able to enjoy an Eisley concert with other people who do so as well!

People are shifting towards Facebook.

WB is a waste, if you ask me. :/ What have they done? They backed out of the Invasion video! Sad

If they are near I will try my best and will most likely go see them as well as buy the CD. Smile

Please sell more stickers! Also could you sell like awesome B-sides at shows? That would be super fun!! More tote bags. And some great shirts. Please pic a variety of designs both beautiful and quirky. I didn't see a design I was comfortable with last tour.

Lots of music previews!!! Little snippets and stuff to get us excited! Very Happy

Thanks. bd[/quote]

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
Last edited by fragileaswelie on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

First and foremost I listen to Eisley because of their music obviously. The fact that they are normal people that don't seem to relate to the rock and roll lifestyle adds to the appeal. Morals are always a plus in my book. There needs to be more down to earth people.

A record that's around 40-50 minutes is good for me. Of course I would be fine if they time, money and interest lead them to pull a Coheed and Cambria and bust out a 79 minute album. I like variety in the songs, some longer (5 minutes or so) and some shorter, some edgier and some more smooth. Packaging doesn't matter, I usually only keep the booklet and CD anyway.

Waking Ashland came to Seattle twice in 2 1/2 months one summer, the first to get the word out that they were releasing the record and the second to back it up. A rare case I understand but it seemed pretty effective. Supported the first, headlined the second. I'm not too sure as to all the politics involved with touring...I just go see bands that I like.

For Eisley I would dislike the big production. I love chill shows.

I'm a sucker for acoustic songs and arrangements. I'm not sure if it would promote them too much but I'd see it if it worked out with my schedule.

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph.

I'm just a consumer so I'd tend to say screw what the industry thinks. I don't care much for whether a band is big or not. I listen to the music I like. I'm just an average kid saving up money for college. I have some big dreams but I'm not sure whether or not they'll happen.

I'm 21. I talk to my friends about Eisley but they don't seem to care much for the style.

I'm listening to Tiger Army. I seek out bands to like, I'm always game to try something new and generally tend to shy away from genres. I buy records, I don't use itunes; I like the packaging. I usually find bands through suggestions and openers at the concerts I go to. As for who not to tour with, I don't think there should be restrictions at all. The Aquabats opening for Primus was just about the greatest thing in the world.

If Eisley hadn't opened for New Found Glory I would have never ever heard of them.

I love concerts and go to see the bands I like as much as time and money allow.

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

I would really like Eisley to perform in Canada but not just in Montreal and Toronto. I realize Canada is a massive country with cities far apart but there are some major cities close to the border. Maybe Eisley could open for a Canadian act?

I expect eisley to grow into the kind of band who can fill one thousand seat venues consistently at the end of the next record cycle. Anyone who is really into music would know who they are but they won't necessarily be known by casual music fans.

I think they haven't made their best record yet. They need a defining record, like how War defined U2's sound. Their job continues to be to make beautiful music in contrast the cynacism and self-absorption that is rampant in pop music.

I like Eisley for their quirky, original music but their lack of attitude makes me root for their success. However, Garron and Weston in leather jackets and a few TV's thrown through hotel windows could do wonders for their rep.

I would love songs that combine the "rawness" of their earlier songs like Head Against The Sky with the new vocal and instrumental textures that the songs on Combinations have. I am having a hard time putting this into words as I don't know the first thing about playing music but I can say that A Sight To Behold kind of represents what I'm describing. Of course, I don't want it sounding too much like anything they did before.

I think opening for another band well before the new album is out with a few new songs would be just fine but any headlining situation is better cooinciding with a new album. I find concerts much more fun if I have gotten to know the songs first. As for taking a long break from the road, I think having/taking their time to write new songs is a good thing.

I wouldn't want to see a big flashy production with pyrotechnics but a few added elements might enhance the show. A backdrop with a projector throwing interesting images on to it would be cool.

I think one headlining tour per album is enough unless the album gains a lot of momentum after it had been out a while. One more tour opening for a bigger band would have been nice. I would gladly see Eisley 3 or 4 times in a year.

I would much rather see Eisley plugged in and reserve the acoustic sets for in-store performances.

The industry as it was is dying. Music probably will move mostly away from physical media distribution making distribution cheaper and large record companies less necessary. Promotion and marketing could be just as easily be handled by a mini-major or an indie. A smaller label might actually pay attention to someone Eisley -sized.

I am a computer nerdish, sci-fi lovin', music obsessed human who goes to art galleries and live theater wishing he was artistically inclined but is satisfied with being scientifically inclined.

I am a late Gen-Exer of 34 years but I don't dig Douglas Copeland. I am definately more likely to introduce friends and family to new music than to learn about new music from friends and family. This has not translated into any of my friends listening to Eisley, yet.

Right now my playlist consists of Aimee Mann, Haley Bonar, Kings of Leon, Rilo Kiley, and Jenny Lewis. The popularity of a band doesn't have much influence on me one way or the other. I discover most of my music in online forums or chat rooms. I also will check out acts recommended by bands I like or acts that the band are touring with.

I look at bands' myspaces very regularly and look at myspace bulletins on a daily basisI I do look at what bands others on last fm are listening to from time to time.

I will answer that by saying I would never have heard of Eisley if a friend in Houston had not sent me a song. Having more TV shows using their music would help or even just doing regional talk shows might help.

I don't expect my ability to buy music or concert tickets to change in 2009. I think high gas prices will make people less willing to drive a long way to see bands and will make touring more expensive. The optimist in me thinks people might want to escape from their worries with entertainment.

Online and merch tables would be best

I like hearing the band discuss the new songs they are working on

guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

INFORMAL QUESTIONAIRE. ANSWER ANY OR ALL OR NONE.

Hmm...there isn't much in the way of festivals here...just come to Utah...I think that's pretty much it. and try out venues like Solid Ground Cafe and Studio 600. They're cleaner than In The Venue, etc. and while I'm dreaming...Abravanel Hall or somewhere at one of our universities...The University of Utah, Utah State, even BYU...

No, don't stop! Keep swimming! Of course, when the band feels ready, and wants to, they can. but as a fan, as long as they want to continue, I want them to continue.

NO NO NO! Eisley does not need to be like that! That kind of attitude keeps me away. I love your friendliness and warmth. Keep it and be yourselves. Yes, Eisley's good vibe, creativity, etc. definitely have helped keep me around. I don't feel that the members of the band are different from me, and because of that I don't feel alienated.

I think I prefer smaller shows over bigger shows. I get so involved with the music, I could never be bored. I don't think you need to spend a lot of money. The music will speak for itself. Of course, feel free to experiment. But you don't need to do anything fancy to impress me.

Hmm, maybe the right amount? I like it when they headline. but I also like going when they open (on a school night especially) because then I can get home earlier. I used to go to concerts often. I think I went to 50 or 60 in a span of just a few years. I'm past going to the vast majority concerts at this point. Eisley is really one of only a handful of bands I will ever go see again. I will always go see them if they're in town.

I loved going to the Acoustic Tour because I could hear the voices so clearly. No strain, no fuss- just pure vocal goodness. It wasn't pointless but instead it was a very special experience.

and

Industry? Man, I have no clue! If major labels hurt Eisley, then I want them to not be on a major label. I want to connect with Eisley through eisley.com and Laughing City- not through outside sources.
Eisley's peers are bands that do what they want and enjoy the music that they make. Who? hmm...
I am 19 years old and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and my faith is very important to me. I am a college student, I'm majoring in French, I want to make my living in free lance web design...I'm a violinist...I love classical music...and unique, inspiring, emotional, etc. music. I love reading and learning.

I'm 19, turning 20 in December. I got my best friend to love Eisley, and my brother too. My parents enjoy them, too. I am an influencer, for sure. 99% of the music on my brother's iPod comes from me.

Right now...Les Misérables! Lots and lots of classical music including Mozart's Concerto No.3 for violin, Sarasate's Carmen, Bach partitas, The Butterfly Lovers' Concerto... Fleet Foxes, Grégory Lemarchal, Camille, Eisley...I listen to what I connect with emotionally. I usually focus on the vocals. Gotta have the vocals...I don't really care if a band is blowing up. I just have to have the personal connection, and I'm hooked. Finding new bands...hmm...just whatever I happen upon that I like. I buy records from Amazon, stores, etc. and use iTunes if I can't find the record or don't want to wait for it to come from Amazon. hmm...Eisley shouldn't tour with bands that disrespect them...that's for sure...Eisley should always be able to be who they are. I dunno...any bands that kill good feelings.

I will buy everything that Eisley puts out, whether I have money or not (parents will provide if I have 0$) and I will always come to see them, bringing as many friends/family members as I can, and buying as much merch as is feasible.

Merch at shows and online! I'm a collector. Smile Especially when a tour doesn't come here, I would like the option to acquire the merch somehow.

Eisley being Eisley...everybody being themselves, no worries...Sherri gushing about Twilight Wink song writing processes...instruments being played...

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
Last edited by guitargirl on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

I would like to see the band play more University/College shows if possible.

I like Eisley bc they are themselves and you can tell that thru their music as well.

Headlining shows rule.

I would see the band if they played here everyday... they're one of my faves so I would go out of my way to make sure I can see them Smile

Combinations tour was amazing. Something about their positive vibe and energy which was AWESOME and rubbed off on me and all my friends. And that's so great esp after all the hard times u guys have been facing. That's true inspiration right there Very Happy

The ACOUSTIC TOUR WAS INTENSE!! I LOVE LOVE LOVED it. The girls truly beautiful voices soared thru the room. Raw, lovely, not boring at all. Beautiful and special night that was.(Houston-meridian)
I actually think it was a good idea to do the ACOUSTIC tour bc many people have already seen Eisley's regular sets. On the other hand if they're a newb to Eisley, they prob want to see a regular set first.

I don't care what label they go on, whatever you guys think is best. But seems to me as though most bands are getting screwed by major's and moving to indies.

Discover most bands from online or thru friends.
listening to MEW, maps & atlases, mewithoutyou, thursday (one of my other fave bands - surprisingly i think they get stereotyped into this dumb genre that is not even true of who they are. their music's full of compassion and beautiful melodies and other times a sense of urgency and chaos - it's so awesome!)
and blah blah blah. Last.fm is great.

Ideas for survival - stop drinking so much coffee and chai? Razz This goes for myself as well....i spend so much money on starbucks and indie coffee shops every month. Meh.
I think I could hopefully still see shows and buy cd's. U can set aside money for the things u love, I guess, since shows aren't everyday anyway.(I usually only see my faves so it should be fine)
lucia
Sea Post King

Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

Oh well, I'd love to see them in Buenos Aires, Argentina, obviously. There is a place here, La Trastienda, where artists that I find similar (well, not similar, but that maybe are in the same scene?) to Eisley have played. Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band played there. I think it'd be a great place for Eisley to play.

Hmm well, just a new great album Smile and hopefully it'll be released in my country, too. Also, I wish that the website continues to be updated as much as it is now, because it's great Smile

Again, that their music gets to the rest of the world, too. Like, touring and CDs released. It's not like expectations, more like hoping, since I know it's expensive.

The reason I love Eisley is because the music is so different, so unlike what's out there. I don't even think it fits into a genre. As long as the music continues to be different and special, the attitude of the band does not change my opinion on them.

I wish to continue seeing growth in Eisley, as I have seen in both albums so far. More importantly, I want songs that are true to the band. I don't want Eisley to write certain kinds of songs just because fans want them to. I want Eisley to write what Eisley feels. As for the packaging, I want it not to add to the prize of the CD. Unluckily, CDs are expensive, and I don't think that packaging is all that important, or to be more clear, I don't think it needs to be fancy. It can be beautiful and still simple.

Again, I want Eisley to tour when it feels natural to them. I think Eisley as a band knows better when they'll be able to do the best tour they can do than anyone else. Although, to be honest, I'd rather wait until the CD comes out to listen to the music, so we can listen to the unfinished material.

Smaller shows. I think it fits best with the Eisley vibe, and again, money unluckily is an issue. More effects would mean having to pay more unnecessary money, when really we're going to see Eisley play, not to see the effects.

I think that with two (and a third on its way) albums out, it'd be better to headline a show, or play at festivals where they'd get to do a reasonably long set. Otherwise, fans would be missing out on some great songs that'd deserve to be played live, but can't since they don't have a set that's long enough. I personally set money aside for concerts, so if I want to go, I'd go, unless it was very expensive.

I personally like acoustic versions, and with a band like Eisley, I think it suits their style.

and

I personally think that right now, the music industry is undescribable (omg I can't even spell and I'm trying to sound smart). With the internet, it's much easier to reach people. And the music that stays in the radio is the overproduced kind. That's why I think that Eisley would be better off at an independent label or being completely independent. I personally think that Warner is doing nothing for Eisley. I also think that Eisley wouldn't fit into mainstream, so digital radio and indie-stream would work wonders.

hmm about myself... I'm childish, scared of the future, and absolutely in love with music. I play guitar and keyboards and I enjoy drawing, writing, and doing anything art related. Other bands/artists I listen to are Brand New, Straylight Run, Fiona Apple. Soo... I'm not good at this.

I'm 17. Uhm most people I know don't like the music I like. Most of my friends are into classic rock, as are my parents, and my brother likes poppish/punk rock so. I'm more like... neither.

I don't really listen to mainstream bands, because I feel like the music I like doesn't get a lot of recognition, and when it does, it's because they've changed. To be honest, I pretty much discover new bands because they're friends/similar/enemies/dating/touring with other bands I like. So I go curious about how they sound, and well. For example, both Brand New and Eisley I got to know because I listened to Taking Back Sunday, which I had seen on Degrassi. Then Kevin Devine, because of Brand New. Or Fiona Apple because another artist I liked, Marit Larsen, was a fan of hers. I like buying the record, but sometimes I have no option than to download because they don't sell the record here. I think Eisley should no longer tour with bands like New Found Glory, that have nothing to do with their music.

I actually give much importance to MySpace and Last.fm. I think those are the best places. I can't be of much help here, to be honest.

I can't really tell, since I don't live in the US. And in my personal opinion, I think that at this time, Eisley can't be big, mainly because the music they write isn't what is mainstream right now. What should be the focus is making them big in within the indie scene. How to do that, I don't know... hehe snif.

If they come and their CD comes out here, of course. Look, my country has been at a bad place economically since I can remember, so this is no big change for me. I don't know how it'll be with Americans, though. I can't really say anything about this.

I want t-shirts! And Sherri's drawings prints. But since I probably wouldn't be able to get them, since things in dollars are too expensive for me, again, I can't be of much help.

Hmm just some inside to the studio. Maybe the band talking about the new songs. The band at Starbucks between breaks. Smile