Laughing City
easternglow
Sea Post King

Crap. I forgot one.

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

I can see Eisley rising to Vampire Weekend-status, where people can mention their name and mostly everyone will know who they're talking about. I feel like they're almost there. Three years ago, I would not have expected people to comment on, lets say, an Eisley sticker on my laptop. Now, however, I'm seeing Eisley bumper stickers on people's cars in my schools parking lot. It's pretty cool.
errorplane
Sea Post King

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

My absolute favorite part about seeing a band live is being able to sing along. While it's always great to hear new music, it's not quite as fun for me as a fan. Hm, that sounds really selfish... and this is going to, too: if some sort of demos were "leaked" or released beforehand, I'd definitely be up for hearing rough versions of the songs on the road. Otherwise, I'm hoping for the third record to be finished before seeing Eisley out on tour... I'm not expecting anything before next year.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

Too little, surely! I understand that touring a lot is exhausting and expensive (in all honesty, I've been slowly turning all -- literally each and every one -- of my friends onto Eisley since Room Noises came out, so I forget that the band isn't a bigger presence to the general public), but I was disappointed that I wasn't able to see them. I missed the May Sacramento show since I was out of the country, and I'm not sure when they were last in the area prior to that.

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph.

I like to think I'm pretty eclectic. In a short-short-short summary, I'm a former gamer/musician/photographer/writer. My university career has overtaken everything at this point (the academic side of things, at least... I'm definitely not one to drink and party); among my favorite bands are CSS, Panic at the Disco, Jimmy Eat World, Yann Tiersen, and The Bird & the Bee.

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

I'm 19, been listening to Eisley for 3-4 years. As I said before, I've turned so many of my friends onto Eisley that I forget they're not a household name. I'm going to go for the gusto and say 60% of my general friends pool listens to Eisley; of the people that I see as life-long friends, it's 100%. My sister enjoys Eisley but I wouldn't call her a fan (she's more into the hip-hop scene), and my parents stick to their instrumental jazz (not knocking it, it can be good!). I'd love to think of myself as an influencer! I do like sharing new music I find with my friends, if that counts.

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

My phase right now is all about The Pierces, CSS, Panic at the Disco, and Band of Horses. In all honesty, I'm pretty guilty of shunning a band because they're the new big thing on the music scene. I discover new bands on last.fm, LiveJournal communities or from mix CDs and CD samplers. I usually download my music from iTunes.

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

I've never heard about Eisley if I wasn't seeking out the information, likely because my nearest metro market is Sacramento (35 minutes away) and the biggest market that matters is San Francisco (2+ hours away). Probably the only time I've been faced with an unexpected reference is seeing their records at our local independent music store.

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

If presented with the opportunity, I will definitely see Eisley in 2009, multiple times if possible, and will definitely buy merchandise and the record (special edition, if it's available!). I think it's more important -- now more than ever -- to support artists so that the music scene doesn't stagnate because people can only afford to indulge in so-called "sure things" like Madonna and other over-exposed super-celebrities.

Not sure that any of that was helpful, but it at least made me register on the board after lurking for months and months, if not longer. Smile
Rb
Sea Post King

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

Living in San Francisco, I don't have much of a problem seeing bands because it is almost a guarantee that they come through here at one point or another. Leaning towards festivals though, the "download festival" is pretty big, tends to have a lot of "indie rock" sounding bands on it.

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

I don't speak for everyone but I really have no expectations from the band, just these forums, the journals, everything provided here fulfills and goes way over any expectation I have ever had in a band. Everything is kept up to date, very informative, very kind. The only thing that I may offer up is the fact that the merch seems a little effeminate, I do enjoy the drawings, they are amazing, I just feel at times they can be a bit "girly."

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

Your response goes here

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

I enjoy the band because they are very "down to earth" the are incredibly kind like said above, they almost give off the feeling that they are close friends, not people whom are better than you because they create music. Besides, the music is just so catchy, it's hard to not like.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

I believe that they are "forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can." Personally I would like to have it melded in the more "indie" side, but would be completely alright with the working of both sides, I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever is to come from the 3rd installment.

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

If it were at all possible I would like to see maybe a small tour that played older songs, with a mix of a couple new songs to get the idea out, kind like Combinations and the acoustic tour. To be completely honest when I first heard the recorded album I wasn't completely taken with it, but when I saw the Acoustic shows in Sacramento and San Francisco, that is where I fell in love with the album and gradually shifted to the electric version which I now listen to all the time. I personally wouldn't let the new album out early like on a pre-release tour because you want to captivate fans to listen to the new stuff.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

I believe I answered this earlier, but smaller shows are perfect, like your normal club show. I feel the level that they give are good, I mean it's no jumping around type music, but you can definitely see a lot of the emotion that they put into putting on the show, and they seem like they have a great time. The huge light shows I feel takes a lot out of the performance, sometimes they are cool if very creative, but strobes and spinning lights, etc are way to distracting. Once I saw Conor Oberst do a show in a huge auditorium where he had someone draw/produce random images on a overhead type machine that played over the band that was incredible and creative, but that is to the extent of which I enjoy light shows, minimal to medium amount of fixed lights are perfect.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

I feel they did too little of touring (possibly mixed with my inability to attend a couple of shows) mixed with what seemed like little amount of exposure. The majority of people who go to shows seem like they are either from here or they came with a friend or heard from a friend a long time ago. Granted for myself I heard from a friend a long time ago and have been coming since, but the word of mouth game seems to be the most powerful contributor to the attendance rather than WB promotion. I've been trying my best to spread the band name down through my little sister which in turn gets placed onto her friends but there definitely needs to be some more WB contribution. I think the max amount of times I would come to see a band a year would be around 2, that is unless there is something done like last tour where we got to see an acoustic rendition of the album before it came out, that I would definitely pay to see more.

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

Like said many times before I loved the acoustic, the only thing that I didn't like was the fact that they played at a Dance Club like "The Empire" in Sacramento, same goes with the electric at that place, the sound was so overpowering that it at times almost hurt my ears and wanted to step to the way back to avoid the power that they put out. The acoustics gave off a more connectedness feeling, was definitely way more personal. Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco was a lot better than Sacramento if I must say.

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

I am a college student and to be honest I hear a lot more of Eisley's music on college radio stations, more independent, kid run stations where people have broader musical tastes rather than being required to stick to the "Alternative" music scene. I think they fit nicely in with the indie music scene where it is more meaningful music, or at least has more an emotional connection to what they produce rather than the writing songs the coincide with popular culture. It also is nice because is more lyrically ambiguous where people can actually grasp onto the lyrics and form their own opinions and take meaning from it rather than it being a song about for say a lead singers past drug addiction and you can only connect to it unless you yourself are like-minded. I think the major label is good for the band if it has more free reign for creativity because with the major you have a large amount of avenues for possible exposure

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

I'd have to say that I have a very small amount of friends that listen to Eisley, but I do at times pass it on to people, just like stated earlier with my sister. They are out there, but a lot of my friends listen to incredibly obscure bands, or more mainstream folk music. I myself am 21, attend shows occasionally, not as much as when I was in high school but when there is a band that comes floating around that I like I make it my duty to attend. I have known about Eisley since I was in between sophomore and junior year of High school, 05ish area and have been listening ever since.

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

When bands begin to blow up I tend to shy away a little bit but only because the experience tends to become more impersonal, it begins to become not at fun when you are crammed in a small room with 500 other people and all you are doing is worrying about weather or not someone is going to pick pocket you or just wipe their sweat on your arm. I mean I don't mind it at times, but it is definitely more fun when it is smaller, and you can actually enjoy and take in the music. Discovering new bands for myself comes a lot from filesharing sites, where someone will post something and I go search out what they sound like on Myspace. I buy the albums of bands that I really enjoy listening to, probably 90% of the time on pre-order with that "something special" additive to the sale, like with Combinations the Autographed lithograph (even though it came all bend up in the mail) I refuse to buy anything on iTunes one because of the horribly annoying DRM they place on it where you are forced to log in to listen, and the fact that it is ultimately a horrible deal for the bands unless you sell a million records. Bands I am currently listening to are bands like Devendra Banhart, Minus the Bear and Why? to give sort of a broad spectrum there.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

Last.FM is really starting to become a good medium for finding bands, same with things like Pandora, Myspace like always, I think they is your number one way to go there. For anything band or music related, I go straight to myspace to listen. Other than that I havent heard to much on the portals other than stuff like band forums which you already have. Facebook in my opinion is no where as near good as Myspace in terms of music exposure and creating fans, Facebook seems to be a place for fans to gather rather that discover.

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

I don't think WB did the best of job, even though there were times where there was some really good ones, eg: the Utah Film Festival, but there could have been more magazine exposure, maybe another single, maybe trying to get featured on myspace when the album was released? I'm not sure if it was when Combinations was released, but that seems to be a large contributor to fans, being featured on sites like Myspace. The idea of street teams are really neat but I don't think it goes to far because I would rather prefer it to be heard from friend rather than people handing out fliers, those tend to annoy me more than anything because half the time people hand them out, you have no idea who the band is, you throw it out or, you just look at it, it has no sense of sound or it gives off the littlest amount of information and you just don't care to look it up. Big fliers placed at music stores, around the venue, coffee shops are definitely better than having 12 people pass you a leaflet after a show when all you want to do is chat with friends about it. Handing out free stuff without contribution is a risky game because you have no idea how that will be used, and it will set you back farther in the long run, stuff that is cheap to produce like stickers, or posters are good, but nothing too fancy.

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

If tickets aren't $20 a show I would definitely save or put away some money to attend. $20 is just way to much to spend.

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

I believe I answered up in the 2nd question or so, but I feel the shirts are a little "girly" the drawings are great, the designs are perfect ideas, but at times I feel they are made for girls, I guess it just makes me a little bit uncomfortable. Online merch, like all would be wonderful because it is convenient, rather than having to wait months and the possibility of not being able to attend a show, you are able to get them at the click of a button. Retail stores, like Hot Topic or anything of that sort, I don't know about, I think place like that kind of demeans a band, it just takes them and turns them into "one of those bands" that are all alike like most of my response, it just makes it impersonal. I feel bad because it is incredibly selfish of me, but I guess I grow up in a time (not that far away from) where everything wasn't based around Myspace popularity and the need to be included into a "scene" like most of the stuff at Hot topic is. If it is another form of revenue that you need to look into I can handle it, but it gives off another emotion than if it were just online for example.

What do you want to see in my lo-fi studio videos this time around?

Anything is appreciated!

Thanks. bd

No, thank you for allowing everyone to input their ideas. This for example makes the band more in tune with the fans that most other bands, its really great that you allow people to do this.
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
Morwen
Sea Post King

Nightmare wrote:
Call me crazy, but I could have sworn that there was a Christmas album released online three years ago or so. Hearing Boyd read The Night Before Christmas was just about the greatest thing ever.

My memory's a little fuzzy, but that's that.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Oh well.

Ohmygosh WHAT
tissyt
Sea Post King

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

okay, first sorry if the color is the same...I tried to make it different...but I'm not too good with this stuff...

Well anytime they are in NYC it makes me happy! I would like to see them after the show too!! Thats always fun...ive been to four shows and i think only once they came out after to talk and stuff...but it was really awesome!

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

You guys are pretty much rocking that one...I mean just keep doing what your doing and I think that would make a lot of people happy...we always love to hear from your journals, thats always fun!! I love when you guys add in country sounding songs...like ten cent blues...Not that I'm asking you to change your sound or anything cause you guys have an awesome unique sound that IS eisley..but I liked how you included that on combinations!

Wow...an Eisley museum? JK...though that would be AWESOME!!! And no I don't believe their job is done Smile

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

NOOO way...They NEED to stay how they are...I've never heard such a unique band before...wow, what their words and music can do to me is amazing and I think their whole scene goes with that! When I see them live it just does something to me...Never have I seen a band as good as them play live!!! I always love how they talk and include us during the show.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

Hmm..wow, well I can think of a couple things...A live album? that would be rockin! Although most people (at least who I've talkin to) like the second album better, I am still a huge lover of the first one...it has a real special place in my heart!! so there are still some of us out there!!

Well I don't know if this is the right place to put it but I just want to say out of the four shows that I've been to the acoustic one at the small venue was the best...just an amazing experience.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

ohh my bad...I kinda answered that in question 6..but I'll add another thing...The first show I went to they came out like dancing and whatnot to this crazy song and stuff and that was a lot of fun.

well actually too litter...I couldn't believe how fast the tour went!!! I love when they kinda just do their own show...its more personal! I would go to as many Eisley show that I can get to...if they played 5 times out here in the NY area I swear to you I'd be at all of them...Even if I don't have money..I'd borrow it, ha!

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

Well I already answered this one up there...sorry but I said that the acoustic tour was my best Eisley experience!!
A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

Wow, well me...hmm well Eisley is my fave band and everyone I know knows that!! I also love a lot of other girl singer bands...like Rilo Kiley She and Him etc. I also listen to a lot of classic rock. I am a jr at NYU for film/tv and umm idk i guess that'll do!

well see I don't have too many friends but I'd say about 50% listen/love Eisley.

Jenny Lewis is who I've been listening to...she just came out with her newest solo album...its pretty awesome...I'm not really into the new band scene...actually I have no clue whos hot and what-not.
Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

Not really good with this one..can't really help.

hmm well i think for the most part...at least what Ive seen is fans just supporting Eisley...just like talking or wearing shirts and what-not

if Eisley is playing i will be there!!!

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?
umm...stickers...and i would love merch online!!! Smile

everything
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

Definitely a new album and tour...I'm thinking more of a grass roots type tour small to midsized venues 3,000-5,000 max unless certain areas require more. I'd like to see the band explode like a supernova and become everyones most favorite band...No one hit wonders though... Very Happy

My expectations for Eisley are to just continue to do what they do best...write amazing music that challenges them to progress as artists. There are no barriers in the world of artistic expression, don't let "funky" songs that don't necessarily fit the sound go to waste. I don't think that Eisley has ever not met my expectations. I applaud you guys for going the extra mile to actually talk to fans, etc.

I really would like for Eisley to get off of WB and go to a not so major label...I dunno why, but in terms of the "standards" for a major label band, I'm surprised that you haven't been dropped...I mean I guess WB sees you as their diamond in the rough...I'm not sure what's left to accomplish besides winning a few awards here and there for a trophy case and then selling out arenas like NKOTB but then where do you go? what do you do? that's the double edged sword of success.

I like Eisley because they seem to truly be themselves...there is no gimmick to everyone's personality...

I am expecting a record that showcases a definite progression. I wouldn't deny any epic songs or even shorter ones...I want them to truly push the envelope when it comes to song structures not the same verse/chorus/verse/bridge/chorus structure. I think that Combinations was one of those records that is a studio album...This either needs to be pushed further for something so epic and out-there or I want the next album to have more of a homey feel to it that is strictly the band...aka something they can pull off live without a click track of extra instrumentation. As far as packaging, I want something simple and to the point.

I want Eisley out on the road showcasing new tunes even if they aren't album tunes...I want moarrrr music...A spring tour would be acceptable...I think that this break from the industry, etc is probably super awesome for the band to clear their heads from the rush of everything...I don't think it will hurt them in regards to their devoted fan base but it will just slow the amount of new fans...Nothing big there.

I feel that the intimate shows really help the band. I prefer the intimacy of a show over the production value, smoke, strobes, etc. I like to feel as if I am a part of the band. Save the props for the Dark Side of the Room Tour.

I think Eisley toured enough for Combinations seeing that the record only had one technical "single"...right? I don't even remember...I think Eisley is at the point in their career where Headlining/Dual-Headlining tours would be ideal...If there is an Eisley show anywhere near SC I normally try to go if it's possible...I wasn't able to catch them on any of the Combinations tour but I've seen Eisley twice within a year and that definitely wasn't too much.

I think that you can integrate some acoustic songs within a normal set. That would be cool....I don't know about pushing acoustic as far as to wax...but if the song has a definitive acoustic feel don't feel afraid to put it to wax.

and

The music industry is quickly going the way of the dinosaurs...I think if this happens Eisley should def. go back to D.I.Y...this would aid in bigger profits.

Hi, my name is John and I'm a music-aholic. I am a recent college grad trying to find my way in the so called "real world" but haven't been able to. I listen to all sorts of music and I also like to compose/write/record my own...I guess that's enough...

I'm currently 22. I'd like to say about 75%-83.75% of my friends listen/care about Eisley. My older sister and I have seen Eisley together twice and I'd like to say that I'm an influencer...I definitely pushed my friends into checking out Eisley...and feel a bit of pride for doing it.

Well hmmm let me see...I really dig the Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground album (definitely worth checking out if you haven't heard of it, very throw back influenced record in terms of sound and record production) I also have fallen in love with Emily Haines (of Metric) and the Soft Skeleton...That Nicole Atkins album Neptune City is also a real gem...Last but not least the new Bloc Party album. I discover new bands from friends and the internet. Sometimes I go and buy an album but there are occasions where I download songs from itunes. I don't think Eisley should tour with any band that would put them playing in an arena.

I don't really flock to any places online other than Facebook and my dwindling myspace...I don't know if there are many places that Eisley is lacking online...

I believe that the street teams do work provided there are devoted people involved...I remember the old street team that had a points based value system in which you could "purchase" awards with the points you've accumulated...I really enjoyed that until it shut down before I could redeem any of my points...I was saving up for a hoodie...but eventually I just bought one...I think that throwing Eisley into weird markets would probably make them bigger and by weird I'm thinking of perhaps HOT TOPIC (ohnoes!) but whatever...exposure is exposure...

I hope to be able to come see Eisley in 2009 and get the music. The economy is definitely a burden to the pockets in terms of gas money for shows. I don't think that Eisley will get hurt in the new economy due to their loyal fan base.

"You god damn kids had best be gracious with the merch money you spend" ah yes...I like the merch that this band has shelled out from the collectable lithographs to sherri art shirts and hoodies...like I mentioned earlier a push into retail stores i.e HOT TOPIC could be a wise decision.

Boyd's Behind the Music...that's what I want

kellitree
Sea Post King

I think Eisley is doing exactly what i want.. really. there getting better with every record, and i think thats a given. There so beautiful to listen to. PLEASE keep coming back to Florida, expecially St. Petersburg. WE LOVE YOUU! I think it would be rad to see yall at Bonnaroo next year. Cornerstone FL?

I think Eisley is amazing. I wish Queen of Leaves and Lady of the Wood were recorded professionally. Their my Favs

NEVER! I think as long as the kids of Eisley have air in their lungs they should keep making music. I will continue to purchase and listen! I have bigg expectations for the next record.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE stay the same. its so refreshing to have amazing musicians on the scene who I can listen to with my whole family in the car with me.. Eisley is one of the band I never have to be ashamed of listening to.. because there so genuine. dont ever lose that..

If the jump from record 2 to record 3 is anything like the jump from record 1 to record 2 then i have no doubts it will be the greatest album of the year.. whenever it comes out. I think Eisley has a really good balance of soft/hard, catchy/eclectic kinds of music. I love the songs that tell a story almost.. like Marvelous Things and Invasion. I love the softer songs like Just like we do. and I love Jammin' Piano! I dont care what the record comes packaged in, it could be sent to me in a brown envelope and i would be fine.

I think It's good to let the record out for a bit and then tour it.. I like to go to shows where i can scream every word right back. I think if Pre-Album touring is done, maybe a song or two from the new record would be rad.. but def. keep the oldies in the mix. just my opinion. I def. think touring and the breaking is good for the band, everyone needs a break. no matter what goes down COME TO FLORIDA!

I think their emotion is quite enough thankyou. Especially Chauntelle, MAN the look on her face when she is really into the song.. its amazing. such passion

Well.. Out of all the many many shows i have been to, Eisley is in top 3. Anytime they are within 4 hours from my house, I will be there. Opening is good.. I like the Headlining better. the spring headlining tour was probably the best line up for a show i have ever been too!

I like acoustic shows.. I think some people may be afraid. because none of the hoopla is involved. its just the bare minimum. its good every so often i think.

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

No. No NO NO MTV. Experience in listening to music, when the bands hit MTV, they get SUPER lame. Now mind you Eisley is extremely down to earth, so the MTVage might now phase them. Im not a huge fan though. I think Reprise is a good spot for Eisley. . personnally. The mainstream can get on my nerves. STAY INDIE!

I'm 19, an Art Education Major at a 4 year college. I have 5 siblings.. and My little sister is my best friend. I live near the beach, and cant stand it. I work at the cracker barrel.. lol. I get my hair cut from aveda drop out friends.. DEF rock that side part. I love a wide range of music from Eisley, to Against Me! I love guitar hero, and Troop Beverly Hills. I paint, lots and lots of things. Its my passion.

I'm 19! I would say most of my friends have at least heard of Eisley, at least half own all their records. My 3 sisters are big fans as well.. My mother too. Im def the influencer. Ppl pick up on what i do, and think its cool. so for that im always changing

recently I have been listening to the Electro Clash of "crystal castles", Always Eisley.. Old school Rilo Kiley. The B-52's and lots of others.. Just saw against me! live. I hear about alot of bands from Spin magazine, and friends, and myspace. Im not down with the Fray, dont tour with them again. LAME. maybe they should be coldplays support at their orlando FL show in november? haha i can dream.

I think myspace is still the Mac daddy of all bloggin sites.. facebook is getting there. The Eisley street team is a little lame.. you could do better. I dont really ever go on last FM. .

hahah actually the street team sucks.. my opinion. not much going on there. I think Eisley, maybe isnt as big as others because the arent doing "controversial" things like getting pregnant 17 times, or getting busted for crack possesion at the local BK. you know. please dont do those things either

I will def. come see Eisley in the 09'. Money is tighter.. but I would rather see Eisley live than eat. i will even save if need be. which means no italian ice for me after design class

No Hot Topic. the selection of merch is pretty good.. it sucks that you cant get the stuff online though. I loved the macbeth shoes. . bought them right away. Eisley car stickers would be PIMP

MORE

supermanbbp
Sea Post King

I would personally have to say ACL. I know the band has already done it once, but I always go to ACL and I love it there. Plus ACL is getting bigger publicity and I think it would help on that front.

Far from done my friend. Keep making great albums, and keep on improving musically and professionally.

Their good vibe, creativity, homespun brand, great music... all those things make Eisley who they are, and to change that would change the band completely. Stay the way you are, because it sets you apart from all the other bands.

I like the more epic songs like Many Funerals and Invasion, but it is realy nice to have some songs like Ten Cent Blues. Have ones that work both sides. I think they do have something to prove. They need to improve upon every album, and forge their own path doing it their way to insure that they will make music for a long time.

I would love to see them again live, but it I think i's best they just rest up, finish a great album and come out strong in '09.

I saw them in Houston and Dallas on the Combinations tour and the Dallas show definitely felt like the next level for Eisley. Everything just flowed on that show. It was one of the best I've been to, and I've been to alot of concerts. It was more epic.

I would see them quite abit. It's been worth it so far. I think they toured just enough, and why not both opening and headlining. I've been to about 20 shows since fall of '05 and I have tried my best to see all my favorite bands.

I think it's very important to Eisley's career. It's good to have fans see the softer side of bands, the stripped down versions of the songs.

I would like to see them alittle bit more mainstream,but it shouldn't take away from the music. Eisley should remain on a Major.

Hi. I'm Ben and I love music, singing and playing guitar and bass. It's fun. I also like to play video game, sports, and listen to Coldplay and Eisley:)

I am 23, almost 24 in Oct. I usually do the influencing when it comes to the music. My friends haven't heard of Eisley, but I am working on it.

Coldplay, Eisley and The Killers. I enjoy finding out about a band as they're just starting and growing. It's more fun for me that way. I usually discover bands on myspace, friends , and going to concerts. That's how I found out about Mute Math.

I don't think Wb has done a good job at all promoting Eisley. I think Eisley is promoted by word of mouth. Maybe getting a song on a TV show would help. Actually, they should do a better job all around. I think it would matter alot with advertisement on myspace or other music sites.

I will do both. The economy is effecting my decision a little, but I will always put forth the money to go support and see the bands I like. It's always worth the money. Really the ticket prices to Eisley's shows are so affordable it helps them I think.

Shirts,hats, and posters. Definitely merch table at shows, especially on-line. I think retail stores would be a plus because it would be form of advertisement. With the right design on the shirt it would stand out with the customer.

Thanks for doing this and letting us voice our opinion. Smile

LeahNicole
Sea Post King

I'd love to see Eisley at SXSW in '09, playing the March Madness Final Four set up in San Antonio Wink, at Austin City Limits. My short list of bands to tour with: She & Him, Fleet Foxes, Jenny Lewis/Rilo Kiley, and Anberlin.

Eisley's dreams for Eisley are my dreams for Eisley. As long as they're making music, playing shows, and posting pictures of themselves on the internet I am a happy camper.

Their job is never complete! If their job is bringing fresh tunes to their audience's ears. I get that Eisley is a moderately successful band, not set on making it "big," that doesn't mean there isn't anything left to accomplish. There is always music leftover, music left in you. Until Eisley decides they no longer want to write music and share that music there are plenty of us here to listen. As to where they go, as far as the eye can see.

haha, I love this question. Eisley had a fantastic vibe. I saw them live in May and at every opprotunity Sherri and Stacy occasionally Chauntelle would thank US for coming out to the show, listening. I wanted to thank them for coming to Corpus. Even my friends mentioned how courteous the band seems and genuine, just very chill. I wouldn't change the band's home-spun brand. It sets them apart and I can't think of another band right now that can compare. I wouldn't dare wish for Eisley to emulate what is on the music scene today. They've got as far as they have by being themselves, why change that now?

Is proving yourself really necessary with every new record? A new record is going to be different, artists grow, experience life, it's a fact. I liked the dvd/cd combo with "Combinations," but the behind the scenes footage was a little lacking. I find myself more a fan of the fold out cases opposed to the jewel cases. All manner of songs. Songs about vampires and witches, love and loss, sail boats and far away lands. If a radio song happens to pop out of the songs picked for the record, cool, if not, cool. The only time I've ever heard Eisley on the "radio" was in a Chili's restaraunt. I'm not looking for these songs to place Eisley anywhere (except on a tour), closer to the industry, or alienate them. I know they'll be creative and amazing. The increase of rock on "Combinations" was great. I would not object to more rock, more sounds like "Ten Cent Blues," and "Marsh Kings Daughter."

I definitely think a break is needed after touring, especially when recording. The earliest I thought they'd tour is Spring. I'd rather not hear a bunch of new music before the album is out, maybe a single.

I'm not bored at an Eisley show (for some reason the Corpus show didn't even get the "Combinations" backdrop). I like the backdrop, maybe lights (but not a crazy Muse or Death Cab light show). Smoke and strobes is a little much. Can we find a happy medium between small and big that fits Eisley just right?

Given the length of time between the release of "Combinations" and going back into the studio for record 3 I say they toured the record just right. The acoustic tour and the headlining tour probably covered all your Eisley-fan cities. If possible it would be great to stick to a headlining gig, but if they get better tours as openers, go for it. I would see the band a million times a year as long as they came near me.

I don't think the acoustic tour came close to me, if it did, I'd love it. I love the "softer/organic presentation." It's probably not as important as a headlining tour. Instores sound amazing.

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

A. I really can't say where this industry is going. Digital, sadly. Eisley's place in it will always be making music.
B. "I am a college student studying" basics and taking photography. I'm big into nature photography; Ansel Adams is amazing. I try to stay away from stereotypes and labels. I never was a popular kid, way too shy, and kinda quirky. My best friends are my cousin and a girl I've known since third grade. I listen to a variety of music genres. The Beach Boys was the first cd I ever bought. My parents played The Eagles, J. Geils Band, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Elton John, Pat Benatar, and CCR. I got into NFG, The Ataris, Tsunami Bomb, MxPx. Now on a weekly basis I listen to Paramore, The Lucksmiths, Death Cab, The Kills, Jenny Lewis, The Eames Era, DanceHall Crashers, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, Tilly and the Wall, The Weepies, Nada Surf, OkGo, The Ting Tings, Anberlin, Chris Walla, The Fratellis, George Harrison, She and Him, Levi Smith, Dustin Kensrue, Four Year Strong, The Format, and Meg&Dia. I don't go a day without music. Music and art, they're my lifelines.

I am 21 years old. A small percentage of my friends listen to Eisley. My brother and my parents don't. Honestly, I tend to be the influenced.

I took Stacy's suggestion of Fleet Foxes, and absolutely love them. I like to see what the bands I like are listening to, if I like it or not. Lately, a few tv shows I watch have been playing awesome music, I've heard bands like Paper Rival, The Little Ones, and The Republic Tigers all on tv shows. I usually download. If I'm anticipating an album like Eisley or Nada Surf I go out and buy a physical copy. Bands not to tour with? Anyone on the Decaydance or Fueled by Ramen labels.

The only places I'm at online are Myspace and livejournal. I wouldn't want to give you guy another place to look after and update. I had a facebook, but deleted it right before Eisley got theres because of all the nonsense and applications. I've never been to a LastFM page. To me, TrolleyWood, Laughing City, and the Eisley Myspace are great sources for Eisley Online. Not much else is needed.

Um, they might have pushed in other locations, but not really South Texas. It could matter. But do people really like having bands pushed on them? I think playing festivals and having people hear them that might not otherwise or having a video on tv would make them bigger.

I will always scrounge up enough money to buy the cd, go to a show, and hopefully get a tshirt. The economy is effecting everything, I'm sure it will trickle down to the tiniest nooks and cranies. An online merch site for widespread 24/7 access to merch might help.

More merch (which costs) I'd love to replace my ancient Ataris poster with an Eisley one. "Combinations" on vinyl. Sherri's art on journals (is that too cheesy?) A Ben Sherman Eisley edition cardigan or some crazy business.

Just the recording process. (A little Max maybe Very Happy ) Some goofing around, Eisley being Eisley.

Thanks for this, Boyd.
<3Leah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

LeahNicole wrote:

(A little Max maybe Very Happy )
I agree. Please impose upon his and Sherri's privacy as much as possible. They're kind of qt. Razz
brighterthansunshine
Sea Post King

In 2009, I am hoping for Eisley to release its third full length album. I also hope Eisley's label is more proactive in regards to releasing more singles and promoting them to more mainstream stations. I would love to see Eisley have one major tour, and of course stop in the DFW area. Maybe two shows here?

I expect Eisley to release a solid, innovative third album. I also would like to see the album have more tracks than Combinations, possibly 12-14? I also would expect Eisley to have an official DVD/blu-ray (the blu-ray a selfish wish...haha) of a show - DFW!

I see Eisley making an impact on mainstream fans with its third album. I see more Eisley songs being featured on ads, shows and other new avenues. Eisley, by band members' ages, is a relatively young band, and I see them making at least three more full length albums.

Eisley appeals to me for many reasons. I'll be as concise as possible for this answer. First, Eisley makes damn good music...period. Secondly, Eisley cares about the fans - I love and respect the openess (whether it be journals, taking time to talk before/after shows with fans, etc.) Thirdly, I really relate to Sherri, and I am always impressed with her creativity, interests and openess. I always appreciate the time she takes to share with the fans. This isn't to say, I don't feel the same about the other members!

I don't really want to comment on what kind of music I want Eisley to make for this upcoming album - I leave the creativity to them. It will be interesting to see how they've grown and the direction they take. I will say, I would like to see more tracks than Combinations. It would be cool to stray from a jewel case - a different type of packaging. Another LP would be nice!

Honestly, I know this might sound odd, but I would like Eisley to tour less this year. I really think one "big" tour starting slightly before the release and continuing after would suffice. Obviously, hit the major markets. It would be nice to see that in spring/summer, and if necessary, have Eisley come back in late fall with an acoustic tour. Don't over exert yourselves!

I think it would be intriguing for Eisley to have a more "theatrical" production (i.e. cool props, chandeliers or something, maybe a traditional piano?) Obviously, something that would have the Eisley "feel."

See post 6!

I would love to see an acoustic tour in an intimate setting. I think it would be perfect in late fall/winter.

I belive Eisley should stay major. I posted a few ideas back in post 1.

I would describe myself as a recent college graduate from the University of Oklahoma. I have a degree in Public Relations. I've lived in the DFW area all my life. I have a girlfriend of six years - who has been to every Eisley show with me! I would describe myself as intelligent, articulate and creative. I belive I can read people really well. A few of my interests include: college football (OU#1), home theater (I love movies, especially in blu-ray with hi def audio), working out, comics (currently Batman & Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Cool, men's style, tennis and listening to music. People are usually surprised when they find out I read comics or I love animation (Avatar the Last AirBender!!).11

I just turned 24. I would say I have made 80% of my friends listen to and care about Eisley. My parents have really enjoyed what they heard. I have Combinations on my dad's ipod. I am definitely an influencer. I've introduced many of my friends to Eisley.

Aside from Eisley, I am currently listening to: Adele, Duffy, MIA, Vedera, Radiant, James Morrison, Metallica, the Fray, One Republic, Natasha Bedingfield, Eminem, and TONS more. I have a diverse taste in music.13

Obviously, the major social networking sites, Facebook and Myspace, have proven to be a few of the most successful sites to reach Eisley's demographic. I really belive having a solid foundation on those two would be enough - along with the official site of course.

No, I do not believe WB has done enough for Eisley. See my previous posts. Eisley needs to have a stronger push to mainstream radio stations. Eisley needs to have more than one single per album. Eisley needs to be pushed more in publications, whether it be interviews or advertisements.

Without a doubt, I will see Eisley in 2009 and purchase the next album!

More of Sherri's artwork (whether actual pieces or lithographs), more button packs, an official DVD, an additional LP.

More candid moments. It's always cool to see the band rehearsing vocals in the studio!
juan_diego
Sea Post King

Sorry Boyd, but I dunno how to do this fancy code bussines, my answers are in CAPS.

I NEED I COULD BE THERE FOR YOU RE-RECORDED WITHT THE NEW INTRO AND THROWN ON ITUNES!

MY ONLY EXPECTATION FOR EISELY IS THAT THEY CONTINUE TO HIT AT LEAST 3 CITIES IN FLORIDA WHEN THEY TOUR! PREFERABLY IN THE TAMPA BAY AREA. WE LOVED YOU IN ST. PETE!

WELL FOR RECORD NUMBER 3 I WOULD DEFFINITELY LIKE TO SEE MORE THAN 1 SINGLE. MUSIC VIDEOS ARE RRRRAD!

I LOVE EISLEY BECAUSE THEY ARE DELI-CUT KIDS IN GENERAL, THEY MAKE WONDEROUS MUSIC, THEY TOUGHT THEIRSELVES HOW TO PLAY THEIR INSTRUMENTS, AND THE FEELING OF JOY THEIR MUSIC BRINGS ME.

I'D LIKE TO HEAR STACY JAM OUT ON THE KEYS A LITTLE MORE, SHE WRITES SUCH BEAUTIFUL MELODIES, BUT THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO GET LOST AND DROWNED OUT IN SHERRI IN CHAUNTELLES GUITARS. OF COURSE I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO HEAR CHAUNTELLE SING A LITTLE MORE. AND A GOOD MIX OF HARD AND SOFT SONGS IS NICE, EISLEY DOES A SPECTACULAR JOB AT BOTH.

ALSO, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SING ABOUT DRAGONS, AND MERMAID ENTWINED SHRUBBERY, PLEASE DO SO. THE MUSIC YOU MAKE ISNT FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF THE PRODUCERS, ITS FOR Y'ALL AND THE FANS.

A WINTER TOUR WOULD BE NICE, IF THEY BROKE OUT AT LEAST 1 OF THE NEW SONGS IT WOULD BE AWSOME, THAT WAY WE CAN KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE 3RD ALBUM.

HONESTLY, EISLEY DOESNT NEED FANCY PRODUCTION OR PROPS DURING THEIR SET, THEIR MUSIC IS ALL I WANT TO FOCUS ON.

I THINK THE BAND SHOULD STICK TO HEADLINING THEIR OWN SHOWS, WITH ONLY 1 OR 2 OPENERS SO EISLEY CAN PLAY A LONGER SET, IF IM THERE TO SEE EISLEY I WANT TO SEE THEM PLAY FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR. ON THE SPRING TOUR EISLEY'S SET WAS JUST ABOUT AS LONG AS THE MYRIAD'S. (AROUND 45 MINUTES.)

I MISSED THE ACOUSTIC TOUR, BUT IF THEE BAND ENJOYS IT I DONT SEE WHY THEY SHOULDNT DO MORE.

and

I THINK EISLEY SHOULD BE INDIE, WB HAS DONE NOTHING FOR THEM SINCE SIGNING THEM AND HONESTLY I DONT REALLY SEE THEM DOING ANYTHING FOR THE BAND IN THE FUTURE.

MYSELF: I AM A 19 YEAR OLD MALE, WHO ENJOYS PLAYING THE PIANO. I AM A LAZY BUM AND I DONT GO TO COLLEGE SO I SPEND MY TIME ASSISTANT MANAGING A DAIRY QUEEN. I WEAR SKINNY JEANS AND PLAID SHIRTS, AND WHEN THE WEATHER PERMITS I GROW MY HAIR OUT AND ROCK THE SWOOP-DEE-DOOP.

IM 19, AND I SAY ABOUT 8 OF MY FRIENDS AND MY MOM LIKE EISLEY. I WAS INFLUENCED BY ONE OF THEM, AND I INFLUENCED THE REST.

LISTENING TO EISLEY ALWAYS, AND MY OTHER CURRENT FAVORITES ARE COLD WAR KIDS, CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH!, MIDLAKE, MEWITHOUTYOU, MUTEMATH, VEDERA, AND MINUS THE BEAR.

I MISSED EISLEY OPENING FOR MUTEMATH BUT THATS ACTUALLY HOW I DISCOVERED MUTEMATH AND THEY HAVE BECOME ONE OF MY FAVORITES, SO I THINK ANOTHER TOUR WITH THEM WOULD BE AWSOME!!!!

DO. NOT. TOUR. WITH. ANY. MORE. PUNK. BANDS. .......PLEASE?

I THINK WB HAS DONE A HORRIBLE JOB WITH PROMOTING THE BAND. PUTTING 10 SECOND CLIPS OF THEIR SONGS ON 2 EPISODES OF THE HILLS IS ABOUT AS MUCH PROMOTING THEYLL EVER GET FROM WB. WHY ISNT EISLEY BIGGER?!?!?!?!?! THATS A GOOD QUESTION, UNFORTUNANTELY I CANT ANSWER THAT, WHAT I CAN SAY IS THAT THAT SHOULD BE, HAVE THE TALENT TO BE, AND DESERVE TO BE BIGGER.

WHAT DO I THINK WOULD MAKE THEM BIGGER? GOING WITH ANY OTHER LABEL OTHER THAN WB.

I WILL MOST DEFFINITELY BE SEEING EISLEY IN '09 IF THEY MAKE IT TO MY AREA, AS WELL AS BUYING THE MUSIC.

ALL I WANT IS AN ONLINE STORE WHERE I CAN BUY SHIRTS, HOODIES, STICKERS, POSTERS, AND SHERRI ART PRINTS.

VOCALS BEING TRACKED, PREFERABLY CHAUNTELLE'S AND STACY'S.

OH AND WESTON DOING ANOTHER DEMO IN WHICH TO NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT!!

jimmyj
Sea Post King

yeah, hi.

i've been a longtime fan of eisley (going on seven years i think? i know others are longer, but i'm at least mildly up there) and a regular visitor of the site, though i'm not much for posting on message boards. mostly i just lurk, creepily. Really I'm just saying all this so maybe, just maybe, someone will read this.

anyways, here's all i have to say about eisley:

What I love, and have always loved, about Eisley is the lyrics. I'm a sucker for the whimsy, always have been. It never seemed like kids' stuff to me, not really. At least, not G-Rated "unicorn rock" or whatever that one butthole critic said that time. Because (especially in the older songs), there was always danger to it. Sure, we'd have a lovely and perfect image like "With lightbulbs in our pockets/we'll light this darkened forest" (hands-down one of the best lyrics of all time), but there always seemed to be a danger to it, like all the magic and beauty weren't necessarily safe, and definitely not something to be trifled with. Like at any moment we could be in danger of being swallowed up by it. To stick with "Over the Mountains" (which, if you haven't guessed, is my absolute favorite): "On the mossy turf we'll dance till/our feet shatter, our toes will splinter." Not only is it lovely, but it's slightly grotesque, our glass feet shattering in a million pieces. And a wicked and beautiful image to boot.

We get a similar vibe on "I Wasn't Prepared": "When the morning came/the bees flew down to wrap themselves around me/And that's when I spoke a word/to have them trace your face for me in pollen." An army of bees swarm down in a golden tornado and just swallow the girl. Maybe they fly her off, this enchanted gorgeous sun-color girl. Then the bees diligently set to work making art from their pollen, just to see the boy's face. It's lovely, and it's terrifying, and i've never seen or heard anything like it before.

There are way more examples ("Marvelous Things", just how overwhelming and beautiful (but also, and it's an absolute necessity, they're creepy too, and the magic in life and the wonder, and it's all so overwhelming that the chorus cries for safety... honestly it's just perfect), but this is already long enough.

I should say this though: I do love Combinations very much, especially "Come Clean." I love how Stacy can write circles around a topic without badgering me with too literal a meaning. But I still miss more of the far-out stuff. And the "dreaming up adventures 'cause i had none to tell." That's about as good as it gets, really. (So why, dear sweet Jesus, was "They All Surrounded Me" a B Side? That song is the jam.)

As a decently old fan, bring back the strangeness, the tangible wonder. A song about Invasion of the Body Snatchers is cool, and the melody is killer, but it's nothing that wrenches my weird, quiet heart. I want to be able to listen to the new record while I drive through the country at night, out to that tree by the baptist church in Taylor where the graveyard is, the one that looks like a bent old lady with a cane. You know, the good tree, where the bats hide in the branches and at night they corkscrew up to the stars and you just sit in the tall and grass and wonder.

Awe, i guess. That's the word I'm looking for. Can you make it sound like that?
Last edited by jimmyj on Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
seaofsilverlight
Sea Post King

Answers to questions...

I think an album would be pretty much great, and to see eisley play live would be awesome, unfortunately New Zealand is a long way away (I know they've been through our airport but there's so much more. so much) There's this pretty sweet christian music festival here called Parachute at the end of January, nudge nudge wink wink

I only found eisley completely by mistake like a month ago but I've become addicted. They should just stay cool and be themselves, that's a pretty difficult dream to achieve some would say in the world we live in today.

Their job on earth isn't done until they're dead and even then I'm not so sure...

I came across eisley completely by mistake and I think the reason I like them so much is because they're so open and their personalities come across really strongly. And who they seem to be is completely the opposite to what you might expect from homeschooled christian kids who would typically be (big generalisation coming up from someone who was homeschooled very briefly): judgemental and insular and obnoxious or rebellious and obnoxious. Like I said, they need to be who they are, but stretching yourself to become better at what you do has gotta be good for ya. Cookie cutter is just not interesting.

Eisley need to make music from whatever is inside of them. This great girl who I don't know personally but is an awesome artist (Brooke Fraser - check her out, she's on myspace music) made this analogy: songs are like poos. You put stuff in and wait awhile and something will come out when its ready. I really like that eisley's songs seem to tell stories and have emotional journeys and stuff, at least that's how it seems to me. I like that they remind me of some of my favourite books, like Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan and CS Lewis books and fairytales.
Oh, and I'm really into digi-pack. And more sherri drawings.

I have a feeling that I'll be waiting a freakin long time before I see an eisley show.

The band is who creates the energy live. The other stuff is just fluff. Although sometimes the fluff is really amazing (see: Muse).

If they were in New Zealand as much as I possibly could...

Variety is the spice of life

This is the year of new albums, everyone good has put out solid stuff and still seem to be making good. In the end isn't it about giving it to whoever wants it and never mind everyone else?

and

I'm an art student from Auckland, New Zealand. I'm mostly into photography but am currently dabbling with a bit of video stuff. I like a good range of stuff musically, I found eisley when I was looking for album artwork for My Dear Machine EP by sixpence none the richer for my ipod and came across this picture and then article (called Eisley and the atmosphere of God - it was great) that made me curious about who these people were and what their music was like ... I digress. My favourite band in the world is Sigur Ros, although lately I've taken to telling my friends that eisley is my favourite... I don't like starbucks (don't hate me but their business plan is pretty immoral) or large corporations who make money for their shareholders off the backs of their workers and basically slave labour (see walmart etc.). I believe in being friendly to the environment but would never vote green (they're a bunch of weirdos). I work in a cinema that plays non-mainstream films and I think that a collaboration between eisley and wes anderson could be pretty mean. I very rarely watch tv, and then only if I need to bleh. I much prefer to read (fiction). yeah.

I'm 28 and I don't know that anyone I know knows about eisley besides what I've told/shown them. I don't listen to the radio so usually come across new music from friends or by hearing it somewhere and then checking it online. or by mistake (eisley).

I will always be listening to Sigur Ros. I like Kings of Leon despite the fact that Only By the Night is not by any stretch of the imagination their best work. Generally I really get into music based on its message or presentation, or originality, or if I just like the sound, or if the band come across as genuine or interesting or or or. I pretty much will always buy the cd, I only download from itunes if I come across a single track I like. MySpace is the best way to check out if I like a band or not I think.
Eisley should not tour with bands like Taking Back Sunday, New Found Glory, Say Anything (I'm sorry but I listened to them on myspace just now and was really unimpressed). Just my opinion. Pop Punk etc is really not interesting.
Ring up Chris Martin and get him to replace that godawful Miley Cyrus with Eisley on their next tour. If that rumour is even true KILL ME NOW!!

MySpace and Facebook represent!!! They need more of their music on Facebook.

I thought you didn't want eisley to be bigger.

The economy will never stop me buying the cd if its good. It will be good. Its all good. The economy is no reason to do or not do things. Go against the tide.

fun eisley times! bigtime

Last edited by seaofsilverlight on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
masquechique
Sea Post King

Philippines (Quezon City, Metro Manila) or The Netherlands (Enschede). Tour with Mook!

More videos! Smile

I see Eisley touring in the Philippines!

Great music, of course. Their good vibe and eccentricity helps, but as long as they create great music, tis good for me!

Dreamy, yet solid, with Sherri's art for cd cover

Yeah, it would be nice to hear new music in their tours, as long as it won't hurt them kids

I like how Eisley talks to the audience a lot, and the Christie stunt was nice Smile

This doesn't apply to me since I live in the Philippines/Netherlands, so next question

The acoustics were nice, but in the end they became quite boring since they played the same songs, so

and

I am a Civil Engineering student, a Bjork, Utada and Eisley fan, who loves anime, books, and watching movies. I also write a bit of poetry (for my eyes only) and I love to draw. My favorite book is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

I'm seventeen. Few of my friends know Eisley, and only a very close cousin like them (I've met only two people who like Bjork!). My little sister likes Eisley Smile She's ten. I think I'm more of an influencer, but most of the times I'm neither; I have my own BIG world.

Bjork, Utada, Tokyo Jihen, Mook, The Blue Nile, Animal Collective. I check out the webpages of the artists I like and see which artists they listen to, and my very close cousin has introduced some of my favorite artists like Animal Collective and Utada, including Eisley. It doesn't bother me when the artists I listen to "blow up", but it has never happened, at least not where I live. Bands you should not tour with: Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Madonna, Justin Timberlake

Well, it doesn't matter for me if they get bigger or not, though I know it would help Eisley mems if they get bigger...