Laughing City
noodlemace
Sea Post King

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

I really want to see the band touring in England (preferably Manchester) because they didn't come over after Combinations was released.

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

My expectations are just for them to keep releasing great music.

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

Same as above, I guess.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

I really like Eisley because they stay so grounded and they're really good to their fans. I don't think any other band keeps up to date with their fans as much as Eisley.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

I'd really like to hear an epic Eisley song and also just more progression I suppose. I agree with someone who said that Chauntelle should sing more and that there should be guest vocalists.

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

Ermmm I think that the band should probably take a rest after recording and then tour in late Winter/early spring.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

I've never seen Eisley before but I have seen videos on Youtube and the size of the shows seems fine. I think that an over-produced show would detract from the music.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

I think that occasionally supporting a big act would be good publicity for Eisley but I'd prefer to see them headlining.

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

I'd really like to see an acoustic Eisley tour.

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

Ermm. I'm not really sure where the industry is going but in England indie/rock acts are becoming more popular. I'd really like to hear Eisley more on the radio.

I'm a bit of a sci-fi/fantasy geek who loves video games, films and music. I guess I mostly listen to indie music but I have a really broad music taste.

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

I'm 20 and only a few of my friends are Eisley fans. I played Eisley to my parents and they really like them too.

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

At the moment I'm mostly listening to Eisley (of course), Kings of Leon, Nicole Atkins, Jenny Lewis, Nobuo Uematsu, Ryan Adams and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. I don't really mind about the popularity of the bands I listen to. I listen to mainstream music and more obscure stuff too.
I find out about new music through my friends and sites like last.fm. Jools Holland is sometimes good for finding new bands/singers.
I wouldn't like to see Eisley touring with someone who was too rocky or emo.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

I mostly look on last.fm.

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

WB did a really bad job at promoting the band. They should definately have more promotion when the next album comes out.

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

I'll definitely come and see Eisley in 2009, providing they come to England.

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

Ermmm. I think that more posters and t-shirts would be cool.

What do you want to see in my lo-fi studio videos this time around?
jivechive
Sea Post King

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

-I'm hoping for a kick butt new album and touring. Just as long as you keep Atlanta on the books, I'm good.

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

-My expectation is that Eisley will keep growing musically as a band, yet keeping the same "atmosphere" to the music.

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

-I see the band drawing larger and larger crowds. More record sales would be an accomplishment than awards if you know what I mean. No one ever says,"Boy, R.E.M. has won more MTV awards than Green Day." Instead they might discuss how many albums have gone gold or platinum.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

-Under no circumstances does Eisley need to emulate what's out there elsewhere. Eisley is great for who they are, exactly as stated above with an emphasis on non rock-star attitudes.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

-I'm expecting the new record to have a slightly different twist. My dream record would tell a musical story in a sense. It includes fast and slow, hard and soft songs with maybe an epic song in the mix. They all must have the Eisley creative flair. A few songs should flow together. Example being where the background sounds at the end of one song is the start of another as can be heard in Kid A. It keeps the record going. Maybe I am old fashioned but the jewel case is a must. The other stuff just doesn't sit well with other CD's. I think that Eisley is forgin their own path and should continue making music for as long as they wish.

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

-I love Fall and Spring tours. Either have one big tour or two small ones before and after the record is out.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

-Backdrops are always nice. But I go the the show to see the band play, not to revel at the props and such.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

-Depending on the new record, I think Eisley is due for another big act, but I like the smaller headling shows. It's more personal and should always be that way in some fashion.

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

-Sorry I missed it last time, but would love to see acousticness.

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

-As long as the Major label is not hindering the musical creativity of Eisley, I think they should stay there. I like Eisley indie-stream. Eisley has a diverse fan base. I am a Civil Engineer that has always lived for music. By hobby only, I am a musician. I have made 8 CD's myself and hardly anyone has heard it. There is always a song going on in my head. Sometimes it's a curse. I hate trendy music. I love to have fun and hate mean and stupid people.

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

-I am about to be 35. None of my friends listen to Eisley. Although I have let them here, they do say "They sound good" or "I like it". In some ways I am both and influencer and the influencee.

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

-I'm listening to songs from my childhood on my iPod. I find new bands from freinds and myspace. I buy CD's. Eisley should not tour with any hip hop act.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

-Not that I'm an expert but I think people are shifting from myspace. Facebook is cool. I have been to LastFM.

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

-I've seen no promoting done by WB. I found Eisley on music.myspace and have kept in the loop through Eisley.com

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

-I will buy the CD and I will come to the show in 09. As far as the economy goes, I don't buy CD's that often and I will fork out $30 bucks for a concert ticket. But, when tickets go up to $50 and such, I can just as easily stay at home.

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

-Online sales is good. I would like stickers.

-I love your videos, Boyd. But, I would like to see more talking/interaction between the group. Whatever, it's all good.
Last edited by jivechive on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

a new cd. and a nice dvd would rule.

making better music. the move from room noises to combinations was tremendous.

and

im just a guy. married with two kids. I play guitar and love to write songs myself.

i am 29. just a few of my friends listen to them. the ones that I have played eisley for seem to dig them

the internet or ACL is where I check out new bands.

if they are close enough to me i will see them. but only if they headline. I live too far away from most venues to watch they only play a couple songs

action figures Smile

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Little Firefly
Sea Post King

Wish list? hmm...
Well, a rerecorded version of "I Could Be There For You" with the new intro. Just a wish though...
Also, touring again with Vedera. That was glorious.
More of Chauntelle singing as well, please.
An Online Merch Store.
Oh and one more wish-another acoustic tour! That was amazing.

As for locations-DETROIT, DETROIT, DETROIT. Anywhere and everywhere in DETROIT.

My expectations? Fantastic harmonies and lyrics. More songs like "I Could Be There For You", "Go Away", and "Come Clean", and fewer "Taking Control"-esque songs. You guys have never let me down though!

I see them just continually getting better and more mature. I definitely dont see them being done for a very long time!

I love Eisley they way they are! They're down-to-earth and friendly. They seem like they would be very relatable and awesome to hang out with. I like that they are very wholesome. I love their music because of the harmonies and amazing lyrics. Their songs are different and special and seem almost other-worldly. There is NOONE like them, and that is what I love most of all.

On this record I expect Eisley to keep maturing. The growth from Room Noises to Combinations was wonderful. They are both so different but they kept the things that makes Eisley, well, Eisley. My dream record would have Chauntelle singing more and songs like "Blackened Crown" and "Lady of The Wood" on it. I would also love more songs like "I Could Be There For You." I don't think they need to prove anything to anyone. Just keep doing what they're doing.

I think they should do like they did with Combinations. Go on anothe acoustic tour and let fans preview news songs and then do a major tour later on. Getting to hear the new songs on the acoustic tour was wonderful. It allowed fans to hear the new songs in a more raw form. I loved it.

I would like to have Eisley just do their usual thing at concerts. No need for unnecessary dramatics. I'm never bored at their shows!

I would have loved it if Eisley had toured more. I would take as many opportunities to see them as possible. I think they should stick to headlining their own shows. The bands the open for always seem mismatched and odd.

I LOVED the acoustic tour. It was wonderful. The atmosphere, hearing softer versions of the songs. All of it was just awesome.

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others.

I think Eisley just move to a mini-major label. A label that would give them the support they need but also let Eisley be Eisley without any changes. Give Eisley more freedom.

As for me-I'm a homeschooled, high school senior who is VERY involved with my church. I love music and have been playing guitar for about a year now. Eisley is my favorite band but I also love Death Cab, Brighten, Vedera, Radiohead and Rebecca St. James. I'm a nerd. I love to read. Most of my friends are from church and we are all very laid back. I basically just do my own thing.

I am 18, and I am an influencer. I have succeeded in getting my mom, my sister, and my best friend hooked on Eisley. They have all attended two Eisley concerts for me and we listen to Eisley CONSTANTLY. I also have introduced my boyfriend to Eisley's music. He likes them as well, but isn't as passionate as my mom, sister, best friend and I are.
It really has been amazing. Eisley has really helped my mom, sister, and I get even closer. They're a common bond. We love Eisley and that love has helped us love eachother even more! So thank you for that!

Most of my other friends don't care much for Eisley(crazies...), are apathetic towards them, or only ever hear about them from me.

Lately I am listening to alot of Manchester Orchestra, Vedera, Brighten, The Beatles, The Classic Crime and Dashboard Confessional. Band that "blow up" tend to make me shy away from them. I find that "popular" or "mainstream" bands tend to be involved in things that I don't care much for or have elements in their music that I don't like(stylistically, lyrically, etc.). I usually download records on Itunes and discover new bands from recommendations( from friends, from bands I already like, etc.) or just stumble upon them on Myspace or Youtube.

More tours with band like Wesley Jensen and Vedera would be amazing. They're more their style. No more tours with any heavy rock or punk bands.

I've never really been on LastFM. I think people are shifting more from Myspace to Facebook. But I think with most of Eisley's band members having Facebooks that fans have access to, Eisley is covered there.

Personally, as far as promo, I don't think WB has done it's job. I am pretty sure that Boyd does most of the work in that area. And I think WB's lack of promo is probably why they aren't bigger.
I like Eisley where they are at though. This may be selfish but I don't really want them to become HUGE.

I will definitely come to see Eisley in 2009. The economy is affecting everyone but you gotta do what you gotta do...

Merch tables as always but AN ONLINE STORE WOULD BE AMAZING-With affordable HOODIES. zip ups would be amazing! I love that Sherri's art is on the merch. It makes it so much more personal. I don't really want Eisley to go the Hot Topic or other retail store route. It's lame.

Previews of the new music! Wet our appetites!

[/quote]
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Tour more college campus, play their Spring festivals, CMJ Music Marathon is probably a good one. Pitchforkfest in Chicago would make sense.

Uhm, don't have any. Just hope they take care of themselves and each other, and find a balance between pursuit of dreams and sustainable living. If that means being commercially successful or just industry darlings that develope their own cottage industry to sustain them, it's cool by me. Nothing wrong with going the Ani Difranco/ Ted Leo route OR trying to out do Radiohead or Foo Fighters

Well, I personally feel that is a messed up question for a fan to answer. Songwriters/ Musicians come in all flavors, but most get a emotional reward from composing/ or performing. If that's how Eisley operates as a unit or indivdually, I see them doing that for the rest of their lives in some capacity, be it in Church, to entertain at family gatherings, soothe children or in the public sphere. As far as accomplishments, if they want the people who can be touched by their music to be reached, you keep on extending. Fans can make mixtapes, send links, gift music, but really, How would you feel if Jeremy Enigk up and said he's done with music, his job on earth is done, no more touring, recording? Also being a big fan of ALL his projects and being luck enough to see the Fire Theft and him solo with the band (when the show was advertised as acoustic) I think I can imagine.

When I heard Eisley, I didn't think they reminded me of anything else I'd heard before, at least in that arrangement. They still don't, and that's a good thing. I don't think they should do this or that to win fans etc, just be true to their passions, and that will be what wins out for them, so long as they are comfortable with what their truest passions garner

Honestly, Combinations was a pleasant suprise, because it was so developed and to my ear, different in a positive way, like two siblings, neither alike, but both making the family better by their inclusion. So, the next record, like a 3rd child, is usually a spoiled in the eyes of the elder two, gets more/ newer gifts, benefits from the parents growth and maturity, but may lack supervision and be more aloof because the elder siblings are supposed to watch out for the youngest. The 3rd born usually gets to come up with their own idea of what success is. As for packaging, Big Head Todd released a low res version of their last record free, for 5 bucks you got a cd shipped in a Old Cardboard Sleeve like an LP in the mail unshrinkrapped, and later cd/dvd. I personally like being enviromentally conscious, but also appreciate the artifact of record art.

I have to say, there are more small bands who come through St. Louis that I don't hear a song from or any press until 2 or three months after they played a small show here, that I won't attend if there's no other act I definitely wanted to see. I think it's better to wait till you have a sense that your exposure level is up (or you land a solid opening spot) to make sure there is a turnout to be had. One off shows in major markets makes sense. I would say, tour in the best weather when the gas is cheapest. That's easier on the band and fans, and should improve turnout. Winter would be good for 1 off shows, in Major Markets the sunny places the World Wide. Summer for festivals (package tours are kinda blah) that could expand the base, Spring and Fall for regional touring, outside of tornado alley. As far as material, and band is always best served playing the material they can pull off the best performance wise. A set of all my favorite tunes is worthless if they're performance isn't compelling (musically). First and foremost, regarless or repetiore music should sound good.

I would think it depends on the place they play, and the draw's there in the past. Spectacle has it's place on the grand stage, but in clubs, good/ theatrical lighting is more than enough

Bands I've seen twice a year, the first show was usually the intro to them via opening (short set) then they came back to a place appropriate for their drawing power, and I saw them headline that show later, to get a full set. For me, line-ups matter for bands that I didn't grow up on (I'm 32) so if 2 out of 3 bands are not my thing, the headliner has to be excellent.

Acoustic instores makes more sense, and seem more accepted as a singer-songwriter approach. The places that house this kind of show in St. Louis are typically bookstores, coffee shops, and lounges that would also host jazz and serve more as incedental music for the patrons rather than a musical happening. Unless you've got a popular Unplugged cd to promote, for bands, it's a tough sell.

Well, honestly, it all depends on the expense of being Eisley. If the band had an in house producer, like Chris Walla being a member and produce of Death Cab, recording costs could be minimized, and the need for a major as well. I think Eisley as enough exposure to go indie and keep the machine running, maybe not the "Cribs" level of running, but running. Some of my favorite bands did the on/ off major label shuffle and carried on: The Poster Childen, Jonatha Brooke, Ari Hest, King's X, Jeremy Enigk's projects, Juliana Hatfield, Big Head Todd, Jeffrey Gaines, Lowgold, Chris Whitley (RIP). It's not impossible, it's just an issue of scale. These bands tour, records, and manage to survive. They also have fanbases that may ultimately be Industry Collapse proof because they have a direct line to the consumer, and if forced to go strictly digital, have educated their fans as to how to reach them and not simply forget they exist cause they haven't been on TV of the radio.

32, discovered them with my Girlfriend. Shared them with friend who like music. Many don't like female singers, most don't buy music much anymore. 5% Older siblings don't stray from Urban & R & B (did I mention I'm a 3rd born Wink. Parents listen to old soul, some modern R & B, the occasional American Idol contestant. I am in influencer, but also have been influenced.

in heavy rotation: Ohtis, Joan As Police Woman, Ari Hest, the Velvetteen, Ours, Jonatha Brooke. The Market is SO segmented, so many subgenre's, Blowing Up hardly relevant anymore. grade school kids are the most open to stuff, and I was one in the 80's when R&B WAS Pop, i. e. Prince and Michael Jackson, pop was also club music i. e. Madonna, George Michael. Michael Jackson dueted with a Beatle & a Rolling Stone. Everyone knew every major star of every style, Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton, Lionel Richie & Diana Ross. That was Blowing Up. Now, you're lucky to hit, make a run, and then sort of matriculate along. There are still slow burners, but usually on the indies first: Jack Johnson, Death Cab being the greatest success stories I can recall now. Slow and steady wins the race. That being the case, I used to just keep an ear open to shows that played music based on quality and not just popularity (120 Minutes, Subterranean, oldschool Fuse) and listen to the alternative station in the 90's and since they no longer exist, college and local public radio, and later some satelitte radio. Now, I use the old standard of discovering band through friends who go to shows I might miss, via recommendations and mix cds or labels that seem to have A&R's with similair tastes in music, as well as word of mouth (too much hype can kill it though)

I don't think relying on peer network sites to promote their own brand is helping bands as much as people hope. I like on Facebook is a nice combo, and last has been something I haven't gotten too deep into. Back when there was only yahoomusic it only helped me find content of bands I already knew of. The net has TOO much music in general and artists benefit from isolation from all the filler. I fell in love with Purevolume as a music fanatic because it's music focused, and for indie labels, has label links for those looking to troll through for other bands (no need to mine the 150000 friends list) but that's only good for music fanatics specifically looking for music.

Warner/ nye WEA dropped Tori Amos from their label, alienated Prince to the point he changed his name & released 8 albums in 5 years to get out of his deal. They also promotes both those artists to the Nth degree at their peak with Soundtrack deals (lest we forget Batdance went to #1, shudder if you like). Elektra had Metallica and Bjork. They were capable at one point, now, I don't know who's in charge. But, if you haven't been played Grey's Anatomy, somebodies not doing their job

It's highly likely, good touring partners, nice accessible venues and weekend shows alway help. earlier shows on weekdays is better for everyone involved. I've always been sorta frugal, and built a lot of my cd collection from memberships to BMG and columbia house, buying the 1, quitting and rejoinging a year out (4 buck a cd average that way). I would have to wait till they got 12 cds I wanted. So, Now I buy either to immerse myself in an artist I'd missed out on over the years, or to support those on tour. With Movies & Concerts near similar in costs, so long as the movies aren't so good, shows are managable for a fan, merch on the other hand... (later on that).

Surviving. See Ari Hest. He did what Prince tried to: Subscription Service. His is very ambitious, 52 songs in 1 year, $20 for the songs, and incriments upward for free concert tickets, the studio record to come etc. Many are high quality demos, and you get the insight on the songs via blogs and get to grow with him. He does scores on the side, not unlike Chocolate Genious (Marc Anthony Thompson) Nathan Larson & Craig Wedren (shudder to think) who do film scores and theatrical scores to support their craft. Doyle Bramhall II hits the road as a sideman to make his bread, as does David Ryan Harris, both on majors and dropped, but still out there

Items that are paticulary inexpensive that still signify support for the band are a must. Bracelets of some sort, bangles, Buttons, Patches, Iron Ons or Pins, that kind of thing. If you can make Eisley a brand on par with Hollister, go for it. Hip Hop did it for so long, but it was based more on popularity than good fashion for a long time. You've got the in-house artists to pull off a line. I would imagine ti would focus on the fairer gender's privy, and don't know which stores would fit that. Old Navy? Under 21? Hot Topic?? Always sell online. Merch at shows, but the fewer the options the better, most by merch as a memento to commemorate the moment, so a simple Tour shirt is enough.

A promise from George Lucas to finance Eisley and not do any more Star Wars related material Wink Honestly, the customer's always right, and I think the fans like seeing old songs grow and evolve as much as they like new matieral. There is a GOLD MINE of demos and early tunes along with the newness, or at least, a glimpse at what tunes they warm up with before they record. I video timeline of things the casual but active Eisley fan would be intruiged and engaged by would be nice. Keep it interesting, but remind us of why we were interested in the first place

Thanks. bd[/quote]

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Morwen wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
Call me crazy, but I could have sworn that there was a Christmas album released online three years ago or so. Hearing Boyd read The Night Before Christmas was just about the greatest thing ever.

My memory's a little fuzzy, but that's that.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Oh well.

Ohmygosh WHAT

that sounds like Fogbreathers.

sharrkmaster
Sea Post King

My wish list:
I'm hoping that Eisley will release amazing music once again, and that they will dedicate a song to me (okay, maybe not that..). But really, I want to see them grow musically, lyrically, whatever-cally. Whatever makes them into a better band is what I want.

I want to see the band in Oklahoma again.. hopefully on a date that I can actually go this time. I missed you guys last time, and I SO do not want to miss it this year. Oh and make sure Sherri makes shirts! Very Happy Come to Oklahoma City if at all possible.. and stay there for like a week.. lol. And also, it'd be cool to meet up with the band before the show at a Starbucks or something.. that'd be pretty awesome. There's one next to the Cox Convention Center and Ford Center. Wink

That's really all I have time for right now.. but yeah. I'll probably add more later.
Joined: 10 Mar 2008 | Posts: 136 | Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
somethingfound
Sea Post King

I'd really like to see them do more festivals (cornerstone illinois, bonnaroo) and I'd like to see them at rocketown in nashville. The last show they played there, albeit a bit of a small crowd...it was fantastic, my favourite eisley show so far (and i've been to quite a few!)

I'd really like to see them go back to their old roots with the new cd. As much as I adored Combinations, I was kind of missing the fairy-tale rock that they were known for.

I honestly just think you guys should keep doin' what you've been doin'. I hope you guys don't break up for years to come!

Dear Eisley,
PLEASE DON'T BECOME ROCKSTARS! Half of why I love ya'll so much has nothing to do with the music. The fact that you guys are still so real and so....human...amazes me. Please stay just the way you are!

My dream record would defintley be (like I kind of said earlier) a lot of songs that kind of brings them back to their roots in fairy-tale-ish rock. Personally, I'd love if you kept it indie. And I love the cardboard fold-out cases...but maybe that's just me. And I don't think eisley needs to prove anything to anyone. They've been around long enough to prove that they are a band worth noticing...so they should just keep creating great music and not worry about having to prove anything.

I think eisley should take a break! They've been touring so much and I've noticed with bands that are constantly on the road...they begin to look weary and the shows no longer hold the same magic as they would if they has just started their first tour in a while. I would love to see them in the spring...and yes! Please bring on the new music, because it gives us something to look forward to!

Personally, I'd love to see a bit more lights, backdrops, etc. I recently saw sigur ros live and what was so amazing about the show is that all the lights, props, smoke etc. added with the music helped create the idea that you were witnessing a moving, audible work of art. So I'd really like to see a bit more of that...but I'd also like for the girls to keep being real with the crowd, chatting everyone up onstage and whatnot...that is what makes the eisley shows so much fun!

I think they toured combinations just enough. And I think it should be a mixture. I like it more when they headline, but opening for big acts does get them more publicity. And I think it would be great to see them about twice a year. (I live in nashville, and I saw their acoustic set in august of '07 and then saw them at rocketown in april of '08...it was great and spaced out just enough)

Seeing them do acoustic at the belcourt was AMAZING! I would LOVE for them to do it again!

I'd like to see them on a mini-major or an indie. If they became mainstream I'd jump off a bridge!

I'm the type who sits in the back of starbucks reading alice in wonderland and daydreams a bit too much for my own good.

I'm sixteen. I would say about 40% of my friends like eisley...and I've got my siblings into them aswell. I think my parents are sick of eisley simply because I play them all the time...haha. And I would have to say that I'm a big influence in the music tastes of my friends.

right now, (besides eisley) it's a lot of sigur ros, parachutes, coldplay, arcade fire, iron and wine and olafur arnalds. I defintley stay away from most mainstream bands (call me a music snob, but it's true). I usually find out about new bands through my friends/somewhere online. I always just go buy the record (I like to have the packaging)...aaand I just hope eisley stays away from touring with pop-punk bands. It doesn't fit them well at all.

I think eisley is doing great online...if anything...just a little more facebook...because people really are shifting away from myspace now-a-days.

the only promo I think i've seen for eisley has come from boyd. So no, I don't think WB has done a good job at all.

I will defintley come see eisley in '09. Although the economy sucks right now, I still feel like I can scratch up $10-15 bucks and $5 bucks in gas to drive to nashville and see them play.

I'd like to have a eisley dvd! online would be best, too.

just the band being themselves...goofing off, whatnot!
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
Morwen wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
Call me crazy, but I could have sworn that there was a Christmas album released online three years ago or so. Hearing Boyd read The Night Before Christmas was just about the greatest thing ever.

Ohmygosh WHAT

I remember. It was definitely an Eisley deal. I'm not sure how much work they put into it...there was something like 12 songs and I don't remember how serious it was. It might have been something really lighthearted that wasn't too produced. I had it on my old computer. I don't think I burned it to a CD.

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Nightmare wrote:
bigideas wrote:
Morwen wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

Ohmygosh WHAT

I remember. It was definitely an Eisley deal. I'm not sure how much work they put into it...there was something like 12 songs and I don't remember how serious it was. It might have been something really lighthearted that wasn't too produced. I had it on my old computer. I don't think I burned it to a CD.

i've only heard a song or two. i know Weston raps on one. i don't know if any of the girls ever sing. Tim from LuvBeat is the main one behind it all i think. i really don't know, i could be totally wrong about it all. here is a thread on it.

http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=32188&highlight=fog +breathers

Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
bigideas wrote:
Morwen wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

Ohmygosh WHAT

i've only heard a song or two. i know Weston raps on one. i don't know if any of the girls ever sing. Tim from LuvBeat is the main one behind it all i think. i really don't know, i could be totally wrong about it all. here is a thread on it.

http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=32188&highlight=fog +breathers

Yeah that was it...I had the first one...The Best Friggin Christmas Album You Ever Heard. Christmas 2005. So my memory was a little hazy. Oh well. It's been almost three years...what can you expect?

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
sparksdelcielo
Sea Post King

I would really like to see a Christmas acoustic set. Nothing fancy, although I would definitely buy it if it were even just an iTunes only release. As far as festivals go, Waruska in Kansas is pretty cool and I think a really great alternative to the bigger shows like Cochella and Bonaroo, which I imagine are super expensive to participate in. I live in Oklahoma, so of course I would love to see Eisley come there the next time around.
As far as bands, I think Rilo Kiley, Regina Spektor, Guster, Kings of Leon, or Jewel would be really cool. And no, I don't think these names are too big for Eisley. You toured with Coldplay, come on. :-p Fantasy wise, I would love to see Eisley with Julieta Venegas, but I think the language barrier would be a lot for some people.

Gosh, taking over the world? Lol, just kidding. I would love to see some really incredible music videos, songs in movies, a book collaboration of art and music (with or without guests artists for either), anything that tells a story. I would also like to see an acoustic album (maybe for Christmas!?) in the style of Golly, Sandra! or some of the older, darker Moss Eisley stuff. Blackened Crown is goooood.

But seriously, I think the members of Eisley have their dreams that they're growing and whatever those are, I think they should go after them. What the hell do we know?

Are you kidding me?? Don't stop! Your music is so inspiring! Currently I'm living in Argentina (far from my home in Oklahoma) and your music has not only kept me sane, but motivated me artistically. I'm here working on a photo project and Eisley's music has helped me go from one step to the next.

Eisley wouldn't be Eisley if they like everyone else. Their creativity, ability to tell a story, and awareness of their own emotional landscape is what makes them so fantastic.

Combinations was a huge step forward for Eisley and is by far the best and most mature work of the two CDs. However, I really missed some of the melodies and out-there studio effects that were on Room Noises. As for number three goes, I don't have any idea. I'm sure whatever is being worked on is fantastic. I'm a fan of some of the grungier hard stuff like Many Funerals and A Sight To Behold, but I miss lyrics like those in Brightly Wound and Trolley Wood that just feel good to sing along to. However, I know the DuPrees have emotionally traveled light years since Combinations, so whatever comes out will be incredible in a third and completely distinct way.

I think whatever is best for the members of the band individually is best for "Eisley", if that makes sense. If everyone is itching to get back out and prove themselves and play some awesome shows, than touring is better. If a longer incubation period is needed for #3 and everyone wants to stay home for the holidays, by all means that's what should happen. Art doesn't happen under great duress.

Unfortunately, I've never been to a show, so I can't really answer this. However, I prefer small shows with great music and good quality sound, maybe some fun crowd interaction with the band. Maybe if Eisely sells out arenas a big show would be a good idea, but Big Arena Eisley isn't something I'm really comfortable with.

I really don't know if they toured too much or too little, but I would definitely see them every time they rolled into Oklahoma City or try if they were in Tulsa.

I don't think acoustic shows are something most people associate with with Eisley, largely because of the personality of Room Noises. Anyone that knows Moss Eisley songs or figured out that Combinations was released are probably more comfortable with an acoustic sound, but those two groups are mostly really dedicated fans because of the enormous communication gap that Warner Bros. created.

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

Eisley definitely fits firmly in the "indie on a major" category in quality and maturity, but their level of representation in the music community suggests otherwise. Warner Bros. should be abandoned unless significantly new and different terms can be negotiated. I would love to see Eisley self produce, but there's a significant cost that goes with that as well as a small alienation in the industry, so I'm not sure if that's what Eisley should go for. However, I do think that whatever decision is made should be made with this album because I think Eisley is at a "now or never" critical fame point. I'm not sure if breaking into charts is a goal for the band, but if it is this is probably the moment.

As for me, I am a 20 year old photographer living in Argentina, but I'm originally from Oklahoma. I started listening to Eisley in high school around the time that Room Noises came out, but basically forgot they existed until my current boyfriend who used to work at/around Brewtones and hang around Tyler reminded me of them one day not too long ago. Since then, I've fallen in love with Eisley again. I'm a midwestern vegetarian gal who loves art, music, and anything and anyone with a story.

20 years old. Quite a few of my friends know of, have seen, or love Eisley. However, they are most familiar with Room Noises-Eisley. I'm definitely an influencer, but don't listen to music with too many other people besides my boyfriend and Dad, lol.

Literally, I'm listening to Eisley right now. Other artists not so literally are Julieta Venegas, Regina Spektor, Cat Power, Nora Jones new album, The Shins, Jewel's last two albums, and Christina Aguilera's last album. Not to sure what "blowing up" means, but I'll listen to anything if it's good. Yes, even rap and country (I do love me some bluegrass...).

I discover bands through iTunes through other people, mixed CDs from friends, opening acts at shows, myspace (although usually after I've at least heard of them), and getting mentioned in Rolling Stone (although this the least of anything). If anything, I would love to see more Eisley stuff on iTunes. Podcasts, videocasts, re-release A Winter Song, gosh, anything.

Please don't tour with acts that aren't similar to Eisley's values of not being rock stars and being decent human beings. I think that would alienate a significant portion of the fan base but also I think it would generally take the band in a different (and probably wrong) direction. I'm not saying run away with Amy Grant, but yeah...I think you know what I mean. Smile

Merch. Don't stop blogging. Maybe hi-quality youtube stuff from lives or studio recording sessions, but otherwise just keep doing what you're doing. Smile

No. WB has done the worst job I can imagine. I was into Eisley when Room Noises came out and I completely forgot they existed. I thought they had disbanded, been persecuted by the big bad mature meanies of the industry, fallen off the face of the planet, etc. Eisley should play more festivals, but also just release a lot of material. More singles. Maybe a B-side album of old stuff (with A Winter Song? Please?)? I think playing some shows in some big college towns like Norman, OK, Austin, Santa Fe, and Phoenix would really get Eisley going. I think Eisley probably appeals most to high school aged kids who spend too much time on the internet (I kid..kind of) because they're a very web-based band. I don't think it's the fantasty image, it's really just best way to "access" Eisley. I absolutely adore Sherri's art (drawings and photos) and the band's blogs, but I think this kind of homespun personality needs to launch itself out of the computer and into reality somewhere.

Further, I think it would be really cool to see Eisley perform with older bands. This is where representation from the record label should come in, but I would love to see Eisley with Stevie Nicks, Joan Baez, Willie Nelson, or some older country singers. Is this a little far fetched? Yes. Do I think it would be incredible to see Golly Sandra with Emmylou Harris? Yes I sure do...

If Eisley comes through Oklahoma, I will do my absolute best to see them. Tulsa is harder to swing, but I know that Cain's is a much better (and bigger!) venue than the medium-sized ones in Oklahoma City.

T-shirts! iTunes only albums! Stickers! Coffee table books! Eisley branded coffee (although I do think you could get something going with Starbucks with a CD thingy do dad that they do...)!

Anything and everything. Smile
Last edited by sparksdelcielo on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
JoAnna22
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:

First Order of Bizness:
New Studio Video blog - I am engrossed in the editing the first studio video called "Eis-Wood Sessions #1" to be included in a long series of entertaining clips for Record #3. While it should be done today or tomorrow, I am a bit hesitant to post it just yet since I might not be able to follow up with additional clips quickly. Why, you ask? Because! - I was only able to capture video from the first few sessions and the band is almost finished tracking these first three songs. I have little content to edit outside of what I have thrown into this first clip. Additionally, as I keep saying, we are recording these songs to get the ball rolling while the business part of this... the foundation... is being worked on. Once all that crap is in place, we will resume with the record and I will create the greatest content of all time for your Eis-Wood Sessions entertainment.

Anyway, maybe I'll post the video anyway... "you know - for the kids"; and quite possibly, i will create a false journal with a legit link to Laughing City - so we can do this again.

WISH LIST FOR EISLEY 2009
INFORMAL QUESTIONAIRE. ANSWER ANY OR ALL OR NONE.
We have big plans and obviously there is much going on behind the veil, but aside from specific details we can't talk about, we are interested in any and all feedback from the people who are the most important (uh... that'd be u). These questions are quite random. Answer any or none. Feel free to simply reply with a random thought or one wish. We'll leave this up and let it grow slowly. Jason and I... and no doubt, the band - will be reading every word. I for one, will be commenting/interacting as time allows. Thanks.

It would be great to see Eisley a bit more in South Carolina-try the Peace Center in Greenvile; it's huge & in the midst of downtown which is awesome. Asheville, NC is really cool too.
(use font color to code this and simply toss in this color so
I'll have uniform color-analogous response: #c9d577

Mabye I'm a bit of a dork, but it'd be cool to meet them sometime : ] Gosh, I feel sheepish saying that. It'd be awesome to photograph them too. Oh, but I did meet you with my friend Angie in Atl. last Spring. We were definatly silly, but we loved every mintue of talking to you, hehe.

Well, if they're not burned out on being Eisley, then I know there are probably lots of good things yet to come, but if they're getting a bit tired of it then maybe they should break for now...although that's not what their fans want ; )

Eisley is unique; they catch the free-spiritness & creativity of youth & hold'a never growing old' vibe even in their love ballads-their imaginitive songs never grow dull. I don't think they'd be Eisley if they completely revamped their image.

Referring to their music-I like surprises and Eisley doesn't dissappoint. To the album art-Sherri's art is always awesome. Everyone in the band should create something for it though, ha, that'd be fun.

Maybe one or two surprise new songs if they hit touring before the album is releasesd. Do they do summer tours? As in May-August? I don't think a long delay will hurt- people love Eisley & it's always exciting to see a band you havnt heard from in a bit. My boyfriend's band [Divide the Sea, which isnt signed] does some touring on their own & people love getting to see them & are always pumped to see them again even if it's been a long time since they can't afford to tour a lot.

Big productions are always cool, but for Eisley, I think I'd prefer a smaller, less thematic concert. Their Spring Combinations show in Atlanta was great. I didn't get bored-I just couldnt see bc of my 5'2 heightness, ha. Good lights always add a lot to a concert-[mood] w/o being too overwhelming.

I liked it when Eisley was headlining their own tour-the show belongs to them, they play longer, & they did have some cool bands open for them. I saw Eisley twice within a year & it was no struggle ; ).

Does Eisley like acoustic sets? If not then don't do it-if so, and if you can afford to, totally do it! Sometimes it's just nice to be in a chill environment listening to good music w/o the crazy hecticness of big shows.

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

I'm not a huge fan of mainstream, but they should go with their goals- if that's what they want then go for it.
Me? I'm JoAnna. I'm a junior at a Christian university in the foothills of the Carolina mountains. I'm a Psych. major with an English minor who has a great big love for God, photography, music & people. I play violin in our small orchestra & I love traveling & going to shows. That's all.

I [who is 20 years of age] was first influenced by my now best friend & roommate Angie. I then introduced them to my boyfriend, who has seen them twice now, and his brother, who has seen them once now [needless to say they like them lots]. My sister in law is also now a fan along with my mums : ] Many of my friends at school like them too.
Oh, and to let you know, just for kicks, my friend Brittany played "Just Like We Do" [i think that's the title?] on her guitar at her aunts wedding, who is the actress Missi Pyle [Charlie & the Chocolate Factory].

I enjoy small, unknown bands just as much as I love a few mainstream bands. Other favorites include The Avett Brothers, The Killers, Margot & the Nuclear So and So's, She & Him and now a crazy awesome 80's- like metal band called Blessed By a Broken Heart. I usually hear about bands from friends, shows, or the internet. Haha, bands I don't want them to tour with? Ah geez...someone like Lindsay Lohan or Hilary Duff I guess. That'd just be weird.

I'm not much of an internet guru. I stick to a few main sites & that's it. I'm beginning to like Facebook more than myspace though & I don't see you guys much there....but I'm not much help other than that./color]

[color=#e3cd7e]14

I've never seen much promoting other than on here. Honestly. Get fans to make a street team or something. Go mainstream more? Ha, I'm not a part of the buizness so my knowledge on what to suggest is limited, sorry.

I'll get their music & see them if they're close enough. 3 hour travel time to the show [6hrs roundtrip] is probably max for me & I've done it twice : ] Hopefully our economy crisis won't hold you back too much. Ideas: play a couple or a few shows within the same region to cut down travel expenses, but still get to do shows & get paid- I know if depends on the region if there are even enough good venues & what kind of shows you want to put on.

I liked Combinations tour merch. Oh! You should totally make Eisley stuffed animals-no, not your kids & nephew stuffed animals, ha, but like what Sherri draws-her creations. Totally do it!

My favorite was a Christmas video from last year. They were pumped about life. Ha.

Thanks. bd

exastra
Sea Post King

1. Houston show! More behind the scenes video. A band poster. Acoustic tour for 3rd album. I totally want to hear more from Chauntelle (we love her voice). Can Wes and Garron sing? Another music video please!

2. You’ve exceeded my expectations.

3. I’d like to see a concept album.

4. Eisley is perfect as is. I love them because of everything you mentioned. They are totally unique in sound and style. They are their own musical genre. They are like no one else and no one else is like them. If they were any other way, then they wouldn’t be Eisley. They are the measure by which I judge all music.

5. I would not presume to tell Eisley what kind of music to make. I don’t want them to make any music to please the fans. Just let them create music that they want and love--- as they’ve been doing, and everything will be awesome. Eisley has already long since proven themselves to me. Let them do their things. If it aint broke don’t fix it. Go where the inspiration takes them.

6. I expect to see them when I see them. Preferably April. I think it is good for the band to take breaks in between tours. They should travel at their leisure, when they are ready. Produce new songs when they (the band and the songs)are ready. We must not force them. Don’t crank out music like an assembly line. Keep it organic, fresh and free flowing

7. I love the low key, no frills Eisley. Spectacle would distract from their innate awesomeness. They don’t need flashy fanciness to be cool. Smaller/ intimate= better.

8. If Eisley is coming to town, I’ll be there baring special circumstances. They toured Combinations just right. I really enjoyed getting to see two consecutive shows in Houston: regular and acoustic.
I think they are established enough to headline their own tours. But if a good opportunity presents itself to tour as an opening act for a band they love or think will give them greater exposure, then go for it.

9. Acoustic isn’t vital to their career, but I love alternate versions of songs. Why not merge the two into one show/tour? Be diverse.

10. The industry can go hang itself. It was lost a long time ago. Eisley is doing everything right. They don’t fit, which is part of their appeal. They aren’t manufactured or manipulated or contrived. The fact that they don’t get radio play is a compliment. They are so much better than the mainstream crap cranked out for radio. Go independent. The fan base is there. (proud to be geek- enjoy reading, movies, philosophy, sci-fi).

11. Age 36. One of my friends like this music.

12. Most new music I discover through myspace, pure volume, youtube. If I love the music, I’ll buy the CD; otherwise itunes.

13. I think Eisley has plenty of online presence. I don’t want them overexposed. They should focus their presence in a few key places that draw the most audience. Last.fm sucks.

14. I don’t believe WB promoted enough. Everyone who would like their style should already know who Eisley is, by now. If they don’t then epic fail on promotion. or maybe they aren't paying attention. Eisley isnt bigger because they are too niche, too fringe. Not everyone is capable of appreciating them, like Beethoven or Shakespeare or merlot.
maybe try joint projects with other artists, and not just musicians. exposure by association. perform live as part of a tv show, like they did on Buffy and Charmed series.

15. Short of losing my job or my life, I’ll see Eisley in concert. And definitely still get the CD even if I miss the show.

16. Not interested in merch. I’m in it for the music and the personality.

17. Vids of band goofing off or practicing or making some kind of statement/announcement would not go amiss. Show ruff cuts or perform songs not on the album.
keeplookinup
Sea Post King

All I can ask for is new music.

I think it would be pretty cool to have some collaborations. Having guys sing with the girls would be pretty cool.

I like Eisley because their music is beautiful. It makes them one of my favorite bands because they are really down to earth, and genuine. I live in Tyler, so when I see them around town or whatever, it's cool to see them as normal people. I don't want them to change anything.

I just want them to make the music that THEY want to make. I will love it either way. I don't care what kind of packaging the cd is in, I will purchase it regardless. I don't thing Eisley has to prove anything to anyone, just do what makes them happy. Eisley has a pretty strong fan base(even if it's not the biggest in the world). We will follow them whatever they chose to do.

Personally, I would like to see a hometown show Wink Other than that, I think they should hit the road as soon as they can after the cd is released or maybe right before the release. It's been a few months since the people have seen your pretty faces!

I think that much production is too much for Eisley. It will take away from the beautiful voices. A nice backdrop and a few lights are nice. I'm not bored at all at their shows!

Too little. I like their headlining shows because of the longer set time. I understand that headlining isn't always an option though.

I LOVED the acoustic tour. It was one of my favorite shows ever.

and

I have no idea where the music industry is going. The internet is where everything is really happening, and I think Eisley is doing well in that department. As for myself, I'm 21 and a college student studying marketing and looking to maybe work for a record label or something one day. I don't think I fit into an certain stereotype or anything. I'm not emo or indie fresh or anything...

21. All of my friends know about Eisley, but I do live in Tyler so... My brother knows about Eisley, but he's into more metal rock. My mom knows about Eisley too. She's so cute. She called me to tell me she saw them on an add for something on the internet once. She was so proud she knew who it was. I'm the influencer. I really got my ex boyfriend into Eisley. They were his first concert Smile

I listen to Angels and Airwaves, Jack's Mannequin, Death Cab for Cutie, The Academy Is..., Tokyo Police Club, Band of Horses. I listen to a lot of things really... I never listen to bands JUST because they're "blowing up." If I like them, it's usually before they blow up. I listen to who I want to. I discover new music on myspace, and sometimes itunes. Mostly from word of mouth though. I don't want to see them tour with big rock bands. Flashy, popular bands either.

No WB has not done a very good job. They could have AT LEAST pushed Invasion for a single...

As long as they don't play in Dallas on a school night with me having a test the next day, I will be at their show. Artists like Eisley probably will hurt in this economy. Let's be real here, they're not super popular. Their fans are really supportive and will be there no matter what, but there may not be enough of us to keep Eisley from hurting...

I'm sure the kids would like to get merch online. I don't buy merch myself anymore. I've realized I don't really wear band merch anymore.

Maybe the band members should film some stuff. That would be kinda cool.[/code]