Laughing City
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

I'm kind of hoping that is not how the song actually sounds like because I'd rather hear it from the actual artist who wrote the song. I know majority of what he played was from the youtube clip, but I want to hear the finished product before I hear a cover. To me, it's like Metallica finding an unfinished song in Napster from themselves if you know what I'm talking about.
norad
Vintage Newbie

whatupmyasian wrote:
I'm kind of hoping that is not how the song actually sounds like because I'd rather hear it from the actual artist who wrote the song. I know majority of what he played was from the youtube clip, but I want to hear the finished product before I hear a cover. To me, it's like Metallica finding an unfinished song in Napster from themselves if you know what I'm talking about.

He never plays the songs 100% as they really are. Obviously! The lyrics are usually not correct either. It's just meant to be a spoof.
lace face
Sea Post King

it was a joke i think, but i get what you are saying.
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Interesting.... Confused
Sherri
Sea Post King

please disregard what you heard from the "timisafartface" joke video...we wanted you to have fresh ears for it when you hear the actual song, so we asked him to please remove it for now, at least 'til after you get to hear the whole song as it was recorded by us, as we initially intended.
hope it isn't tarnished in your head now! haha. we just are excited for you guys to hear the new music and would rather it be us who unveils it next time. : )
love you guys,
sherri

ps. we love tim's videos so this is no offense to him and his crazy funny brain, i hope you understand why we asked him to take it down for now : )

My dumb photos for fun.
http://flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/
A bit of the art...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherrisink/
Older art...
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/slitgizzard/ArtWork/
Last edited by Sherri on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
johnip
Vintage Newbie

It's definitely not tarnished for me anyhow! Razz Makes me want to hear the real one all the more. Looking forward to the new stuff, Keep the sweet tunes coming.
Vintage Newbie

Now I'm even more glad I didn't bother.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

it's not tarnished, but i was wondering about that...

really, it just makes me more anxious to hear the real thing.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
I'm going out on a limb and guessing it's not actually Eisley.

When I see threads with titles like this, I make that assumption. When I see Tim's name in the author column, it's confirmed.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

I love life.
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

there are a few things i love about this video:

a. how some people dont get its a joke.
b. even sherri is playing along
c. how tim sings like he doesnt know the words, even to the parody version
d. the song is now about streetwalking (genius)

they should be dubbed "guysley"

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

rockchick1959 wrote:

And these people are where, exactly? I'd like to shake their hands, because they're the second stupidest group of human beings I've encountered today.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
rockchick1959 wrote:

And these people are where, exactly? I'd like to shake their hands, because they're the second stupidest group of human beings I've encountered today.

I'm assuming those people you are referring are people like me who simply didn't like the video because it was a misleading teaser for me. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more hearing the actual song first. I know who Luvbeat are so no need to go in-depth in explaining the joke. Thanks for distinguishing who I am in this forum.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

whatupmyasian wrote:
Saellys wrote:
rockchick1959 wrote:

I'm assuming those people you are referring are people like me who simply didn't like the video because it was a misleading teaser for me. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more hearing the actual song first. I know who Luvbeat are so no need to go in-depth in explaining the joke. Thanks for distinguishing who I am in this forum.

That's exactly my point--the people in this thread who expressed a lack of enjoyment of the video did so not because they didn't understand it's a joke, but because they didn't find it funny. I didn't make that point very well, though. I apologize for stating it in such an offensive manner.

Smokemonster
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
whatupmyasian wrote:
Saellys wrote:
rockchick1959 wrote:

That's exactly my point--the people in this thread who expressed a lack of enjoyment of the video did so not because they didn't understand it's a joke, but because they didn't find it funny. I didn't make that point very well, though. I apologize for stating it in such an offensive manner.

First off, to reply to Sherri's comment here, by no means did the video tarnish the song in my head considering I've only heard 17 seconds of it. I can't wait for more snippits of it in the near future, no worries.

To Saellys, the word "stupidest" really ticked me off considering you do not know me. I did find that offensive because I'm probably the reason why you and Sherri posted what you posted in the first place which did isolate me in a way. Thank you for clarifying somewhat. I did recall watching Tim's cover of Pretender a while back funny because I knew the song before hand. I just never knew the videos were from the same person. I've only been a fan of Eisley since July of last year so I apologize for not getting "it."