Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

kathymunster wrote:
hisownshot wrote:
If I got one I'd be too excited not to share it. But to each his/her own.

exactly.
i dont see the point in getting a tattoo on yr body that will be there forever, basically, and then not showing anybody?

as far as posting it online, someone could snatch it and get it tattooed on themselves as well. it's been done before.

www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

kimbo
Sea Post King

kathymunster wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

exactly.
i dont see the point in getting a tattoo on yr body that will be there forever, basically, and then not showing anybody?

Well I got a tattoo just for my own eyes. I had surgery after I had a tumor when I was 16 and they had to take bone from my hip to rebuild my jaw bone.. So I was left with a a hideous scar and it just brought back not so fun memories every time I saw it. I designed my own tattoo to represent who I was when I went through that period of my life, and its not meant for anyone else. I got it placed on my scar to cover it up just so I have something to look at and remember something a little bit better than a ugly scar that reminded me of living in a hospital and not being able to walk or talk and all that b.s I went though. The tattoo is very special to me, I didn't get it for anyone else but myself. My dad and brother don't even know I have it...and the ones that do know forget I have it.

Does that make sense? I know I just rambled on, but I was just trying to show that people don't just get tattoos to be like 'hey look at my tattoo' they get it for other reason too, sometimes personal.

johnip
Vintage Newbie

kimbo wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

exactly.

Well I got a tattoo just for my own eyes. I had surgery after I had a tumor when I was 16 and they had to take bone from my hip to rebuild my jaw bone.. So I was left with a a hideous scar and it just brought back not so fun memories every time I saw it. I designed my own tattoo to represent who I was when I went through that period of my life, and its not meant for anyone else. I got it placed on my scar to cover it up just so I have something to look at and remember something a little bit better than a ugly scar that reminded me of living in a hospital and not being able to walk or talk and all that b.s I went though. The tattoo is very special to me, I didn't get it for anyone else but myself. My dad and brother don't even know I have it...and the ones that do know forget I have it.

Does that make sense? I know I just rambled on, but I was just trying to show that people don't just get tattoos to be like 'hey look at my tattoo' they get it for other reason too, sometimes personal.

I think that's a very good reason for a tattoo. Smile

Laughing Citizen

johnip wrote:
kimbo wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

exactly.

I think that's a very good reason for a tattoo. Smile

Agreed. From the sound of it, you went through some tough sh*t by any standard. That's a hard-earned tatoo.
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

kimbo wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

exactly.

well, i was refering to getting someone else to draw your tattoo.
your tattoo has a really special meaning, and im not saying a tattoo drawn by somebody you admire isn't special, i just don't think it's nearly as personal or symbolic or whatever if you have someone else do it.
i mean, you can have a request for sherri to draw, but it's still her that decides how to do it, etc. so it's not nearly as intimate then if you drew the design yourself.

-Mae West
keithabbott
Sea Post King

Sherri emailed me a photo of the drawing she did for me and my family for Christmas. Since it's a surprise for my wife, I haven't told her about it. I guess you could say it's a family portrait of sorts.
Caley
Lost at Forum

^Aw, that's going to be a sweet present!
keithabbott
Sea Post King

I sure hope so. My wife likes Sherri's drawings and has been to a couple of concerts with me and likes their music. The drawing incorporates my love of Star Wars and hers of Hanson and of course our love for Eisley all into one. My son and dog are also in the portrait. And it's all done in Sherri's unique style.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

keithabbott wrote:
I sure hope so. My wife likes Sherri's drawings and has been to a couple of concerts with me and likes their music. The drawing incorporates my love of Star Wars and hers of Hanson and of course our love for Eisley all into one. My son and dog are also in the portrait. And it's all done in Sherri's unique style.

that sounds so wicked. seriously.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
keithabbott
Sea Post King

Okay people, no crossposting links on any Hanson forums. I wanna keep this a surprise for Christmas. Exclamation

I'm feeling so giddy though I really want you guys to see. Smile Awesome, huh?!!! BTW that's supposed to be me in my stormtrooper armor. Razz

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Whoa!!! That is awesome!! Very Happy

Great job, Sherri.
Caley
Lost at Forum

I'm sure she'll love it!

<< prev | goto page