<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

thefallclassic wrote:
uncreative wrote:
Amandacv wrote:
uncreative wrote:
I just bought my tickets. 5th row on the right side of the stage.

Can't wait!

Me too! Seat one, you?

Section: ORCH right
Row: E
Seats: 4 and 5

You must me a couple seats to the left of me. Smile

Haha I'm sitting in Row E seats 2 and 3. We are right next to each other!

Haha whoa. That should be the Eisley fan row. Laughing
alinicole
Sea Post King

I just noticed that the Eisley facebook page added an event for this, so we should all RSVP. And you can invite other people, too. Very Happy

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=38992410933#/event.php?eid=38992 410933

pzy
Wookie Luke

I took some time off from work for a mini-vacation and to see this show - I'll be in Seattle from the 5th to the 9th (Wed - Sun)!

Sooo, what fun things are there to do in Seattle other than see Eisley? Any rockin' parties going on that weekend? Razz

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

pzykotic wrote:
I took some time off from work for a mini-vacation and to see this show - I'll be in Seattle from the 5th to the 9th (Wed - Sun)!

Sooo, what fun things are there to do in Seattle other than see Eisley? Any rockin' parties going on that weekend? Razz

I'd recommend checking out Experience Music Project (EMP). It's a really cool music museum with some rare artifacts (Jimi Hendrix guitars, Kurt Cobain guitars, and a whole lot more, those are just two examples I could think of off the top of my head) and some interactive exhibits, like a music room where you can go inside a studio and jam on instruments or learn about the history of certain instruments. It's neat. And it's easy to find because it's right underneath the Space Needle.

And about the Space Needle, I think it is over-rated. It's kind of cool, but if you want to go to a high place to look over the city, I'd recommend going to the top floor of the tallest building in the city (twice as tall as the Space Needle), the Columbia Center. You can go up there for about half the price of going to the top of the Space Needle. I can't tell you exact prices, but I think the Space Needle is around $12-15 and the Columbia Center observation deck is around $5 or $6 if I remember correctly. The one thing the Space needle has on the Columbia Center is you can look out any direction, and you can go outside if you want. The Columbia Center observation deck is indoor, only a couple floors from the top, and if I remember right you can look out two directions, I want to say south and west.

Another place worth checking out is Pike Place Market. The coolest thing about that is the flying fish. At the fish market the employees will throw 3 foot salmon to each other and they make it a fun and entertaining spectacle.

And if you like coffee, I've heard from a certain family from Texas that Bauhaus Coffee is one of the best places to go. I've never been, but I'm going to check it out when my friend and I go up there for the show. And you never know, maybe you'll run into the DuPree's while you're there.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

New video about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32NesYEYxM

Eisley starts talking about 1 1/2 minutes into the video. Video also in the journals section, though quicker to just see it on youtube.
Last edited by CUBSWINWORLDSERIES on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
alinicole
Sea Post King

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
New video about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM-4pgb39sQ

Eisley starts talking about 1 1/2 minutes into the video. Video also in the journals section, though quicker to just see it on youtube.

I like how sherri says only the super rich people can fly to shows hahaha

more like the NOT super rich people that just bought plane tickets early enough to where they weren't that bad Razz

norad
Vintage Newbie

Sherri hair is soooo pretty. I want her hair cut. Laughing They all have such nice hair lately. 2008 best era for Eisley hair? I think so.

Sherri reading along when Stacy is speaking was great. Haha.

I thought Mateo was a girl before he showed his face.
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
Sherri hair is soooo pretty. I want her hair cut. Laughing They all have such nice hair lately. 2008 best era for Eisley hair? I think so.

oh, i love stacys hair!
and chauntelles too, i think she looks really good with long hair.

i miss sherris red hair Crying or Very sad , but i do like it now.

-Mae West
Arex
Sea Post King

Besides being beyond excited for Eisley being a part of this, my question is:

Will this wonderful performance be video taped and plastered upon purchasable DVDs for us obsessed Eisfans?! Very Happy
Joined: 24 May 2008 | Posts: 38 | Location: Midlothian/Denton, Tx
norad
Vintage Newbie

Arex wrote:
Besides being beyond excited for Eisley being a part of this, my question is:

Will this wonderful performance be video taped and plastered upon purchasable DVDs for us obsessed Eisfans?! Very Happy

Boyd wrote:
Eisley is psyched. Imagine getting to rehearse for 2 days and play your songs backed by an Orchestra... maybe 100 piece - in a beautiful theatre in one of your favorite cities?! I know it's a big deal to them; hope it strikes your fancy as well. Think of getting to see Eisley's acoustic set with the biggest production possible. It'll be filmed from what I understand; they'll use lots of cameras; they'll multi-track the show (woot)... and we can use them for whatever kind of media release we want. That's good news - for the many of you who can't make it. For those who can come, please remember to start saving for a donation to the cause.

http://www.eisley.com/journals/trolleywood/_35207/

I think that's been mentioned a few times in different places.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:

i noticed that, too. i busted out laughing when she was doing that. her expressions, oh man.

and i thought it was a girl talking at first, too.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

The only thing I didn't like about that youtube video was that the title suggests Eisley is playing with the Seattle Symphony. But, I did find a tidbit about the show on the SSO's website,

Quote:
Symphony Guild: An American Symphony

Nov. 07, 2008 7:00 PM

S. Mark Taper Foundation Auditorium

Symphony Guild
presents
An American Symphony

5:30pm- AMERICAN DINNER (Seattle Art Museum)
Experience a taste of American tradition! Enjoy a delightful 3-course meal at the Seattle Art Museum's TASTE restaurant (5:30-6:30 pm) as you await the Symphony Guild's 11th annual benefit concert, An American Symphony! In addition to an orchestra level concert ticket, you will receive a commemorative concert poster featuring the unique artwork of Art Wolfe, a parking garage voucher for the night of the concert, one drink ticket to be used at Benaroya Hall, one raffle ticket, and a limited edition DVD of the Symphony Guild's Symphony Seattle, and obtain access for a private preview of the silent auction. It's the best way to spend a night at the symphony.
A portion of the proceeds from the dinner package is tax deductible.

7pm- COCKTAILS and SILENT AUCTION

8pm- AMERICAN SYMPHONY
As we embark upon a period of hope and change in our country, Mateo Messina (the composer of Juno), and the Symphony Guild return for a unique concert experience that will captivate your heart and inspire your mind. This 10-movement symphony features the Northwest Symphony Orchestra, a Seattle Children's patient musician, Warner Bros. recording artists Eisley, and other musical guests. Don't be left without your tickets ... last year's concert was a sold out event.

(Source: TheSymphonyGuild.org)

Tickets: 1-800-838-3006, BrownPaperTickets.com, Benaroya Hall Ticket Office: $43-55 adult, $195 dinner/concert package
VIP Tickets: Please call Jason at (206) 790-3622 for more information.
On-sale Date: September 15 at 6am

Anybody doing the dinner thing as well?

The Northwest Symphony Orchestra looks to be a community level orchestra, but I'm sure they'll still bring a great performance to the table, even if it's not the Seattle Symphony, Cool

Also, further spying into the NSO's website shows some of the other guest artists/ensembles:

Quote:
Special Guests - Eisley (Warner Bros Recording Artists), Total Experience Gospel Choir, Evans Sisters with Latasha Evans (former patient of Seattle Children’s Hospital), Solo Electric Cellist Matthew Schoening, Pacific Children's Chorus, Northwest Chorale, and Whittier Elementary School Choir.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
christyHarmony
Sea Post King

I think that they should record the concert on video and release a DVD of the concert. They'd make good money and more importantly they would make a lot of fans happy! Seriously, I would absolutely buy a DVD of that concert. It sounds absolutely epic.
norad
Vintage Newbie

christyHarmony wrote:
I think that they should record the concert on video and release a DVD of the concert.

Well, they are filming it and have the choice to release it how they please.
emerge-nico
Sea Post King

The concert is being filmed, we're already starting to talk about what we're going to do with the footage, more details soon, I promise.
Joined: 03 Jul 2008 | Posts: 12 | Location: Ottawa, Canada, Eh?

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>