Laughing City
redboots
Sea Post King

DRMS_7888 wrote:
stumple13 wrote:
redboots wrote:
I wouldn't mind if they released an album similar to Sufjan's "Songs for Christmas" in the way that they would have originals and covers... Very Happy

I totally agree with that, that would be sweet. I love sufjan stevens christmas stuff. That man is a genius

That's some tough competition. Sufjan's sloppy Christmas home recordings pumped out in a few weeks are better than most records released in any given year, Laughing

True Laughing. But I like the idea of originals + covers for Eisley, I think that would work really well for them.

Sufjan's Christmas recordings are really the only songs I listen to around Christmas time willingly (not to say I don't like other Christmas music, but I actually listen to Sufjan because of the quality... the other Christmas music is pumped into my ears whether I want it to or not).

I haven't seen Sufjan live yet. I hope he goes on tour soon. Or releases another album.
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
stumple13
Sea Post King

redboots wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
stumple13 wrote:
redboots wrote:
I wouldn't mind if they released an album similar to Sufjan's "Songs for Christmas" in the way that they would have originals and covers... Very Happy

I totally agree with that, that would be sweet. I love sufjan stevens christmas stuff. That man is a genius

That's some tough competition. Sufjan's sloppy Christmas home recordings pumped out in a few weeks are better than most records released in any given year, Laughing

True Laughing. But I like the idea of originals + covers for Eisley, I think that would work really well for them.

Sufjan's Christmas recordings are really the only songs I listen to around Christmas time willingly (not to say I don't like other Christmas music, but I actually listen to Sufjan because of the quality... the other Christmas music is pumped into my ears whether I want it to or not).

I haven't seen Sufjan live yet. I hope he goes on tour soon. Or releases another album.

Yeah he definitely needs to release another album,its been far too long.
The song "sister winter" and "that was the worst christmas ever" are the best originals.

I think Eisley could make some sweet originals, i do love "winter song",i think they could write some amazing stuff. They could at least do some covers, Christie's cover of "O come all ye faithful" is really good.
Sabin le Rose
Sea Post King

All I want for Christmas is for Eisley to give us a new song.
<3

Why are people so afraid to be lost? I say you need to be lost for a while, it's the best way of rediscovering your past familiarity or sentiments. Who needs a comfort zone when theres experience to gain? I find this especially essential in music....so go, get lost!"
Joined: 28 Nov 2008 | Posts: 32 | Location: Rossland, Canada.
ync
Golly, Poster

i'd like a "carol of the bells"

only because...it's probably my favorite christmas song next to "i want a hippopotamus for christmas" of course...which i wouldn't mind hearing them kinda just sing for funsies - nothing album material - something like the beautiful ian song Razz

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Yea, a lot fo Christmas songs would sound good all EIsley-fied and whatnot, and their voices...mnm-azing! (sorry, I like saying mnm-azing Smile )

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
redboots
Sea Post King

Sabin le Rose wrote:
All I want for Christmas is for Eisley to give us a new song.
<3

I agree with this statement. I would also love a Brewtones show, I would make a road-trip to see them.
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
Sabin le Rose
Sea Post King

Or for Stacy to post more.
That girl doesn't post enough.
Crying or Very sad

Why are people so afraid to be lost? I say you need to be lost for a while, it's the best way of rediscovering your past familiarity or sentiments. Who needs a comfort zone when theres experience to gain? I find this especially essential in music....so go, get lost!"
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Sabin le Rose wrote:
Crying or Very sad

'Tis true. They need to stop having real lives. Smile

lace face
Sea Post King

I would like an eisley song and snow!! IT doesn't know much in austin... BUT IT DID LAST NIGHT!! woo too bad i still gots school...
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

grain thrower wrote:
Sabin le Rose wrote:
Crying or Very sad

What?! Stacy has no life! She lives in a crack in the wall, periodically coming out to scoop puppy poop.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Sabin le Rose
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
Sabin le Rose wrote:
Crying or Very sad

What?! Stacy has no life! She lives in a crack in the wall, periodically coming out to scoop puppy poop.

She lives to serve her puppy overlord, last I heard.

I say we stage a coup on the Puppy's control over her.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Did one of my posts get deleted? A female dog is called a 'bitch'.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

<< prev | goto page