Laughing City
brandy alexander
Sea Post King

Wow okay, talk about small world, I lurk SomethingAwful on my bff's account, and guess what I see on Cinema Discusso: this! What a coincidence.

Great job regardless.

Adam Watson
Sea Post King

lol, sup goon? Stairs and all that. SA is the only other place I've posted it. It was worth it because in just a couple days I've gotten several hundred views from posting it, way more than here.

Although the reception here has been less than enthusiastic, I'm pleased with it's reception by the general YouTube audience overall.

Also Sherri is the only one out of the entire Dupree family (including the parents) to respond to my e-mails about the video, it didn't seem like she actually watched it though. Oh well, I really just want to get Boyd's attention on the matter ultimately (for permission to use in festivals). I'll probably try e-mailing him again soon.
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

Adam Watson wrote:
lol, sup goon? Stairs and all that. SA is the only other place I've posted it. It was worth it because in just a couple days I've gotten several hundred views from posting it, way more than here.

Although the reception here has been less than enthusiastic, I'm pleased with it's reception by the general YouTube audience overall.

Also Sherri is the only one out of the entire Dupree family (including the parents) to respond to my e-mails about the video, it didn't seem like she actually watched it though. Oh well, I really just want to get Boyd's attention on the matter ultimately (for permission to use in festivals). I'll probably try e-mailing him again soon.

well kim did post a comment on the youtube video.

-Mae West
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Is "Destiny Wolf" the girl's real name or a stage name?
Adam Watson
Sea Post King

That's her real name, she also has a sister a couple years older than her named Charity.
Adam Watson
Sea Post King

Welp, now I have over 8,000 hits and when you type "brightly wound" in youtube search, it's the usually the first or second result! Even over the regular song most of the time. Very Happy
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

I liked it. Nice job!
You mentioned that the response here hasn't been very positive. I disagree. The main complaint had to do with the lip-synching and that has nothing to do with you. It seems like most people really liked it.
Anyway, I enjoyed watching it. Also, that blonde girl coincidentally looks a bit like Chauntelle.
stumple13
Sea Post King

singsoftly wrote:
pumamina wrote:
I love video making but i can never find actors ugh
nice work but like what was already said try using people who are actually singing and playing the music next time
you gotta start somewhere

I liked it, the girls are really cute, especially the one with straight hair lip ring. didn't bother me it wasn't the real girls because I knew it wasn't going to be.

Ya it not being eisley didnt bother me too much after i read your little goober
it was a nice video though,very happy haha
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
All their new songs are more "mature" (read: totally boring and ordinary). When their lyrics are "mature" their melodies suffer greatly it seems. They have totally lost touch with what made them unique in the first place.

(This quote is from the link that someone posted in this topic.)

have you ever heard their first recordings? they're "mature" stuff (like Combinations) is closer to who they are and where they want to be.

it's been established that Room Noises wasn't Eisley's album, it was WB's and Eisley takes a ton of crap for that and most people just pass that off as their image.

yeah, Eisley writes lyrics that are fairly different from other bands. But Eisley has always written rock driven songs and very different songs. But WB pretty much made them release Room Noises the way that WB wanted it to be.

Eisley had the ropes for Combinations, that's why it sounded like the way it did, it wasn't cause they wanted to sound more "mature", it's cause that was their original sound and they managed to find their way back to it.

so if you want another album like Room Noises, i'm sorry, i just don't see it happening. RN got me hooked on Eisley. But i love seeing the diversity of this amazing band. they continue to show sides of them in their music and lyrics that no one knew was there.

take, for instance, "Lady Get Away", the music to that song is more jive and groove than it is alternative/pop rock and it's as catchy as all get out. if you haven't heard it, you're missing out. hearing it made me have a much deeper love for this band because they cover so many grounds and areas of music that other bands could never pull off.

sorry for the rant.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I didn't like it. Sorry. I would have preferred the ladies to have been acting out certain parts, and not actually singing. The singing into the camera for essentially the whole take was poor technique, IMHO. This song has a feeling to it. I would try to paint that feeling onto film, so to speak. Or if they must sing along, I would have them singing to each other, and not towards the camera.