Laughing City
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

starnothing wrote:
You're a guest in their country, you decided to play a concert there, get over it and conform for a day or two.

totally. just respect their laws/rules for a few days and then do whatever you want when you're home. what's the big deal?
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
starnothing wrote:
You're a guest in their country, you decided to play a concert there, get over it and conform for a day or two.

totally. just respect their laws/rules for a few days and then do whatever you want when you're home. what's the big deal?

Agreed. Canceling that show lost Beyoncé a lot of money in the long run, not to mention fans. As if it wasn't obvious enough that she and her ilk are concerned with image over their art, she pulls a stunt like this. If her outfits are so vital to the show that she refuses to modify them, she's going about it all wrong.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
nevernever wrote:
starnothing wrote:

Agreed. Canceling that show lost Beyoncé a lot of money in the long run, not to mention fans. As if it wasn't obvious enough that she and her ilk are concerned with image over their art, she pulls a stunt like this. If her outfits are so vital to the show that she refuses to modify them, she's going about it all wrong.

Whoa Whoa Whoa WHOA!? Pop stars put image over music? Thank you for enlightening me... B-because I used to think that pop stars thought that music was everything! ok, is that enough?

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Starbright
Sea Post King

Hey she's SASHA FIERCE or wtv she wants to call herself so Sasha can do wtv she wants! Cool No really, I don't get it why she can't just ditched her swimming suit like clothes for the concert.

But doesn't really affect me 'cos I'm not interested in paying to watch her prancing around the stage with shorts that look more like panties to me. I can do that in my own room.

We do have great bands coming here btw, Incubus (I WENT AND BRANDON BOYD TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF), We Are Scientists, and some more I can't remember.

BUT i want Eisley!!

indyice
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
nevernever wrote:
starnothing wrote:

Whoa Whoa Whoa WHOA!? Pop stars put image over music? Thank you for enlightening me... B-because I used to think that pop stars thought that music was everything! ok, is that enough?
Right! I mean I have never watched a Brittney Spears or Avril video with the volume up.
Ceryini
Sea Post King

very awesome ^^ I live in Europe o: Ireland to be more exact. Couldn't find an Eisley CD anywhere though xP I ordered mine from America
PoireD
Sea Post King

Definitely a keeper! And I feel your pain, not getting good music--though here it's really just a matter of size. Artists only stop by on their way to or from Japan. Confused

And we do have one store where Eisley is available sometimes, provided you can endure the icy stare of the scary emo clerk.
Joined: 15 Dec 2008 | Posts: 38 | Location: Pacific Islands
Starbright
Sea Post King

Well, to be exact, he bought it in Amsterdam! Ahh.. What's a stare compared to owning your very own Eisley CD. Wink