Laughing City
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

I think the intro is amazing enough for them to rerecord the song as a bonus or online thing/iTunes.

Good call juan.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Yes, other tunes have been recorded again and re-released! Like 'Marvelous Things,' and 'Memories.' I really like the other (live)version, of 'Just Like We Do,' where Stacy does a couple of extra vocalizations at the end, which for me just make the song!

So yes, there is room for another ICBTFY! Smile

kathymunster
Golly, Poster

mikep0922 wrote:
I really like the other (live)version, of 'Just Like We Do,' where Stacy does a couple of extra vocalizations at the end, which for me just make the song!

where can i find that?

-Mae West
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

On the 'Head Against the Sky,' EP!
alinicole
Sea Post King

mikep0922 wrote:
Yes, other tunes have been recorded again and re-released! Like 'Marvelous Things,' and 'Memories.' I really like the other (live)version, of 'Just Like We Do,' where Stacy does a couple of extra vocalizations at the end, which for me just make the song!

So yes, there is room for another ICBTFY! Smile

I hate to be a "debbie downer" or whatnot, but I don't think those songs were re-recorded and re-released after room noises came out. Yes other versions exist, but that's because they were demoed multiple times before the final versions were made for RN (and for EPs that were released before RN). Once the final versions came out on room noises they haven't been re-recorded, right? ICBTFY already has a final version that has already been released on Combinations so it's a bit different in my opinion...

If anything were released regarding ICBTFY I'm thinking it would only be a live recording of the song with the new intro... I mean I could be wrong but it seems more practical than a new recording to add/mix into the beginning. I dunno, we'll see I guess.

long post is long. Laughing

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Marvelous Things was polished and given new vocals for "Room Noises," otherwise, it was the same recording featured on the EP. I think "Memories" was rerecorded for RN, but I forget. But yeah, those songs have not been touched since the album release.

It might not be the worst thing if a few songs were revisited, and bands used to revisit songs more often. Actually, Radiohead has two versions of "Morning Bell," as an example of basically the same song appearing on multiple albums. But all in all, it's usually better to move on ... I think.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address