Laughing City
ks1990
Lost at Forum

When was the come clean perfomance, it's not recent is it?
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

ks1990 wrote:
When was the come clean perfomance, it's not recent is it?

it was quite sometime ago. probably 3-5 months or so, maybe more.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

bigideas wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Good for Eisley?

Can't be bad methinks.

On the Comments several people say things like "I can't believe I've not heard of them!"

Any idea when those songs were recorded?

Did Boyd or a fan mention this and it's been so long I just forgot about?

Kinda. I think. The Trolleywood entry from NYC on the Mute Math tour mentioned recording something for purevolume. Also, the NYC show was CMJ related, so that would make sense with these songs being called CMJ sessions. I barely remember anything about it. They probably did it while I was setting up at the venue, I guess.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Thanks for that Trollywood entry! I didn't see my first show until two weeks later! That's when I got on the board! In Boyds' post it seemed that W/B was staunchly behind Eisley, but it's seems their commitment has wavered. But as Boyd said it's the industry in general, not so much the labels doing!Sad Anyway, keeping the faith! Smile
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Good hunting!

I guess Boyd never found his Nikon D-50? Crying or Very sad

alastica
Sea Post King

So I don't know why Purevolume is even still around. I thought they created Virb to basically be a way sweeter version of Purevolume (which it SO is). I was so pumped about Virb for a while when it first started, but I couldn't get that many people to join it. And then the few that did all slowly stopped using it, hah. At least I still have Facebook...oh wait...I think Virb is way cooler so that kind of sucks...

But anyway, I'll have to check out these lost sessions or whateva.

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

alastica wrote:
So I don't know why Purevolume is even still around. I thought they created Virb to basically be a way sweeter version of Purevolume (which it SO is). I was so pumped about Virb for a while when it first started, but I couldn't get that many people to join it. And then the few that did all slowly stopped using it, hah. At least I still have Facebook...oh wait...I think Virb is way cooler so that kind of sucks...

I think it's around cause it's still one place where bands can get top billing if they are willing to pay for it. Myspace is free for everybody, and there's no hierarchy. I forgot which corporation bought purevolume, but for someone who doesn't want to be a member and keep up a page and just get to hear singles from bands, it works. Plus for bands who aren't signed, you get your songs out there for free, and don't get spammed by all sorts of crap. At least that's how it looks to me...

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
alastica
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
alastica wrote:

I think it's around cause it's still one place where bands can get top billing if they are willing to pay for it. Myspace is free for everybody, and there's no hierarchy. I forgot which corporation bought purevolume, but for someone who doesn't want to be a member and keep up a page and just get to hear singles from bands, it works. Plus for bands who aren't signed, you get your songs out there for free, and don't get spammed by all sorts of crap. At least that's how it looks to me...

Well yeah, but Virb was created by the same people who do Purevolume and it's basically the same thing but way better at everything Purevolume has going for it. So I just don't understand why they kept Purevolume around and didn't like basically tell Purevolume users to jump on the Virb wagon. Or at the very least just market Virb more on Purevolume.com. I think that's the reason Virb is unsuccessful now. It's seriously a great website, but they just didn't go about releasing it in a good way. Now even everyone I know who was super pumped about it when it first started up doesn't care anymore.

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

well, I have a theory. Maybe they wanted to hedge their bets incase people were reluctant to switch over to a new url and everything associated with that? The fact that some bands who actually have current releases and tours don't update their purevolume profile is evidence of that... Neutral

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area