Laughing City
stumple13
Sea Post King

Definitely will pray for her
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I will keep her in my thoughts. Hope you're back on your feet soon, Kim!
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

Christie updated her Facebook status with:

"Mom's at the hospital.. went in last night, still hasn't had anything done yet.. doctor has been too busy with other patients. please keep praying."
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

hope u feel better kim, ur are most definitely in my prayers =)
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

Miss Pine wrote:
Christie updated her Facebook status with:

"Mom's at the hospital.. went in last night, still hasn't had anything done yet.. doctor has been too busy with other patients. please keep praying."

grr that makes me angry... although maybe it can be taken as a good sign? perhaps because they haven't seen her yet her situation is not in the ridiculously scary red zone of doom yet (grasping obviously). i guess all we can do is pray for a speedy recovery.

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I hope it's not extremely urgent, in a medical sense ... time is extremely valuable if her condition is serious enough, and it seems reckless for a doctor to put off a patient like that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Well they judge who gets seen first by the symptoms they deem most serious, but that doesn't mean the most serious, or potentially serious cases get seen first. Unless you're seizing or at least moderately wounded, there's a decent chance you're to be seen last. Sometimes you have to pester them to get what you need, and make sure to clarify how badly your symptoms are affecting you. For the most part, emergency rooms are poorly organized and understaffed. Don't even get me started on extended stays once you're admitted. Call buttons are worthless, even in the ICU.

I sincerely hope she's okay and can be discharged as soon as possible. I know it's gotta be hard for all of them, as I spent the last 2 year in an out of hospitals for someone I loved dearly.
Congratulations
Sea Post King

Yeah, I hope Kim is out as soon as she can be. Fingers crossed.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Depends on who her cardiologist is. Just keep Kim in your thoughts!!
jazlyn
Sea Post King

POST BY BOYD:
Rushed Kim (band mom to 4/5's) to ER at midnight Sunday when continued chest pains, arms were accompanied by off the charts high blood pressure/blood sugar levels where she was admitted, tested (ekg, xray, blood), medicated (blood thinner shot into the stomach, blood pressure meds, morphine for pain, etc), moved to a private room, monitored until the doctor came in tonight with helpful but depressing diagnosis - considering she's been working so hard on her health during last 4 years since we at this exact same place - facing exact same problems during Room Noises pre-production. Worse, we have no insurance and... this is so much more than a major setback. Almost feel like giving up. Heart issues have less evasive, superior remedies than in times past... it's just all coming at a bad time - during stressful times - a few weeks before Sherri's wedding. Everyone is struggling, sad, spending endless hrs at the hospital. I haven't slept since Sunday morning; Kim sent me home to get rest since tomorrow they do whatever they're going to do. Just wanted to let you guys know. It will all work out. Like everyone, we've been through tons of valleys; just didn't see this one coming. Many people are obviously hurting, stressing and suffering these days. Hope all you and your loved ones are in good health. Covet your thoughts and prayers. Hope to bring good news soon and focus on Eisley news. Internally... family is always headline news. bd

woman4life
Golly, Poster

I have been praying for her since yesterday. I am glad she didn't wait any longer and went in.

I hope she is feeling better soon and back home safe and sound.

God's blessings,
--Melanie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

That's one thing I've wondered about musical artists.

Surely the record companies have medical insurance for the president, staff, etc, so why wouldn't they extend that to artists?

But then, Kim's not an 'official' band member so she wouldn't be eligible I guess. So maybe they do offer the band members insurance?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:

Surely the record companies have medical insurance for the president, staff, etc, so why wouldn't they extend that to artists?

But then, Kim's not an 'official' band member so she wouldn't be eligible I guess. So maybe they do offer the band members insurance?

Maybe bigger stars, but usually the expectation is that they would purchase their own policy and maintain it. That's usually the case with Non-Union middle management at some companies like At & t (or was when I trained there). The logic being, you make enough dough to pay your own way.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
bigideas wrote:

Maybe bigger stars, but usually the expectation is that they would purchase their own policy and maintain it. That's usually the case with Non-Union middle management at some companies like At & t (or was when I trained there). The logic being, you make enough dough to pay your own way.

sounds like rec co logic.

funny thought - could you imagine the Polyphonic Spree policy?

though i'm not sure if all those people are 'officially' part of the band or just the main dude.

i wonder how they split the dough for live gigs?

ks1990
Lost at Forum

I was so sad to hear this. You're a fighter Kim, hope you get better!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>