14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
I don't blog.
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I'm just curious cause I've used a couple blogging sites before, but I always seem to find myself back on LiveJournal because it's so easy to use, seemingly has so many more options, and just because that's the one I've been using for as long as I can remember.

Which do you prefer and why?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I like WordPress and Tumblr the best. If Tumblr had a real commenting system, I'd like it more, though. So I never can stick to it.

I like Twitter a lot, but don't consider it a full blog.

So I'm voting "other" for WordPress.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thismirage
Sea Post King

i like twitter right now. mostly because of i can use a 3rd party app to post and follow with it. if i had to go to the website each time i wanted to post i probably wouldn't use it.

i know livejournal had apps for posting, does anyone know of one for blogger/blogspot?

Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

wordpress.

For exactly the same reason I prefer Myspace over Bebo and Myspace and Google over ask jeeves or Yahoo: it's clean, simple, unfussy, and simple to use. You also can't add five thousand things to the page to make it the messiest website ever. I might even say it was... elegant... Certainly it's name suggests more maturity than any of the others.

I've used livejournal, found it a pain to use. I found xanga horrible. And myspace was such a hassle to use. Facebook isn't a proper blog... I would rather have a single webspace for my blog. One that people can bookmark...

Wordpress for me!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
ync
Golly, Poster

i use livejournal and have since 2004 - i dunno it's just something that's so basic and easy for me to just vent. I'm still running my livejournal on S1 so it's still extremely basic. most of my friends use it which is handy and i like the groups too, for colleges n stuff, so i can get questions answered or just read about the school i'll be going to.

i like the simplicity of it really, i mean...it can get technical if you REALLY want to css that journal up and make it pretty, but i leave that to my deviantart journal. I like that i can check up on friends easily too.

I also have a blogspot for my sketch art and that's it really :/
i'm to used to livejournal to really get something else.

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I use my LiveJournal more than anything else right now. While I initially balked at the bland site design and low customizability, LJ won me over with its communities. Facebook and MySpace and Google's groups systems have none of the charm or ease of use of LiveJournal's communities. While my personal LJ is friends-only and sparsely updated, I'm extremely active in various groups.

I have a couple Tumblrs and WordPresses floating around for different purposes, but I really don't use them.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

ync wrote:
most of my friends use it which is handy and i like the groups too, for colleges n stuff, so i can get questions answered or just read about the school i'll be going to.

I couldn't agree more. I think the groups are good to have, and it seems like they're the only blogging site with such active/helpful communities.

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Wordpress!
soupey
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
I use my LiveJournal more than anything else right now. While I initially balked at the bland site design and low customizability, LJ won me over with its communities. Facebook and MySpace and Google's groups systems have none of the charm or ease of use of LiveJournal's communities. While my personal LJ is friends-only and sparsely updated, I'm extremely active in various groups.

I have a couple Tumblrs and WordPresses floating around for different purposes, but I really don't use them.

This is the only reason I use LJ. I have like a million music communitys and graphics and art communities.

I use blogger for actual posting though.

Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

I have an xanga, a myspace, a facebook, and a livejournal.
And I use them all for different types of blogging.
Xanga is personal, as myspace and facebook for me are for friends from school and such, and livejournal is for me to talk to others with other interests as me. Very Happy

dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

like people said above, i use livejournal for communities.

i have a public blogger that i use to post work, etc.

Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

I feel at east with livejournal and nostalgic for the days when all my closest friends kept blogs.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I blog on my MySpace, but i hate MySpace, so i've been meaning to start either a blogspot, or livejournal; i haven't really decided yet.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Mylovelyislostatsea wrote:
I have an xanga, a myspace, a facebook, and a livejournal.
And I use them all for different types of blogging.
Xanga is personal, as myspace and facebook for me are for friends from school and such, and livejournal is for me to talk to others with other interests as me. Very Happy

Same here. Well, I barely use my xanga blog anymore. I've had it since like '03 or '04. I don't really use livejournal that much either, never got into it.

I use Facebook and Myspace the most. I've had them since before they became popular to have and I have friends in college that I like to keep up with. Myspace is to discover new music. Twitter is to follow Imogen Heap. I've also had a twitter for a long while. I guess I'm always ahead of the curb. Hmm...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!