Laughing City
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

There's a really interesting chord in the vocals right about 2:24, on the words "and eVER." Assuming that the song is in F-minor (I haven't checked), I think the chord has the notes A-flat, B-flat, C, and D (natural). But it's a dense chord and it's hard to pick out all of the notes even after several repeated listens. So that's been bugging me . . . anyone have an opinion?
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

StuartBuck wrote:
There's a really interesting chord in the vocals right about 2:24, on the words "and eVER." Assuming that the song is in F-minor (I haven't checked), I think the chord has the notes A-flat, B-flat, C, and D (natural). But it's a dense chord and it's hard to pick out all of the notes even after several repeated listens. So that's been bugging me . . . anyone have an opinion?

the chord being played in the majority of the song is F--A-Flat--C and then it'll switch to C--E-Flat--G. and you're right about the bridge when the instruments drop. there's also an F in there. That's why I love it. it's so random and crazy but still good.

I taught myself how to play it on the piano. that's how I know.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

It has that poppy gloss which makes things hard to pick apart. Based on your notes, it would be an extended tertian harmony (if were are assuming it's functionally tonal).

Personally, I hear F as the tonal center (with the melody outlining the Fm tonality by singing F4 to Ab4)

That means, it would be Fm add #6th and 4th (or #13th and 11th, depending on how it's voiced.) Or, it could be based on Ab. So, it would be more like Ab(maj) add #4 (tritone) and 2.

I don't know, it's probably simpler than that, but I don't have a keyboard in front of me to test out some possibilities. In all actuality, the chord was most likely a product of "hey, lets both a bunch of notes together until it sounds cool and spooky" rather than any attempt at voice leading principles or functional harmony.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
It has that poppy gloss which makes things hard to pick apart. Based on your notes, it would be an extended tertian harmony (if were are assuming it's functionally tonal).

Personally, I hear F as the tonal center (with the melody outlining the Fm tonality by singing F4 to Ab4)

That means, it would be Fm add #6th and 4th (or #13th and 11th, depending on how it's voiced.) Or, it could be based on Ab. So, it would be more like Ab(maj) add #4 (tritone) and 2.

I don't know, it's probably simpler than that, but I don't have a keyboard in front of me to test out some possibilities. In all actuality, the chord was most likely a product of "hey, lets both a bunch of notes together until it sounds cool and spooky" rather than any attempt at voice leading principles or functional harmony.

Nerd patrol!
Am I right am I right?

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

EisleyForever wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

Nerd patrol!
Am I right am I right?

Get out of here, you!

$#@!, I forgot about your avatar, =D

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

EisleyForever wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

Nerd patrol!
Am I right am I right?

When you're right, you're right!
Lost Account 14094
Sea Post King

all eisley songs in standard tuning right?
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

beansbeansbeansmorebeans! wrote:
all eisley songs in standard tuning right?

Do you mean in terms of string instruments? Or as in temperament? I'd assume all Eisley songs use 12 tone equal temperament.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY