Laughing City

What do you find most embarrassing about dozing off in school?
When you get caught catching yourself nod off with that startled shudder.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
When you start to wheeze or snore
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
When you wakes up with a strand of drool bonding you to wherever you laid your head
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
When a teacher notices and slowly walks over to your location & lectures as LOUDLY AS POSSIBLE directly in front of you until they wake up
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Being woken up by someone coming in for the next class, or a custodian locking up.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I managed somehow through 13 years of compulsory education (k-12) and 5 1/2 years of college, I never fell asleep in class. Though there was one test where I nodded off in the middle of filling in Scantron blanks (thankfully I got to retake that test), and countless times where I battled sleep.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

Quote:
I hate it when you think you're still awake and you're asleep

Ah, have you ever had sleep paralysis? Like, you feel conscious and you want to get up and move but you are simply incapable? And you can hear the people around you but you can't say anything like, "help I'm dying, please wake me up"

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Cendrillon wrote:
Quote:

Ah, have you ever had sleep paralysis? Like, you feel conscious and you want to get up and move but you are simply incapable? And you can hear the people around you but you can't say anything like, "help I'm dying, please wake me up"

I suffer from that sometimes. Not nearly as bad in recent years, but it still sneaks up on me from time to time.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Cendrillon wrote:
Quote:

I have quite frequently.

I'd say my most unpleasant in-class sleep experience is not so much as jerking myself awake as falling off whatever I'd been leaning on. Kind of terrifying, really. It's like missing a stair only many times worse.

Lost at Forum

The most embarrassing for me was when I fell asleep in class during someone's presentation and started snoring! I felt so bad for the girl making the presentation. I mean she must have thought she was boring as hell!
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Cendrillon wrote:
Quote:

yup, but never in class.

I had an English teacher my senior year of high school for the last period of the day, and she said that she didn't mind if people fell asleep. Cool

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
WTF? You expect way too much out of yourself.

Maybe, though, it suggests that I simply care about my studies... outlandish suggestion, I know - don't shoot me for being so controversial!

good behavior is very controversial! what are you up to?!? Laughing

I'm a post-modern school revolutionary: I stick up to the man by obeying him.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

oh man, in class last semester, i dozed off for literally 2 minutes. and i woke up and made this little moan. i looked over at my friend and she was laughing so hard. i guess i was a little louder than i thought. i was also in the front row of a lecture. eesh.
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

I hate it when I'm dead tired and borderline sleeping for the entirety of a class, and then for the last 5 or 10 minutes I'm the most alert I've ever been in my whole life. Not only did I miss anything, but I no longer need a nap afterwards. (Which stinks because I like naps.)
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

I had a friend called Jenny who every lecture would wear large black shades to obscure the fact she was sleeping, until one seminar she slipped off her chair sideways while asleep - arms by sides, almost completely perpendicular to the chair - and knocked her glasses off!
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

If I did fall asleep in school, not much would happen usually. But once in math class in high school I remember opening my eyes and the whole class was looking me (including the teacher) and started laughing. Luckily there were only 12 people in the class.

At work I doze off occasionally whenever the students are taking a test. (I know... I should be monitoring for cheating, right?) Sometimes they laugh at that. Some things never change.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

rmlawrence wrote:
At work I doze off occasionally whenever the students are taking a test. (I know... I should be monitoring for cheating, right?) Sometimes they laugh at that. Some things never change.

That's just sad... Laughing
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

In the first grade I fell asleep in class and woke up to see that my teacher had gotten everyone to huddle around my desk xD

Another time I fell asleep on my bus and woke up with all this drool! Atleast no one could see...I think lol

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Cendrillon wrote:
Quote:

I have those dreams where you feel like you're awake, but you're asleep and you can barely move and you see someone walk up to your bed. For me it's a black figure, but it usually varies by person. It's scary! But I figured out i have to sit up or I'll get this feeling like it's sucking my life out which may have to do with my fan being on super high lol

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

lookingXglass wrote:
Cendrillon wrote:
Quote:

I have those dreams where you feel like you're awake, but you're asleep and you can barely move and you see someone walk up to your bed. For me it's a black figure, but it usually varies by person. It's scary! But I figured out i have to sit up or I'll get this feeling like it's sucking my life out which may have to do with my fan being on super high lol

You realize that was post 666 for you right??? And that is a very disquieting dream scenario. I've had scary ones, but I like to block them out and make myself forget, unless they serve to make me more cautious and decent.

*cues up Hitchcock incidental music and heads for exit very discretely*

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area