Laughing City
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

So it's getting close to a year since the last tour, and everyone is probably speculating about who Eisley should tour with next time. How about Katy Perry? Seriously, can anyone think of a better fit for Eisley? For example, "Hot N Cold" is the closest thing to "One Day I Slowly Floated Away" that I've ever heard. Better yet, add in Justin Timberlake, and you'd have one blockbuster tour, full of audiences that would totally dig Eisley.
giovanna
Lost at Forum

Please no!
Vintage Newbie

GOOD IDEA!!!

April Fools, eh?

Wink

Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

I hate this "holiday"
Lost at Forum

April fools?
sebas
Golly, Poster

Hey...

I really like Katy Perry.

Besides,

she looks like Zooey Deschanel.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I assume this is an April Fools joke, but I can certainly think of worse bands they could (and have) toured with. Just because someone has a pop hit makes them off limits? You may or may not like Katy Perry, just as many did and didn't like other bands Eisley has toured with, but I could see this happening.
Kit
Sea Post King

Eisley touring with Katy Perry would have made a little more sense in her Christian days. Now, not so much. I think some of Katy's songs are fun, but there's a significant level of artistry to Eisley's music that I think would go overlooked by most of Katy Perry's fans.
alinicole
Sea Post King

hahaha. I'd die if I had to see katy perry AGAIN. warped tour was one too many times, thanks.
lace face
Sea Post King

hahaha is this some kind of a joke?? I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face during this tour.... I like katy perry because her songs get in my head all the time but i would never see Eisley and her going together. Nice try though Wink
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

You are all gonna eat your words when if comes out that Glen Ballard, Max Martin, and Linda Perry are lined up and petitioning WB to produce the next Eisley record! Laughing Probably Timbaland and the Neptunes too! They will "Nelly Furtado" them and there'll be nothing you can do but go post on The Bridges Bulletin Board about how much you hate em' now!

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

Katy Perry makes me want destroy any source of her music playing.
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

wilsmith wrote:
You are all gonna eat your words when if comes out that Glen Ballard, Max Martin, and Linda Perry are lined up and petitioning WB to produce the next Eisley record! Laughing Probably Timbaland and the Neptunes too! They will "Nelly Furtado" them and there'll be nothing you can do but go post on The Bridges Bulletin Board about how much you hate em' now!

Whoa there! Timbaland is excellent. I'd love to see a Timbaland/Eisley collaboration. I know some of the band liked some of Justin Timberlake's Timbaland-produced stuff. Not that it's likely to ever happen, but I wouldn't mind at all if it did.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Kappa962 wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

Whoa there! Timbaland is excellent. I'd love to see a Timbaland/Eisley collaboration. I know some of the band liked some of Justin Timberlake's Timbaland-produced stuff. Not that it's likely to ever happen, but I wouldn't mind at all if it did.

Not dissing any of these producers, just acknowledging that per Chris Cornell's Scream and Bjork's Volta folks apparently don't his handiwork on their Alternative artists. I personally think his work with Aaliyah changed urban music for the better, but it wasn't meant to last. Cry Me a River and My Love are perfect futurist pop, no doubt.

But yeah, they are dissing Katy Perry pretty hard, so I figured I'd go Alanis Morrissette on them, but correctly.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
I assume this is an April Fools joke, but I can certainly think of worse bands they could (and have) toured with.

Yeah, honestly, I'm still trying to figure out the Reggie and the Full Effect and New Found Glory tour. I really didn't get that. (And didn't enjoy it much either.)

goto page
 | next >>