0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ambivalent
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

saw it last night. It gets a "meh" from me.

the footage of A-10's flying around is cool but there wasn't a lot to the movie. At the end it feels like the didn't really accomplish anything.

There were plenty of technical mistakes too like at the end when the chopper is flying adjacent to an explosion and the shock wave passes them on the ground. That doesn't make any logical sense at all, the shock wave is a sphere (or half sphere because of the earth) the chopper never would have made it.

Oh and why is every evil computer brain a women with a funny accent??

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Oh... don't be petty... Razz

You are right about the chopper though, I thought about that as it was happening. You can use the whole "lift from the heat of the blast" carrying it further up and out theory though... But the whole issue of fallout since it was a nuclear explosion or at least a chain reaction induced by one, was never addressed.

The Skynet persona, that was explained by the evil computer brain itself, so I'm gonna assume you're just being funny. It said it chose that face and persona because it assumed Marcus Wright would react best to that one given his history and circumstances.

But honestly, take the technical aspects of the movie away, what did you think of the overall execution?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
But the whole issue of fallout since it was a nuclear explosion or at least a chain reaction induced by one, was never addressed.

The comic book adaptation includes Kyle Reese mentioning the occasional "crazy," driven mad by radiation sickness, but no further explanation is given to how a nuclear holocaust would only result in a small percentage of the population being susceptible to the radiation. Unless everyone left is some kind of mutant. Surprised Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

cyborgs, A. I, time travel AND Mutants ?!?!?!?

We talking about Terminator or Days of the Future Past??? Confused

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

wilsmith wrote:
Oh... don't be petty... :P

You are right about the chopper though, I thought about that as it was happening. You can use the whole "lift from the heat of the blast" carrying it further up and out theory though... But the whole issue of fallout since it was a nuclear explosion or at least a chain reaction induced by one, was never addressed.

The Skynet persona, that was explained by the evil computer brain itself, so I'm gonna assume you're just being funny. It said it chose that face and persona because it assumed Marcus Wright would react best to that one given his history and circumstances.

But honestly, take the technical aspects of the movie away, what did you think of the overall execution?

I'm not a very good movie critic, i mean one of my favorite movies is 2Fast2Furious so take this with a grain of salt heh. (Nissan Skyline + the girl at the beginning with the lolleypop FTW)

I thought it was done well i mean the movie was definitely entertaining. The acting was ok, Sam Worthington really saved the day though. The special effects and action were really good. Finally, a movie got the sound of an A-10's GAU-8 Avenger right.

The different scenes were ok the minefield scene was too long but the transformer vs towtruck vs motorcycle scene was done well. The scene where Marcus meets Reese was good too.

Overall i guess i'd give it a B-, I didn't feel like i wasted my money but I wouldn't see it twice.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

chasd00 wrote:
Sam Worthington really saved the day though.

transformer vs towtruck vs motorcycle scene was done well. The scene where Marcus meets Reese was good too.

Overall i guess i'd give it a B-, I didn't feel like i wasted my money but I wouldn't see it twice.

Yeah, I thought he was good, which really bugs me, cause yet ANOTHER Australian is taking roles one of our American bodybuilders, MMA fighters, and/ or professional wrestlers thought they were born for me to poop on!

ah... and I see you chose to not use the 80's sci-fi geek translations of the scene, which would be: Transformers vs. the Road Warrior vs. Street Hawk

That Jeep chase scene felt like it was lifted from somewhere too, including that line Marcus said to Kyle about letting him drive. I can't call it up though, but I felt like that was familiar as all get out. Maybe it was just De Ja Vu???

It is a B range movie, but definitely not a B-Movie like Terminator 3: whatever the subtitle was...