Laughing City
drew8890
Sea Post King

IIIIIIIIII like it... a lot. Also, on Amazon I'm seeing that its to be released on the 9th soooo...?
Caley
Lost at Forum

drew8890 wrote:
IIIIIIIIII like it... a lot. Also, on Amazon I'm seeing that its to be released on the 9th soooo...?

It says that next to the picture, but then in the green box (on my screen, at least) they have the correct release date bolded, so it'll be the 13th.

drew8890
Sea Post King

Caley wrote:
drew8890 wrote:

It says that next to the picture, but then in the green box (on my screen, at least) they have the correct release date bolded, so it'll be the 13th.

Oh wow, that's kind of right there. I can't see. Thank you!

kLafied
Laughing Citizen

Wow, I CANNOT wait to hear the full version of ambulance..it sounds amazing.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Ambulance sounds pretty rad. Were there strings in the studio, or is it all VST stuff?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GoshDarnit
Sea Post King

Did they like...alter Sherri's voice on GarageBand for Away We Go? Someone ask Sherri on Twitter or something. I do like all the songs off the EP though.
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

"The Valley" is so infectious, it's already playing in my head over and over. I don't even know half of the song and it's an earworm.

"Away We Go" is cool and different, I really, really love what I've heard.

boone
Vintage Newbie

GoshDarnit wrote:
Did they like...alter Sherri's voice on GarageBand for Away We Go? Someone ask Sherri on Twitter or something. I do like all the songs off the EP though.

It sounds like her voice was ran through a harmonizer, or she copied her vocal track and pitch shifted it for some quick harmony. This is what happens with demos.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

vivalaspopie wrote:
Am I the only one disappointed? I guess I'll hold final judgment until the full songs are out. I mean, Stacy's voice sounds amazing but the instrumentation sounds flat and indistinct (sorry, I don't know any technical terms, but it just doesn't sound good,) particularly on Ambulance.

I agree, they seemed muddled. I think I would enjoy "Ambulance" a lot better stripped down. But yes we have to hear the entire thing in context.

and lol @Gibbs-jab.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
olimario
Laughing Citizen

I love her voice on Ambulance.
This is the most instantly pleased I've been with a couple of songs in a long time.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Ambulance and The Valley sound good to me (at least these samples of them). Not much of a fan of Away We Go so far, but maybe it will grow on me. 192 days, I'll have to hear it live and hear the whole song to say for sure.
alinicole
Sea Post King

hahaha oh, according to Boyd "Away We Go" was accidentally sped up or something so that's why her voice sounds weird. I slowed it down and listened and it sounds much more normal.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:
hahaha oh, according to Boyd "Away We Go" was accidentally sped up or something so that's why her voice sounds weird. I slowed it down and listened and it sounds much more normal.

Hah! I knew it! And here everyone was trying to make me feel like a hater! Wink Laughing

Sea Post King

johnip wrote:
tragedienne wrote:

Hah! I knew it! And here everyone was trying to make me feel like a hater! Wink Laughing

haha

Also, if you guys don't have a program to slow down/speed up audio but you want to hear what it sounds like slowed down a bit, here ya go:

http://www.box.net/shared/44u9komxph

Not saying this is the right tempo/pitch as I just picked a random number, but her voice still sounds way more normal

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

tragedienne wrote:
johnip wrote:
tragedienne wrote:

haha

Also, if you guys don't have a program to slow down/speed up audio but you want to hear what it sounds like slowed down a bit, here ya go:

http://www.box.net/shared/44u9komxph

Not saying this is the right tempo/pitch as I just picked a random number, but her voice still sounds way more normal

much better, a lot better. haha i hope they get everything fixed in time for the release

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>