Golly, Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGDC9RVHMOM
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Thanks! Smile
TigerNightmare
Sea Post King

Ah, what a night. I didn't get there three hours in advance like I typically do, but I got a decent spot only one row back near Wes and Chantelle's spot. Can't complain about that. When she emerged from behind the screen, I was like, "Wow." During sound testing, I heard, "Stacy's mic, check check, Stacy's mic," and then I heard a very feminine but not Stacy voice say, "I'm Stacy." Probably Sherri? Couldn't see.

Moving Mountains and Moneen were alright, liked the latter better, but the guitar amps were drowning out the vocals entirely for both. The girl to my rear right kept brushing my arm with hers. You have amazing skin if you're reading this.

Their set felt short, and then I come here and find that they played 11 songs. I Could Be There With You didn't have the intro like the last tour had, but it's good either way. Max came on stage to declare their marriage to all for the first time to us that night and also to play a great new song called Smarter the he co-wrote with Sherri. Was it just me, or was Wes' drums mixed a bit too loud? I can't really say everyone heard that since the drums were like, touchable from where I was. I also feel like Sherri's mic could've been louder, missing the raw power you usually hear during songs like ICBTWY. Great show despite and I really missed seeing them play.

After their set, I threw my arms up and wriggled my way out of the tightly-pack mess of bodies while my spot was quickly overtaken and poured into. Went straight for the merch table which had a large group around it. Eisley came by the table to say hi and I let out an inaudible over the others, "Hey." This guy was all confrontational as he spoke to Stacy, saying he was a big fan of her music and wanted her to listen to his, handing her a sharpied CD-R. Seemed awkward. Boyd came around to tell them that they couldn't stay long, I assume so they could get the van all ready to go.

The Moneen girl was ready for me earlier and they pretty much had their entire catalogue for sale. I asked for all the music she had, but that would've run me $45 and I only took $40 from the ATM. So, I asked for $25 worth and ended up missing their most recent work. Have yet to listen to what I got. Finally, Eisley dude was ready and I asked for the Fire Kite EP. $10. As I was walking away, I was stopped and was handed a litho for free. Lot of that going around, probably. I thought an "included" thing would've been inside it, but, this thing is a poster. It measures 20.5" x 17". Right now it's on top of my computer monitor for lack of a better place for it. With all this to carry, I went out to my car around the corner to put it all away and also to listen to some of the EP.

I went back in, looking for a place to sit, with only 2 drink minimum tables available upstairs. Stood in the back. While I couldn't really get into Say Anything, they put on a fun, energetic (and sweaty) show. I liked the song I Hate Everyone, with a catchy riff to go along with something I can really relate to, even with the people I love the most.

The first encore song about and dedicated to Sherri was called Crushed, which Max played solo acoustically. It's flawed but more my kind of song, more enjoyable to me because it seemed to come from a more authentic place than the other more silly songs.

I'd like to hear some show reviews from the rest of you there. And more pictures!
Joined: 13 Oct 2008 | Posts: 13 | Location: South San Francisco, CA
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

TigerNightmare wrote:
Ah, what a night. I didn't get there three hours in advance like I typically do, but I got a decent spot only one row back near Wes and Chantelle's spot. Can't complain about that. When she emerged from behind the screen, I was like, "Wow." During sound testing, I heard, "Stacy's mic, check check, Stacy's mic," and then I heard a very feminine but not Stacy voice say, "I'm Stacy." Probably Sherri? Couldn't see.

I was standing right underneath stacy's spot. It was Weston being funny.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Okay so I was hoping to get all the photos finished by tonight, but I'm too tired! It's almost 1:00 am so this is some of what I've got for now.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3502/4021053079_afc79a3c3e.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2431/4021050169_a772e47b10.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2434/4021050097_3d4f3b597e.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2515/4021810390_e1a51e4512_b.jpg

Here's the set, with more to be added eventually.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/meredithblaine/sets/72157622608739384/
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
Starbright
Sea Post King

Finally! Thanks!
FrannyGlassx42x
Sea Post King

magnetic headbot wrote:

hey! i go to davis. but i am not going Sad midterms friday.

Aggies represent! It was a good show, but I understand the midterms thing... I've got one Tuesday that I should have been studying for this weekend!

I was late to the show and thought I'd missed Eisley's set. So, I was very happy when I saw Weston setting up his drum kit.

Review of show: Eisley=Awesome