Laughing City
greatbeyond
Sea Post King

Saw Eisley and Eisley only last night at El Corazon. I got there early to get the EP, but left and came back before Eisley was due to go on. Theeeen I left after Eisley. I'm not really into Say Anything.

For those keeping track, this was the setlist:

Marvelous Things
Invasion
The Valley
Golly Sandra
Mr. Pine
Smarter
I Could Be There For You
Ambulance
Many Funerals

Good set. They had some backing track issues before The Valley and, I don't know, "syncing" (?) issues on Many Funerals. They were due to play two more songs after Ambulance, but Sherri decided that was enough and to skip to the last song, so I don't know what that song was meant to be.

My 7th Eisley show if you can believe it since 2003. Always a good time. Got to meet Collin at the merch table. Nice guy.

Anyone else from the forum there?
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I was there. Good show! The two songs they skipped were Come Clean right before Ambulance, and Memories right after. It's been that same set every show on the tour, and since I saw them the night before in Portland, I knew right away which songs we missed out on. I was most disappointed about Memories, but oh well!

I left after their set as well because I had to drive back to Portland. But I caught Say Anything's set in Portland and enjoyed it. I don't listen to their music much (but there are a few songs that I kind of like), but their live shows are really good.
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

uncreative wrote:
I was there. Good show! The two songs they skipped were Come Clean right before Ambulance, and Memories right after. It's been that same set every show on the tour, and since I saw them the night before in Portland, I knew right away which songs we missed out on. I was most disappointed about Memories, but oh well!

I left after their set as well because I had to drive back to Portland. But I caught Say Anything's set in Portland and enjoyed it. I don't listen to their music much (but there are a few songs that I kind of like), but their live shows are really good.

definitely. say anything is one of those bands i would categorize as better live than on recording.

Kayci
Golly, Poster

I was there too! They were great, although the sound for the first opening band was pretty terrible and the sound at another Eisley show I've been to at El Corazon was pretty bad, so I was worried, it was good!

I was kind of disappointed that they skipped those two songs. Did you guys feel like Sherri was really apologetic for even being onstage, to the point of seriously downplaying her own band? I'm excited for them to headline/play with bands with fanbases more into their kind of music.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Kayci wrote:
I was there too! They were great, although the sound for the first opening band was pretty terrible and the sound at another Eisley show I've been to at El Corazon was pretty bad, so I was worried, it was good!

I was kind of disappointed that they skipped those two songs. Did you guys feel like Sherri was really apologetic for even being onstage, to the point of seriously downplaying her own band? I'm excited for them to headline/play with bands with fanbases more into their kind of music.

Yeah it was kind of weird, she said something like (not exactly this) "We know y'all want to see Say Anything so we'll be done here soon. We have two more for ya." I talked to both Boyd and Todd after the show and they both said that they just started too late, and they attributed that to the fact that they have to set up and dial everything in after the band before them finishes, rather than have it all set up and ready to go before the show even starts (only the headliners get to do this). It did seem like they took longer to get ready last night than they did in Portland. But still, good show!
LacyFace
Sea Post King

Would be the best set if they just squeezed in Head Against The Sky or Memories Very Happy
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Kayci wrote:
Did you guys feel like Sherri was really apologetic for even being onstage, to the point of seriously downplaying her own band?

wow, way to make everyone feel awkward...
pmnewkirk
Sea Post King

Do you guys know the set times for each of the bands? I want to take my daughter to the show, but only want to see Eisley. Or even if you just know approx when Eisley comes on after doors open?
LacyFace
Sea Post King

pmnewkirk wrote:
Do you guys know the set times for each of the bands? I want to take my daughter to the show, but only want to see Eisley. Or even if you just know approx when Eisley comes on after doors open?

It depends on what bands are opening that night?? Because at the austin show on Emo's website they say that minature tigers start at 8, Moneen (8:45 to 9:20) Eisley (9:30) and then Say Anything at (10:30) so i am guessing around then or maybe earlier depending on if you have more bands opening on the show your attenting... hope that helped?
Last edited by LacyFace on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
pmnewkirk
Sea Post King

yes, that helps, thanks. I can find anything like that for the salt lake show.
pmnewkirk
Sea Post King

i mean i can't find anything like that : )
LacyFace
Sea Post King

pmnewkirk wrote:
i mean i can't find anything like that : )

Who is opening for the show you are attending??