Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
WB has dropped the ball on Eisley from day one.

They've done nothing to widen the band's fanbase or appeal.
They do nothing more than hinder the band's success and take away from their bottomline.

Eisley needs to get off WB and just promote themselves independently from now on.
Get hooked up with an independent distributor that will get you into Best Buy and Target, getting on iTunes is easy. They already have a ton of connections in the industry and with other bands, so they don't need anyone to help them tour. Boyd does the graphic design so they've never relied on anyone for that. Seriously, WB is dragging them down, and I think they'd enjoy themselves a lot more (aside from making a lot more money), if they just put out independent releases.

Amen, and amen!
LacyFace
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
JBaker wrote:

They do nothing more than hinder the band's success and take away from their bottomline.

Eisley needs to get off WB and just promote themselves independently from now on.
Get hooked up with an independent distributor that will get you into Best Buy and Target, getting on iTunes is easy. They already have a ton of connections in the industry and with other bands, so they don't need anyone to help them tour. Boyd does the graphic design so they've never relied on anyone for that. Seriously, WB is dragging them down, and I think they'd enjoy themselves a lot more (aside from making a lot more money), if they just put out independent releases.

Amen, and amen!

They should go on the Afternoon Records I love those people!!!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

LacyFace wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
JBaker wrote:

Amen, and amen!

They should go on the Afternoon Records I love those people!!!

Ha ha ... that would be awesome. I doubt Afternoon is big enough, but they really are doing some impressive things with Now, Now Every Children and One For The Team. hmm (And they're darn fun people, at that.)

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

it's ok, eisley can still send out the ep's to the people who bought them pre-sale. i wonder how long it'll take for mine to come?
TigerNightmare
Sea Post King

I don't think WB's been completely bad. They got them to appear on Conan, whose audience demographic totally overlaps with people who would like Eisley. Hell, that appearance is what got me into them in the first place.

I feel like the alternative/modern/indie rock audience is harder to reach these days because MTV, when it actually plays videos, is rampant with hip hop and Blink182 clones and only the old die hard bands from my youth like Green Day and Weezer break through that mess. Is 120 Minutes even still on anymore?

So, WB needs to figure out that it needs to find alternative means of exposing the band. These days, I'm not sure what shows do this, but at the end of an episode, shortly after a song appearing within it, you hear someone announce, "Tonight's episode features music from [artist]," and you hear a clip of the song that played with a close-up of the album its on. These days, hearing a song in a TV show, movie or on Conan are the only places I get into new music. I also get into opening bands at shows, but I don't go to shows as often as I watch TV.

Someone send this to WB so they can saturate the airwaves with Eisley.
Joined: 13 Oct 2008 | Posts: 13 | Location: South San Francisco, CA
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ The CW (used to be the WB network Laughing and UPN merged together) does that alot, as does MTV for some of their reality based dramas...

WB at least fixed Away We Go on itunes last week.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

They've been on The Hills a few times now.
Lost at Forum

for some reason, sometimes when I hear The Valley, I think of Gossip Girl.

it could fit nicely into a coda.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I don't know how to explain this, but the Valley is so cerebral kinetic I can only hear the "Hook" or a tv show cue of some sort, but the other parts of the songs (my favorite parts honestly) pull your attention so much it would overwhelm whatever they're putting up on screen...

That said, it's a perfect song for ( don't hate ) a commercial Very Happy that starts after the 1st bridge ends with the chorus. Maybe it's cause I listened to the that Snippets for a week that this works to me? But honestly, the song has so much going on in good ways.

In Ipod touch commercial would be nice, or a nice car...

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Video games would be a great arena for their music to get heard too.
thismirage
Sea Post King

is there a way to redownload the correct version on itunes?
Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ it's the same as the one Boyd posted on trollywood, cept that one has a few seconds of silence at the end after the song is over. Both have the track number and cover art correct, so you can just download the version he made available for fans who got the sped up one and add it to your playlist.

thismirage
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
^ it's the same as the one Boyd posted on trollywood, cept that one has a few seconds of silence at the end after the song is over. Both have the track number and cover art correct, so you can just download the version he made available for fans who got the sped up one and add it to your playlist.

yeah i already did that but i paid for a messed up version and was wondering if itunes lets you get the correct version. just for the principle of that matter and all. Laughing

Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^gotcha... sorry for the redundant and obvious suggestion. Should asked ya' first.

I guess in my head, if the band manager replaces your item, that's as good as a refund, if not better. It's like getting your money back when a vending machine jacks you.

In my case I DL'd it from itunes after getting the Boyd version to "settle up the books", and then played both cause I realized the Itunes sample sounded correct. It was then I realized I they'd fixed it. I was kinda looking forward to having the sped up version as a memento...

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:
for some reason, sometimes when I hear The Valley, I think of Gossip Girl.

it could fit nicely into a coda.

EXACTLY.

WB should:
-Get Eisley onto a closing montage type thing on Gossip Girl (which is actually a hot bed for breaking musicians.)
-MAKE MORE MUSIC VIDEOS. This is their biggest failure, if you ask me.
-Get the band onto one of those pseudo-indie movie soundtracks that hipsters just eat up (Away We Go, 500 Days of Summer, Whip It, etc.)

The band should:
-Make an extremely cohesive album packed wall-to-wall with solid songs that's not overproduced (which is easily in their reach if everything falls into line properly)

I mean, WB isn't totally effing up. They got the band on Conan, The Hills, Fuse, and they were on the Six Flags TVs for a solid two years. If all of the above happen and they still don't blow up, the public just don't want them... or, er, "aren't ready for them."

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>