Laughing City
nico
Sea Post King

juan wrote:
I haven't yet found my means of getting it. As a result, I've retracted my support of the band and will never spend a penny more on them.

I hope you're not being serious. The band has 0 control over distribution (I think this has been proven by the fact that 'Away we go' still has yet to be fixed), it's 100% on the label (I hold my breath).

That being said, inquiries have been made about expanding the digital distribution but last I heard there has been no update.

As a band who thrives on their fan base/loyal supporters, I'm sure its in their best interest to sell the EP to anyone who wants to pay for it.

Patience is power; with time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes silk.
- A Chinese Proverb

Joined: 23 Jul 2007 | Posts: 55 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Starbright
Sea Post King

I think I just woke the whole household up with me shouting YEAY at the top of my lungs. It's definitely a fruitful search, if you ask me.

Again, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fire Kite is magic! And therefore, so is Eisley!

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

juan wrote:
I haven't yet found my means of getting it. As a result, I've retracted my support of the band and will never spend a penny more on them.

I know how you feel. I was going to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the power in my house went out and I couldn't watch it. I was so pissed that I decided I will never support that show again.*

I just wanted to illustrate to you how ridiculous you sound. You are retracting support for the wrong people who had nothing to do with why you can't download it over there.

*Red is sarcasm, right?
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I think he's joking but I'm sure it's frustrating to not get to hear or buy these songs.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i want to post the link for you all. but i have no way of knowing if US people will grab it too.

and I don't want to do anything that will get me banned or whatever.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Okay, here's an idea:

There is a thread where people are asking them to pick up an EP at the show...

UK fans can go to that thread and see who said yes that hasn't been to a show yet.

They can PM that person and ask them to get them the EP at the show.

To prevent cashflow issues for the buyer, they can Paypal them the funds before the show (including international postage and insurance, which isn't much for a single cd).

If it's sent as a gift, then there's not tariffs etc.

This is honor system of course.

Save piracy as a last resort should options, resources, and patience totally fail. Not 1 but all 3.

It's becoming pretty obvious that Eisley is a band truly about the fans, and so that fans should be about the band, and thus, about each other. If they were playing in St. Louis I'd have you covered, but they're not.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

guess, I'm pretty sure he was joking. let's all calm down in here, yes?
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

My apologies if it was a joke. I couldn't tell.
juan
Lost at Forum

Was gonna post a reply. Lost it. Can't justify another 20 mins. Spent a lot of cash on eisley, seen them 3 times, this album will be their best yet, guaranteed. it was a joke. X

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Catey
Lost at Forum

I got it illegally but it's because a) I knew it wouldn't get a UK releae and b) I honestly couldn't afford it anyway being a poor student.

This EP isn't so important though, I may have got this the wrong way but I WILL purchase the LP from Amazon.com or wherever when it comes out next year.

I think that is what is important here, the EP isn't going to damn their record sales - it's a limited release. The LP is where it matters and then we should all be able to purchase it with Visa debits or credit cards whatever.

Although, I would suggest not getting it shipped over from USA people. The godamn postal strikes will mean it won't come for...god knows how long.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

learn something new everyday, i didn't know there was a postal strike going on over there, does it affect UPS?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
walkingonawire
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
learn something new everyday, i didn't know there was a postal strike going on over there, does it affect UPS?

probably won't as only the royal mail are striking, most private company's will not be affected

<< prev | goto page